ADVERTISEMENT

So, is Kirk making it crystal clear to everyone that he is refusing to evolve?

Again, bare minimum of research. I know that's hard, but let me help you.

He didn't take over as OC at Syracuse until half-way through 2014. He immediately improved them by 10 PPG in his first full season, and was only let go because Babers wanted to install his own staff.

He called his own plays at WMU from 2018-2022 (where Johns worked under him in 2017), and immediately improved their yards per play and YPG by about 40 yards.

I love how KF is this weird Schrodinger's boogeyman to idiots like you, unwilling to hire outside of his comfort zone but they're automatically yes men when he does.
0fcd3a0a-a973-4525-a7bb-05985136ea02_text.gif

Oh, yes, the whole “you’re an idiot and Frosty knows best” spiel.

Seen this movie a few times. Where? Oh, yes, in your defense but not really defense of Brian because Iowa was winning against the likes of mighty Illinois and Northwestern. Then when Iowa’s offense got embarrassed by Michigan and Tennessee what did you have to say?

Oh, that’s right. Your bitch ass was nowhere to be found.

Now here you are again to suck off Kirk. Never change, Frosty. Never change. You make a wonderful bottom bitch, you little Ferentz ferry sycophant. To the ignore list you go. Dumbass.
Ignore that asshole. It makes the board a lot more bearable.

Ah yes, the continual prediction of failure that never comes.

"Iowa will be lucky to win 6 games next year!!!", copy and paste every year.

Johns' passing game is far too effective for what Kirk wants. Lester is nothing but a yes man in need of a job. Kirk needs to go.
Johns' passing game statistically has exceeded Lester's exactly 1 time. Especially considering Lester improved WMU's passing game significantly after Johns left.

It's like some of you compete to see who can post the most wrong statement.

We had to beat out Troy for his services.
Only time will tell if this works.

But it seems odd for any of us to be surprised that a coach who has made a career out of routinely sniping recruits from MAC-level programs, has decided to apply that same philosophy to hiring coaches.

The guy might be amazing. Or he might be the second coming of BF/GDGD. But honestly, Ol' Doodle's best guess is that ultimately KF was looking for, found and hired the closest thing to Ken O'Keefe who was available and interested in the job.

Last edited:
Reactions: AEG82
Only time will tell if this works.

But it seems odd for any of us to be surprised that a coach who has made a career out of routinely sniping recruits from MAC-level programs, has decided to apply that same philosophy to hiring coaches?

The guy might be amazing. Or he might be the second coming of BF/GDGD. But honestly, Ol' Doodle's best guess is that ultimately KF was looking for, found and hired the closest thing to Ken O'Keefe who was available and interested in the job.
Probably the correct answer.

Ironically @Frosty7130 's avatar of Tevaun Smith's TD vs MSU may just be the last exciting play a KF offense has had.
It’s a waste of time arguing with him. I put him on ignore.

I think Iowa fans should be perplexed and disappointed if Lester was indeed chosen over Johns.

With that said, we should give Lester a chance. If this season is more of the same offensively, then it’s time for Kirk to go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT