ADVERTISEMENT

So whos been recruiting for us this weekend?

bammhawk1

HR Heisman
May 16, 2009
Whos been watching every wrestler to see who we could possibly get in the portal? Have to get guys in the off season!

• Haha
Reactions: Wrastling Fan
I don’t see TJ leaving to come to a team where he has competition for a starting spot. Angelo is our best recruit since Spencer and Nelson is back next year.
If (a big if) TJ wanted to come to Iowa, you would tell Nelson to move on. That's an easy decision based on eligibility and future lineups.

TJ could wrestle 184 in 2024-25 while Angelo redshirts and then bump up to 197 in 2025-26 for his last two seasons.

2025-26:

165 - Caliendo
174 - Gabe
184 - Angelo
197 - Steward
HWT - Kueter

If (a big if) TJ wanted to come to Iowa, you would tell Nelson to move on. That's an easy decision based on eligibility and future lineups.

TJ could wrestle 184 in 2024-25 while Angelo redshirts and then bump up to 197 in 2025-26 for his last two seasons.

2025-26:

165 - Caliendo
174 - Gabe
184 - Angelo
197 - Steward
HWT - Kueter
TJ is the same height as Gabe absolutely no chance he’s big enough to wrestle 97

TJ is the same height as Gabe absolutely no chance he’s big enough to wrestle 97
I mean, he won the Beast of the East at 220 two years ago and wrestled 197 during his Redshirt year, so I think there would be a chance he could grow into a full 197 over the next two years. Again, this is all a pipe dream lol.

Considering it’s a major violation, I hope the answer is no one…
200w.gif

Nagao was a Minnesota mole sent to sabotage PSU getting 10 AAs. The God who told him to do it was J Rob
I imagine Eggum losing so many guys in the portal let's him skate another season...

Speaking of which, any Jammiez sightings?

Reactions: el dub
I am sure it is done at some level, but it absolutely is a major violation if you directly approach a wrestler from a different team. After the gambling fiasco all Iowa needs right now is accusations of that sort…..Hell, imagine if they got caught doing it!

I am sure it is done at some level, but it absolutely is a major violation if you directly approach a wrestler from a different team. After the gambling fiasco all Iowa needs right now is accusations of that sort…..Hell, imagine if they got caught doing it!
I’m curious if wrestlers from one team ever nudge friends from other squads to consider changing programs by advertising potentially vacant slots?

Reactions: hlstone and tiltman
I’m curious if wrestlers from one team ever nudge friends from other squads to consider changing programs by advertising potentially vacant slots?
At some level I assume that is what happened with DeSanto…

At some level I assume that is what happened with DeSanto…

Well we know from the doc now that Drexel had already dropped DeSanto after nationals. He didn't really have to "transfer" since he didn't have a team anymore to begin with. But certainly Spencer was the reason he picked Iowa, although I don't think they were "friends" at that point.

Reactions: MilleGinja
Geez, Im not talking about talking directly to the wrestler. Just scouting and getting ideas and everything lined up

Reactions: WEH8ST8HAWK
Well we know from the doc now that Drexel had already dropped DeSanto after nationals. He didn't really have to "transfer" since he didn't have a team anymore to begin with. But certainly Spencer was the reason he picked Iowa, although I don't think they were "friends" at that point.

Desanto explaining in the documentary that he found out he was kicked off the team from his parents because the coaches were too pathetic to tell him directly was insane to hear. A huge indictment against the Drexel coaching staff.

Idc who wants to come and at what weight. If they wanna be hawk get them in the room. Lineups will sort themselves out. But yeah Stewart from vt would be #1

We should care who comes. Our room is full of guys that should be at Warburg or Grand View…
It wasn’t like I was saying let’s fill up on d3 guys, I’m saying how many weights are actually safe. If some hammer wants to come do what it takes. Li who figure itself out

Who does PSU lose? Brooks is done. Strocci? Greg?

I've seen conflicting reports on Nelson Brands.

If memory serves, he did not participate in Senior Day festivities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT