ADVERTISEMENT

Steveson

yea i was just naming transfers, didn't realize this was an old quote. kem dog had 3 or 4 middle weights during his recruitment some thought were better, i think he really improved
Yeah Freddy Stroker had an illustrious career didn't he, in multiple rooms. IIRC both were highly recruited 149s in the same year. Papa Bear's kid was a recruit at the weight as well. Max Thomsen is someone people felt we missed on IIRC.

Reactions: 12tdsaw
Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Kill Bill Vol. 2, Jackie Brown, Django Unchained, plus many more.

The dude is pretty good at his job.
Although that part of this thread was from quite a while ago, I never said he wasn't good. Hell, I literally said his DI comparsion was Cory Clark(4x AA, 3x Finalist and NCAA CHAMP). I just fought against calling him TOP 5 of ALL TIME and as good as Clark was, I think we would all agree he wasn't Top 5 of ALL TIME, either....

My point wasn't to say he wasn't good, it was to show that he absolutley has a repetitive nature, which basically all directers/writers do. When putting someone into the most elite category, those things are worth pointing out.

Although that part of this thread was from quite a while ago, I never said he wasn't good. Hell, I literally said his DI comparsion was Cory Clark(4x AA, 3x Finalist and NCAA CHAMP). I just fought against calling him TOP 5 of ALL TIME and as good as Clark was, I think we would all agree he wasn't Top 5 of ALL TIME, either....

My point wasn't to say he wasn't good, it was to show that he absolutley has a repetitive nature, which basically all directers/writers do. When putting someone into the most elite category, those things are worth pointing out.
1. Didn't realize how old that sub thread was. Oh well.
2. There Must've been a misunderstanding between what I read and what you meant.
3. I do agree, Clark isn't top 5. Tarantino probably isn't either.

Odd thing to say and then come down and hang out in the Iowa wrestling room and take pictures with Tom.
Not really.

Not everything is black or white in the real world. It’s actually possible to have connections in the program or even participate in the program and observe/experience a range of positive and negative facets.

Last edited:
Not really.

Not everything is black or white in the real world. It’s actually possible to have connections in the program or even participate in the program and observe/experience a range of of positive and negative facets.
OK

Reactions: el dub
If memory serves correct he helped write the screenplay but didn’t direct that one. If you rewatch it now, after he gets bit and starts to turn he kinda looks like what he does today 😬

Reactions: el dub and 12tdsaw
Being in that room seems to have worked out rather well for him, wouldn't you say?
Yea great now what is the question? how does he improve his brand and its value!?!?!? At gooferland, or at IOWA???
LOL. Exactly.

And Gable doesn't exactly have the best view of Iowa. In his words, "No one goes there and gets better."
Not sure where in all hell this crap came from? Never heard it and it is obviously BS. I would go so far as to say. IOWA has had as good if not better results with transfers then anyone! Others have listed plenty of them.

That being said, not sure he has to improve so much as he needs to get back into wrestling shape and continue to perform at a high level!

Inglorious Bastards is hands down my favorite film by Quentin. Far from a rinse and repeat film writer/director
Reservoir Dogs is my favorite. Just one person's opinion, but IB, as great as it was, was a little too over the top for me. His last handful of movies are similar in that they imagine different endings to horrific historical events. Emotionally satisfying, but I leave the theater thinking he's getting away with something. Great director, though.

which will be great, but the iowa hitch would bump it a bit. cudos for his dancing with the one who brung you.

QT decided in Dogs to blow his entire music budget on one song. Playing during most peoples memorable scene from that movie. To this day, anytime I hear Steelers Wheel play that song I go right back to that scene. The guy is a genius

Reactions: Gusaford
1. Didn't realize how old that sub thread was. Oh well.
2. There Must've been a misunderstanding between what I read and what you meant.
3. I do agree, Clark isn't top 5. Tarantino probably isn't either.
Who would be in your top five?

Man, this has come full circle.
I remember rooting for Casaar (sp.) once PSU had the title wrapped up, to knock his cocky rear off his Freshman year, and now will be rooting for him to knock Kerk a spot or two down the podium just because it's PSU.
I would have loved to see him come here (although not if Cass was eligible) and hurt PSU even more, but I never was convinced there was any chance of that.

And he’s staying in the room that molded him into a multiple time NCAA champ and Olympic gold medalist.

Anyone thinking he should transfer to Iowa has black and gold glasses melted onto their face.
I disagree with this. He doesn't need Iowa to get better at wrestling but winning a national championship with Iowa and Helping them beat PSU (still a big if) would be better for his story than just winning another one at minny. Wrestling wise i doubt there is to many "rooms' that will make him better.

I disagree with this. He doesn't need Iowa to get better at wrestling but winning a national championship with Iowa and Helping them beat PSU (still a big if) would be better for his story than just winning another one at minny. Wrestling wise i doubt there is to many "rooms' that will make him better.
He needs to stay healthy for any of that to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkgma

It's a story that isn't happening in any scenario and that no one would really care about other than Iowa fans. I don't see anyone here advocating he go to Michigan. LOL

Yea great now what is the question? how does he improve his brand and its value!?!?!? At gooferland, or at IOWA???

Not sure where in all hell this crap came from? Never heard it and it is obviously BS. I would go so far as to say. IOWA has had as good if not better results with transfers then anyone! Others have listed plenty of them.

That being said, not sure he has to improve so much as he needs to get back into wrestling shape and continue to perform at a high level!
Which transfers got better at Iowa?

Nick Lee begs to differ.
Whatever...
I don't judge getting better with just one match between 2 high level guys.
Is an overall of their time in the program.
Obviously, Jaydin feels the Iowa program helped him since he is still here as part of the HWC.

Nick Lee begs to differ.
Yo realize Nick Lee beat Jaydin 10-0 at Senior Nationals in 2019, right? Lee was ALWAYS going to be a nightmare matchup for Jaydin on his feet.

Iowa did the best they could to minimize that advantage, while maximizing Jaydin’s advantages. In the Finals, Lee was able to avoid choosing down in the 3rd, got the only takedown in regulation and got to OT tied 2-2. As expected, Lee got the td in OT to win and avoided being under Eierman for the entire match…..

Which transfers got better at Iowa?
Lugo, DeSanto obviously did. Nelson Brands has gotten better, he wasn’t a transfer, but he’s gotten better. Bull got better both defensively and at finishing (still not good enough).

The problem has always been recruiting. Recruit better athletes get better improvement.

Why are we buying into what an 18 yr old said….btw that 18 yr old wanted a shit ton of money 5 yrs later and he would have came here and not gotten better…..bs. The Iowa room has Cass, Aj, and kueter. I say bah hum bug to all this.Gable was wrong then and he’s certainly wrong now. I don’t think he even believes his own words.

Yo realize Nick Lee beat Jaydin 10-0 at Senior Nationals in 2019, right? Lee was ALWAYS going to be a nightmare matchup for Jaydin on his feet.

Iowa did the best they could to minimize that advantage, while maximizing Jaydin’s advantages. In the Finals, Lee was able to avoid choosing down in the 3rd, got the only takedown in regulation and got to OT tied 2-2. As expected, Lee got the td in OT to win and avoided being under Eierman for the entire match…..
Jaydin also handled him well to with the B1G championship. Who knows who would have won the next match.

Jaydin also handled him well to with the B1G championship. Who knows who would have won the next match.
That was still ONLY a 6-5 match where he was awfully close to another stall warning sending that match to OT. Make no mistake, Nick Lee was REALLY good and a very difficult, stylistic challenge for Jaydin.

Many, on the opposite side of this argument, like to cite Jaydin's 12-4 win in the wrestlebacks at 2018 NCAA's, but that is the one I would use the LEAST. Many odd things happen in wrestlebacks and that was Lee's TF season...

Who would be in your top five?
1. Sanderson (Don't kill me.)
2. Gable
3. Dake
4. Lee
5. B. Askren... I know he only won 2 titles, but he was in that match 4 times, and his scrambling absolutely changed folkstyle wrestling for the better. He was also one of the more dominant wrestlers in the NCAA. That's also a homer pick.

This is my list, but I think there are several other wrestlers that could take the 4/5 spots.

Reactions: Hawkgma
1. Sanderson (Don't kill me.)
2. Gable
3. Dake
4. Lee
5. B. Askren... I know he only won 2 titles, but he was in that match 4 times, and his scrambling absolutely changed folkstyle wrestling for the better. He was also one of the more dominant wrestlers in the NCAA. That's also a homer pick.

This is my list, but I think there are several other wrestlers that could take the 4/5 spots.
Cael
Dan
Gable
Dake
Lee
Askren/Bo/Nolf

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT