ADVERTISEMENT

Tea leaves say Teske to PSU

No matter how you twist it, turn it or rationalize it at the end of the day Cael Sanderson is the most dominant and successful by far head wrestling coach in the business today.

If it gives you some solace to either rejoice in the Gable success 2 decades removed from present day or to just demand there must be something funny going on at Penn State, I understand.

It's so nice to have had a legendary head coach to remember fondly.

11410738.jpg

Hell. You people are so freaking sensitive.
Point out a few facts that spit into your fantasy soup and straight to the Sandusky stone, or waaaa ignore him.

Reactions: D3wrestler
Point out a few facts that spit into your fantasy soup and straight to the Sandusky stone, or waaaa ignore him.

You are very sensitive to the fact that you think this board is sensitive. Or maybe you are just fussy and need a nap and/or diapers need changing.

Reactions: wasdt21

I do like how you go from patronizing to condescending from post to post. I am not sure what we would do without your guidance and leadership on how to behave on an Iowa message board. I am eternally grateful to you.

Reactions: wasdt21
Huh? What's the Freddy Stroker treatment?

Carver Night of Conflict, crowd booed his injury timeout and cheered for Kemerer. Later his dad complained on various message boards about Iowa fans. What did he expect? His son became a Goofer.

If it’s PSU. I hope it’s loss after loss and a lesson to others, if he ever hits the mat for them. I wouldn’t boo the kid, wish him injury. In the end it is a killer trade him for Spencer Lee.

Reactions: ih8iast8
If it’s PSU. I hope it’s loss after loss and a lesson to others, if he ever hits the mat for them. I wouldn’t boo the kid, wish him injury. In the end it is a killer trade him for Spencer Lee.
He will start his RSFR year because there is no way Teasdale or RBY will make 125. Will see if Carl recruits over him in 2019 class.

Carver Night of Conflict, crowd booed his injury timeout and cheered for Kemerer. Later his dad complained on various message boards about Iowa fans. What did he expect? His son became a Goofer.
You're making that sh!t up! There is absolutely no way that happened. It was stated here emphatically that Iowa fans would never ever give one of their own the Spencer Lee treatment which btw happens to be the same thing as the Freddy Stroker treatment.

We deserve an apology and Mr. Strokers dad should be flogged for making up such ridiculous claims.

Fake news. AGON.

You're making that sh!t up! There is absolutely no way that happened. It was stated here emphatically that Iowa fans would never ever give one of their own the Spencer Lee treatment which btw happens to be the same thing as the Freddy Stroker treatment.

We deserve an apology and Mr. Strokers dad should be flogged for making up such ridiculous claims.

If you really want complete to your f***, shouldn’t PA fans bow their head in shame (along with Mr Strokers apology) at how classy Iowa fans are?

Btw, Agon was brought up.

I’m laughing at the irony of who was at PA states and told me about Spencer getting razzed.

I know where he is going, he's going to "Never going to beat Spencer Lee U"
He might never see Spencer, because he won't make the starting line-up as a freshman and two years is a long time and boys that become men, do grow and if he does he is going to grow into Teasdale and to be candid, I don't think he beats Teasdale. Every time I see a picture of Teske or I see him in person, he looks very immature and young and when he matures he's going to grow. I hope I am wrong. I hear Teske is a great kid, but if he went to Iowa, they would work things out and he would be in the line-up and would have the best chance to win and to win in front of his home crowd and the home state. If he does pick PSU, I truly believe that this will turn out to be a huge mistake and one the family will regret. Again, no reason to debate that point here, it's just an opinion and one that won't be proven right or wrong for some time, but that's my prediction. I don't know how you walk away from the room with the best partners by far and that's not even debatable. Oh well, good luck!

Reactions: JohnBasedow
He might never see Spencer, because he won't make the starting line-up as a freshman and two years is a long time and boys that become men, do grow and if he does he is going to grow into Teasdale and to be candid, I don't think he beats Teasdale. Every time I see a picture of Teske or I see him in person, he looks very immature and young and when he matures he's going to grow. I hope I am wrong. I hear Teske is a great kid, but if he went to Iowa, they would work things out and he would be in the line-up and would have the best chance to win and to win in front of his home crowd and the home state. If he does pick PSU, I truly believe that this will turn out to be a huge mistake and one the family will regret. Again, no reason to debate that point here, it's just an opinion and one that won't be proven right or wrong for some time, but that's my prediction. I don't know how you walk away from the room with the best partners by far and that's not even debatable. Oh well, good luck!
The irony is going to be he's worried about being the same size as Lee and he's probably going to be the same size as Teasdale. Go to the best room with the best light weight coaches and it will work out. Iowa just won the last NCAA title at 133 and had the World silver medalist at 125... it would have been nice to see him in Carver, but good luck. I guess we will know soon.

I want to keep all the really good home grown kids, but that doesn't always work out. I wish the young lad well, wherever he goes, but I don't lose sleep over recruits one way or the other, homegrown or otherwise.

That said, you're either with us or against us, and if you're not in the Iowa room, you're against us. 9.9 scholarships on a 10 man squad gurantees this type of stuff. It happens and it will keep happening, except at that one school of course.....

Need to rename this place to the TurnCoat Report....bunch of grown ass men and women sitting behind a screename going to new levels of bashing and undermining of a high school kid?? Really that's the level of human decency we have now as a fan base? I wanted Brody to be a Hawkeye more than anyone in the country because I believed and still do believe it's the best place for him to progress his wrestling and achieve the very most in his career. However, it appears he and his family have decided another school is a better fit for him and although I don't like it I can respect it. Pretty sickening to watch the display of bs comments be thrown out towards a kid because the decision didn't fall in our favor if you want to continue the posts sign them with your real name not your screen name

-Adam Fellers

I absolutely agree that nobody should stoop to name call or personally attack the kid over a personal decision.

I just don't get the idea of turncoat.

Rivalry makes the sport great. Can't think of too many Hawk fans who didn't enjoy watching Alex Meyer blocking Palacio running off the mat at the National Duals.

We had SE Polk alum Willie Miklus taunt the Iowa crowd after beating Meyer and get booed.

You'd better believe Spencer is going to get the boo birds out when he steps on the mat in Happy Valley. I expect Brody will get it in return at Carver. That's part of the sport and I think it's more good than bad.

Need to rename this place to the TurnCoat Report....bunch of grown ass men and women sitting behind a screename going to new levels of bashing and undermining of a high school kid?? Really that's the level of human decency we have now as a fan base? I wanted Brody to be a Hawkeye more than anyone in the country because I believed and still do believe it's the best place for him to progress his wrestling and achieve the very most in his career. However, it appears he and his family have decided another school is a better fit for him and although I don't like it I can respect it. Pretty sickening to watch the display of bs comments be thrown out towards a kid because the decision didn't fall in our favor if you want to continue the posts sign them with your real name not your screen name

-Adam Fellers

I never said anything bad about him other than he will never beat Spencer. The only disappointing thing he is doing is not going to ISU where he could redefine a program.

To whine about an anonymous internet forum being an anonymous internet forum, when you knew you were posting on an anonymous internet forum, is frankly pretty stupid.

-Adam Fellers
I read back over some comments and unless they were removed I don’t know where this new level of bashing your are talking about is. I’m sure lots of the kids that go to F*# University are good and would have welcomed them here, but since he is Iowa grown, we have to cheer for him? If he goes there, I wish him no success period. Same as anyone else that goes there for me. Obviously that didn’t happen last year. I would like to know the full Suriano story and hope it isn’t one that happens to BT. Again I will not boo him or wish him injury. If he is successful I wouldn’t be surpised. Just not going to wish him well there. If that is Bashing a kid, I don’t know what to tell you other then you are being too sensitive on the subject because he is from your town.

Last edited:
He will start his RSFR year because there is no way Teasdale or RBY will make 125. Will see if Carl recruits over him in 2019 class.
I don't think Teske stays at 125. This is all guess work and no one truly knows, but how many guys really hold 125. Mueller was a lot like Teske. He was immature in his body characteristics and was talked about as a career 125 coming out of high school, but look at him now, he just made the jump to 133. Nathan Boston wrestled 113 and 120 as a senior and was another career 125 and now he has made the jump up weights. Matter of fact, most thought he would be too small for college. For every Nico there are 50 guys that pass through the weight and most said, "I'm a 5-year 125" when they were coming out of High School. Nico was very mature as a high school senior. Teske does not appear to be. Time will tell. I also know that Teasdale thinks he is going to be a multi-year 125 and that's a fact. I don't believe it, but that is what he thinks, so someone is going to be wrong or will sit for longer than anticipated or be treated like Jimmy Gulibon and be forced up a weight and watch his career slide backwards. Jimmy was a high all-american, majored Clark in High School and then was forced up a weight in College after his most successful year and we all saw that he was too small and look what happened to his career. The team won, but he slid backwards. His college career never turned out to be what others thought it would or could have been...

Reactions: JohnBasedow
I had the wrong venue/event but the rest is accurate as stated.

Not really. I don't think most people considered him an Iowa kid since he didn't move here until late in his HS career. In addition, his dad was pretty vocal on message boards about his son long before he ever reached a college decision. Was very "roughrider/father meeks" like. I think more people were turned off by his dad than freddy himself, so the kid made a good villain when facing off against the beloved incoming recruit Kemmerer.

I read back over some comments and unless they were removed I don’t know where this new level of bashing your are talking about is. I’m sure lots of the kids that go to F*# University a good and would have welcomed them here, but since he is Iowa grown we have to cheer for him? If he goes there I wish him no success period. Same as anyone else that goes there for me. Obviously that didn’t happen last year. I would like to know the full Suriano story and hope it isn’t one that happens to BT. Again I will not boo him or wish him injury. If he is successful I wouldn’t be surpised. Just not going to wish him well there. If that is Bashing a kid, I don’t know what to tell you other then you are being too sensitive on the subject because he is from your town.

You hit the nail on the head. I read back and also see no vitriolic posts. This looks like a Fort Dodger being overly sensitive about his own. I suppose we can compromise with him. I hope Teske wins his 4th state title but once he's a Lion, I'll root for every opponent he faces just as I would against anyone else in that lineup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT