ADVERTISEMENT

"That’s the best-looking linebacker I’ve ever seen. This guy’s (Jack Campbell) unreal.”

You beat me to it. Lambert also played in Black and Gold for the NFL champs Pittsburgh Stealers. He was 6-4/5 around 240/245. Campbell 6-4/5 around 245. Lambert ran 4.7 40. Don't know Jacks 40, but he looks plenty fast. Nice comp. 😎❤️
Lambert's playing weight was closer to 220. Go back and look at the footage and he was downright skinny compared to modern MLB's. IIRC, Mike Webster, their center, only weighed about 265. Different era.

Friend of mine who just retired as the head coach at Ames after many years said Campbell is the best high school player he’s ever coached against.
I saw him play a couple of times against the #1 IC West team (lost to dowling in the championship sadly) in '17, and the guy was the best player on the field on either side of the ball on either team.

This will sound strange to say, but you could tell the kind of athlete we were getting just watching JC play basketball. Physically, he was just on a different plane...big bodies just bouncing off him, like Tecmo bowl. An absolute freak.

Did anyone else hold their breath when he made the tackle which looked like he had whiplash? He is really tough.

Heard Lambert interviewed on SIRIUS NFL a few years ago. He said he came in as a rookie around 210 and finished the year around 190. He joked that his weight was never truthfully listed on the Steelers roster. Also said his mid season most years was around 200 and he got bigger the last couple of seasons, up to around 215 and he blamed that on old age.

Shocking how much bigger the players have become since my childhood.
some of the Hayden great o-lines averaged 180-90s and was considered almost NFL size. Back then, Iowa and MSu were putting big lines on the field

I think Benson had 11 tackles. He is a tackling machine. Jacobs was told cover #85 and he did a pretty good job. Campbell did the rest. Phil knows he needs Belton and Jacobs both on the field.

yep. they combined for 29 tackles; 18 for Jack, 11 for Benson.

Check this out & Watch:

I think Campbell is better...
As of today, I think your spot on. At worst a coin toss.
IF JC can produce as long as CG, he will end up as high or higher on the all greatness list. Both are athletic across the board with high football IQs. The thing about CG is he played at a very high level for many years. He tore ACLs right at the beginning of both his college a pro careers but besides that stayed mostly injury free throughout his career.
He perfected the gator roll tackling technique and percentage wise a very effective way to tackle but also has a low impact velocity.
I love the way JC f’n crushes people but a human body can only take so much punishment.
As a fan, it sucks so many underclassmen from Iowa jump to the nfl but it is also proof as to how good the coaches are at identifying and developing talent. I think as of today, JC is no lower than 2nd round talent at the next draft. With his height, frame and athleticism he’ll crush it at the combine.
If he can stay healthy, mature physically and maintain speed, I see Urlacher potential.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Remember when Iowa lost 2 games at the beginning of the year last year? Guess who didn’t play in either game because he had mono. If he was healthy he might’ve been the difference in those close losses.
Also, if he would have played instead of Doyle against Wisconsin 2019.

Reactions: BigOHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT