ADVERTISEMENT

"That’s the best-looking linebacker I’ve ever seen. This guy’s (Jack Campbell) unreal.”

782578789c60ff95c9f9db701dfac609.gif

He reminds me of Jack Lambert, but with all of his teeth. He just always seems to end up at the ball.
You beat me to it. Lambert also played in Black and Gold for the NFL champs Pittsburgh Stealers. He was 6-4/5 around 240/245. Campbell 6-4/5 around 245. Lambert ran 4.7 40. Don't know Jacks 40, but he looks plenty fast. Nice comp. 😎❤️

I hate the Packers but it looks like Campbell has a little Ray Nitschke football DNA and that's a good thing.

OIP.jN9Fg5uOzQjqjZVJ9j99IAHaHa

...and as big as Nitschke was for a LB back in the 60s (6ft3, 235) Campbell is even bigger at 6ft5, 243 and much faster also.

Last edited:
Not to quibble, but Lambert was barely 220. Different era.
Heard Lambert interviewed on SIRIUS NFL a few years ago. He said he came in as a rookie around 210 and finished the year around 190. He joked that his weight was never truthfully listed on the Steelers roster. Also said his mid season most years was around 200 and he got bigger the last couple of seasons, up to around 215 and he blamed that on old age.

Shocking how much bigger the players have become since my childhood.

Reactions: EasyEdHorton
You beat me to it. Lambert also played in Black and Gold for the NFL champs Pittsburgh Stealers. He was 6-4/5 around 240/245. Campbell 6-4/5 around 245. Lambert ran 4.7 40. Don't know Jacks 40, but he looks plenty fast. Nice comp. 😎❤️
Mr. Lambert was like 215 to 220.

I thought he’d be good, but the interception against Wisconsin, damn.

For his size, to recognize the play action, turn and recover to make the pick. Excited to see a full season of those highlights.

Jack Lambert was only around 220 lbs when he played…

Great stuff! Gotta stay healthy and keep the Olines off of him. He will be a target.

I was listening to Dochtermann & Howe's recent podcast yesterday and one of them picked Campbell as their B10 Defensive Player of the Year for the upcoming season. Kind of surprising, but wouldn't that be nice?

Reactions: Simbahawk4
Gonna toot my own horn. Wrote in Phil Steele thread, on June 22nd, that Jack was gonna be best LB of Ferentz era.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT