ADVERTISEMENT

The Future Of: Iowa Hawkeyes

Absolutely Cael could have convinced Jesuroga. Something on the lines of, “Seals will be there, the training you get here will better prep you for it. Let’s take a year off, do some light training reset and come back rested.”
Morgan McIntosh didn’t join the army until after graduating
Ben “could” make millions in the nfl if he get into the nfl. You can’t win a gold medal in football tho.
that's a good point about the Seals....I don't think you will ever convince a highly rated football recruit to give it up for wrestling without giving football a real shot. I am not sure Tom would even consider that, but maybe he would

Reactions: Sandor45
that's a good point about the Seals....I don't think you will ever convince a highly rated football recruit to give it up for wrestling without giving football a real shot. I am not sure Tom would even consider that, but maybe he woul

Ben could make a lot of money in wrestling also. Maybe not as high as the NFL, but I could see him pulling in over 7 figures in college setting himself up in life fairly well.

Reactions: el dub
Maybe be more clear. I still don't know what you're saying.

I'm saying BK isn't going to be a millionaire in the NFL. He'd make more money in wrestling if he maximizes his potential. What are you attempting to say but not very well?
I believe Kueter is viewed as a potential NFL caliber prospect depending on the trajectory of his development in college. It's certainly not a sure thing considering he hasn't even won a starting job at Iowa yet, but he has several years to work that out.

Absolutely Cael could have convinced Jesuroga. Something on the lines of, “Seals will be there, the training you get here will better prep you for it. Let’s take a year off, do some light training reset and come back rested.”
Morgan McIntosh didn’t join the army until after graduating
Ben “could” make millions in the nfl if he get into the nfl. You can’t win a gold medal in football tho.
More like "We understand you're are overtrained and burned out at Sebolt. We don't operate like that. Come see that you can have fun and wrestle, too".

Reactions: Sandor45
Even if Kueter decides to commit 100% to football and leave wrestling behind that would be a positive for y’all imo. The half in half out stuff deters recruits away who may be worried their spot would be taken by Kueter. And if they’re staying away + Kueter isn’t wrestling you’re left in a bad spot.

- similar to Gable Steveson not making a decision until far too late in the process two years in a row, keeping the gophers from getting a legitimate HWT transfer in. We only got Hopke because by the time he comes off redshirt Gable will be out of eligibility regardless.

The average NFL career is 3.3 years and average salary is $2,800,00 per year, so lets say BK's football earning potential is 9,250,000. Not bad at all. IF he were to drop football and focus on wrestling full time, I would expect him to wrestle to his potential which is a world champion level. If he won a couple of worlds and earned an OLY medal, his earning potential is greater than $9.25M between competing and coaching in my opinion. If he loves wrestling more and cares about his long term health this should be a consideration.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
What the **** are you babbling about. I said it would be dumb for the coach to make him choose so why would it piss me off?? I feel like maybe you're real dumb??? Is that it?? He is playing football because he loves it and he believes he has a future.
You seem overly triggered over the happenings of a part time wrestler. Nobody needs to die over this disagreement so I'll leave it at that.

You seem overly triggered over the happenings of a part time wrestler. Nobody needs to die over this disagreement so I'll leave it at that.
you’ll leave it because you’re wrong… I am too worked up though.
The average NFL career is 3.3 years and average salary is $2,800,00 per year, so let’s say BK's football earning potential is 9,250,000. Not bad at all. IF he were to drop football and focus on wrestling full time, I would expect him to wrestle to his potential which is a world champion level. If he won a couple of worlds and earned an OLY medal, his earning potential is greater than $9.25M between competing and coaching in my opinion. If he loves wrestling more and cares about his long term health this should be a consideration.
lmao.. so if we pretend he has an average Football career, but a world class wrestling career the money makes sense…. You guys win! Let Ben know what you have decided!

The average NFL career is 3.3 years and average salary is $2,800,00 per year, so lets say BK's football earning potential is 9,250,000. Not bad at all. IF he were to drop football and focus on wrestling full time, I would expect him to wrestle to his potential which is a world champion level. If he won a couple of worlds and earned an OLY medal, his earning potential is greater than $9.25M between competing and coaching in my opinion. If he loves wrestling more and cares about his long term health this should be a consideration.
You are talking about 3 years versus a lifetime, so there is that to consider.

On a side note, I do not think I would want my kid playing in the NFL (if he were remotely capable) As I age, the realization of how important it is to be able to move without pain and have good health sets in. People can live a pretty good life without making the kind of money NFL players make.

Hawks in 2nd w/ 90pts and 6 AAs.

although a lot of the lineup still has questions.

Even if Kueter decides to commit 100% to football and leave wrestling behind that would be a positive for y’all imo. The half in half out stuff deters recruits away who may be worried their spot would be taken by Kueter. And if they’re staying away + Kueter isn’t wrestling you’re left in a bad spot.

- similar to Gable Steveson not making a decision until far too late in the process two years in a row, keeping the gophers from getting a legitimate HWT transfer in. We only got Hopke because by the time he comes off redshirt Gable will be out of eligibility regardless.
That’s my fear. We are all in on a guy who’s not all in on wrestling.
But the portal a decent safety net

Some Hawk fans on this site just got super hard over the thought of second place!!!
Step Brothers Dale GIF by reactionseditor

Just kidding, I don’t really wanna win.

Typically in D1 athletics, you have it figured out if you can hang or not by your first year. If BK thinks he can play football at a high level then he should commit to it.
I don’t think his football is suffering, they get him full time since they are supplying the scholarship. It wrestling that’s getting the left overs. But considering the financial incentives to get better in football, that makes sense. Problem is, it prevents us from pursuing any top heavyweights, because in theory we have a young one already on the team. Next year will tell us a lot about his potential, being a very pastime wrestler.

Kueter is way more of project in football than is recognized and I think its because he is an all world talent in wrestling.

He's not a Daviyon Nix, Noah Can't, AJ Espensa, Tristian Wirfs, Tyler Linderbaum, Xavier Nwankpa how do we get him on the field out of HS prospect.

He's not even a Desmond King, Josey Jewell, Hockenson, Lukas Van Ness Jack Campbell, Cooper DeJean you are hearing a buzz after first year in the program guy at this point.

Kueter is way more of project in football than is recognized and I think its because he is an all world talent in wrestling.

He's not a Daviyon Nix, Noah Can't, AJ Espensa, Tristian Wirfs, Tyler Linderbaum, Xavier Nwankpa how do we get him on the field out of HS prospect.

He's not even a Desmond King, Josey Jewell, Hockenson, Lukas Van Ness Jack Campbell, Cooper DeJean you are hearing a buzz after first year in the program guy at this point.
I’m trying to be less dramatic but this is
f-ing stupid I want to set myself on fire!!

I believe Kueter is viewed as a potential NFL caliber prospect depending on the trajectory of his development in college. It's certainly not a sure thing considering he hasn't even won a starting job at Iowa yet, but he has several years to work that out.
I think not securing a sure bet at heavy is a mistake. Football is a tough sport when it comes to injuries. And BK would be starting every season off late. Seems like a long shot.

He is absolutely that kind of talent. The studs in front of him are making it extremely difficult to be a starter at this point...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT