ADVERTISEMENT

TJ Bollers to Wisconsin

That'll happen, because there's no way this kid is fast enough to play linebacker. He has never dominated in high school ball.

And what a drama queen... announces on Wednesday that's he's committing on Thursday?:rolleyes:

Ummm...that's not even remotely accurate.

Lot of competition at OLB with Badgers .
4 stars ,Kaden Johnson, Nick Herbig and (my favorite )Aaron Witt , (though they could fatten Witt up And play him at WSDE ) Preston Zachman , the 6’2 , 210 lb HS QB who ran in the 4.5’s is another possibility and this year verbals, Darryl Peterson , Ayo Adebogun ( emerging under the radar talent) and now Bollers.
Lot’s of big time talent there for Bollers to negotiate his way through, not to mention 4 star Spencer Lyttle who RS’ed the year before and is a Frosh this season too.
Badger must love him and visa versa.

Last edited:
Good luck to the kid. I understand wanting to play OLB in the 3-4. I also think Joe Evans would be really good in a 3-4, which is why our pass rush look last year was much like a 3-4, and probably will be this year also.

Don't elite D-1 players usually make 1st team All State DM Register teams? He played against relatively weak competition and never stood out.

But I can understand you're proud, Mr. Bollers.;)

Reactions: obfuscating
I guess the storm was not brewin'.
CMC struck out this season in Iowa. But in regards to Bollers... Clone fans are celebrating he didn't go to Iowa or Nebby.

Bollers was nice tho... he stated ISU was the runnerup.:rolleyes: Second place is first loser. Maybe it's not even about football? That engineering degree from ISU only allows you to hold that Stop/Slow sign in construction zones.:p

I know because his mom. Iowa broke off contact without any explanation. He wasn't a good fit. Also from watching CCA play he doesn't dominate like I always expected. Super explosive at times but gets gassed out real quick.
I'm no Rival's scout. But I have watched him play multiple sports in high school and doesn't dominate in anything from the times I've watched him. In basketball... I saw him get blocked by the rim and fall to the fall on a run out dunk attempt. In baseball, my grandson struck him out, more than once and as a catcher... guys stole on him rather easily because he doesn't have a strong arm. In football... he plays 3A ... not exactly elite football.

He may contribute in Madison by the time he's a junior/senior.

I know because his mom. Iowa broke off contact without any explanation. He wasn't a good fit. Also from watching CCA play he doesn't dominate like I always expected. Super explosive at times but gets gassed out real quick.
Well then this is all the more reason that Iowa should win the national championship, and that Wisconsin should help us do it.

I’ve never seen Bollers play, but he has 10 career sacks in three seasons against pretty poor competition. I am sure the other teams are game planning against him, but you would still expect to see better production out of a 4* kid playing against small Iowa 3A schools.

Reactions: obfuscating
I never saw him play but am going to assume that every coach in every level of college football knows more than I do about talent evaluation, especially coaches of blue blood programs he was getting offers from.

He laid out his decision and it sounds like he was well informed and Wisconsin felt right. I hope he goes 0-4 against Iowa, but otherwise wish him well in life.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
Don't elite D-1 players usually make 1st team All State DM Register teams? He played against relatively weak competition and never stood out.

But I can understand you're proud, Mr. Bollers.;)

As noted by others as such a high nationally recruited player you’d expect better stats. Such as Iowa’s 1st commit for 22’ in Graves. He plays one class down and has dominated. I know bollers really impressed at the camps in shorts and tshirts against top guys. Besides French reminds me of the kid from waverly shell rock who went to Nebraska year before and couldn’t even make 1st team all state. But impressed at all the summer camps.

As noted by others as such a high nationally recruited player you’d expect better stats. Such as Iowa’s 1st commit for 22’ in Graves. He plays one class down and has dominated. I know bollers really impressed at the camps in shorts and tshirts against top guys. Besides French reminds me of the kid from waverly shell rock who went to Nebraska year before and couldn’t even make 1st team all state. But impressed at all the summer camps.

Mosai Newsom?

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
For someone that remembers... Wasn't it young Bollers that tweeted something last winter that he wondered why Iowa coaches didn't come to one of his basketball games?

You can likely see why Hawkeye coaches backed off someone that selfish and self consumed.

I suspect Graves, the 2022 stud, will make Iowa fans say... "Bollers who"?

For someone that remembers... Wasn't it young Bollers that tweeted something last winter that he wondered why Iowa coaches didn't come to one of his basketball games?

You can likely see why Hawkeye coaches backed off someone that selfish and self consumed.

I suspect Graves, the 2022 stud, will make Iowa fans say... "Bollers who"?

Brian and Phil were in attendance for his homecoming game last fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT