ADVERTISEMENT

Two 2024 RBs in Two Days: Brevin Doll Commits

State champ in the 200 as well......
I ran the 220 my sophomore year of high school and at the conference meet at the end of the year, they had several heats and I won my heat, however, they went by times so I did not qualify for the finals. That sucked, I was all stoked that I had won, but then realized that I was in the boys who apparently sucked heat race. LOL I think at that time we were still calling it the 220 as it was one of the last years we still used yards instead of meters. I am not sure when they changed, but that would have been 1979/1980. I graduated in 1982 and I did not run track my junior and senior year

Last edited:
Reactions: cmhawks99
With these two commits, I assume that Cram is the odd man out.
The question is whether the staff closes down their recruitment of Cram or not.

There's a lot of time between now and December. You never know what sort of roster-movement you're going to have. I've seen many a spring when the team seemed flush at a position, only for them to have to do a late recruiting spree in the following late-fall.

Maybe Cram IS the odd man out. Of course, maybe he's not out as much as he just wasn't sold so strongly on Iowa. If he doesn't want to be a Hawk as much as other guys - you accept the commitments of the other guys. As the saying goes, a guy needs to shit or get off the pot.

Given that BOTH Cram and Doll are flexible athletes ... both preferring RB (apparently) ... it's possible that the Hawks continue recruitment of Cram. The sentiment being that even if both guys have RB as their initial position-home ... someone shifts over ultimately if they cannot separate from the rest. We saw that with Deavin Hilson ... a guy the Hawks even really liked at RB ... but they also liked him at other positions too.

I'd like to see both these guys running through the holes created by Fox and Brix.
The staff is putting together a nice group of linemen in the 24 class with Fox a 4 star and if they can get Brix also that would be great but I think he wants to take in all the recruiting hoopla while Fox committed seems like over a year ago.

Have to think we would still take Cram if he wanted to come here. I know we had 2 slots and 2 slots only for RBs, but Cram seems like a player we'd make room for if we had to.

Other offers is not always a great indicator of talent, but those are some pretty solid (not great) offers. Purdue sees something, Kansas State up and coming. Okie State, Minny, ISU.

I went out to watch the derecho or whatever the "wind event" is called. Had to go down about 100-150 feet to an intersection where I could have an open view. I stayed until part of a picnic table came flying by me. Beat my fat old ass back to the house, in what felt like Olympic speed. The wife did say she didn't know I could still run until she saw me sprinting through the yard.

Natural conditions, I don't even like walking to the kitchen so I have a microwave, refrigerator and tea set in my bedroom--kind of like a dorm.

I went out to watch the derecho or whatever the "wind event" is called. Had to go down about 100-150 feet to an intersection where I could have an open view. I stayed until part of a picnic table came flying by me. Beat my fat old ass back to the house, in what felt like Olympic speed. The wife did say she didn't know I could still run until she saw me sprinting through the yard.

Natural conditions, I don't even like walking to the kitchen so I have a microwave, refrigerator and tea set in my bedroom--kind of like a dorm.
well the sprint was wind aided, correct? That and adrenaline.

I am getting forgetful. Had my IT guy today in the office. A Cyclown but otherwise a good guy. He thinks that the video of Doll's highlights is slower than most videos, which he said were almost always a poor gauge of field speed in most HS player videos. Insufficient something and shot from the top of the stands was my takeaway.

Reactions: Bishop1971

Someone HAD to have the surveillance cams going. Get those warrants moving and let's get that time lapse info. I'm betting you cracked out a very respectable 40 time!

Reactions: nu2u
Someone HAD to have the surveillance cams going. Get those warrants moving and let's get that time lapse info. I'm betting you cracked out a very respectable 40 time!
I've had a case in which someone in law enforcement, and we never knew who ordered it, where the surveillance video, also kind of a low grade recording, was accelerated to make a vehicle appear traveling much faster than it really was. It was a bad case of framing the guilty. We measured the distance travelled and the guy would have to exceeded 200 mph to cover the linear feet.

As for my sprint from the storm, I can only say I don't know how fast a fat then 61 year old can run, but that is how fast I was running.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Bishop1971
The staff is putting together a nice group of linemen in the 24 class with Fox a 4 star and if they can get Brix also that would be great but I think he wants to take in all the recruiting hoopla while Fox committed seems like over a year ago.
I haven’t heard or seen any info on Brix. Do you know where we stand on that? Having all of the top recruits from Iowa for ‘24 would be insane

I am getting forgetful. Had my IT guy today in the office. A Cyclown but otherwise a good guy. He thinks that the video of Doll's highlights is slower than most videos, which he said were almost always a poor gauge of field speed in most HS player videos. Insufficient something and shot from the top of the stands was my takeaway.
Doll looks like a long strider in the video. The way he runs reminds me of Andy Brodell, who also had that loping stride. Brodell certainly was fast enough. Just watch highlights of him running away from Texas dbs in the 2006 Alamo Bowl.

I've had a case in which someone in law enforcement, and we never knew who ordered it, where the surveillance video, also kind of a low grade recording, was accelerated to make a vehicle appear traveling much faster than it really was. It was a bad case of framing the guilty. We measured the distance travelled and the guy would have to exceeded 200 mph to cover the linear feet.

As for my sprint from the storm, I can only say I don't know how fast a fat then 61 year old can run, but that is how fast I was running.
I hit 60 last July. I don't think I have--cumulative--run 60 yards since that date!

OTOH, I work as a paddleboard and kayak tour guide, paddle 5 to 6 days a week, and hoist the boards, kayaks and all the equipment around, so I can say I ain't getting in "worse" shape. I'll also say this: at our age, stretching and flexibility is uber-important.

I hit 60 last July. I don't think I have--cumulative--run 60 yards since that date!

OTOH, I work as a paddleboard and kayak tour guide, paddle 5 to 6 days a week, and hoist the boards, kayaks and all the equipment around, so I can say I ain't getting in "worse" shape. I'll also say this: at our age, stretching and flexibility is uber-important.
Well, that's an active lifestyle. Unfortunately, I mostly just sit at a keyboard. I would settle for losing about 35 pounds. Might do my own yard work this year. That just has burn a lot of calories no matter how much I hate doing it.

Watched his highlights.

Looks like another Samson Evans that just isn’t fast or quick enough for a college running back.

Did the staff recruit him for offense or defense?

Here’s the deal I am with you if you find yourself thinking, Brevin Doll is going to end up elsewhere in the lineup, and I have not watched his films, but from what I have gathered over the last 6 to 8 months this kid comes from an incredible lineage of fast parents and I doubt for a second he isn’t fast enough for any position. Wether we. recruited him to play running back or D back, and oh by the way our D backs are typically faster than our running backs!

During Doll's junior season, he ran the ball 179 times for 1,475 yards and 27 touchdowns while also hauling in 33 receptions for 640 yards and six scores. He recorded punt and kick return touchdowns as well.

Seems like it.
Cooper DeJean, but stays on offense? You guy’s are desperate to get DeJean on offense?

Most college (and pro) RBs are not as fast as you’d think, many run in the 4.6-4.7 range. Quickness over 5-10 yards is much more important. His video looks plenty quick to me, very nice burst when he needs it and good balance.

Stop….😊

Iowa had two running back scholarships open in the 2024 class. After that, they were going to use the remaining scholarships elsewhere. That's what I've heard and been told.

That's what I know. I may very well be proven wrong down the road.

It appears to me these kids both have multi-positional flexibility, and that does not at all mean they won’t give them a shot at running back!

But let’s be honest here. Iowa has an amazing track record of putting a kid where he needs to be, even kids like AJ derby that transferred out still ultimately ended up in the NFL “@ tight end” at a different position!

I ran the 220 my sophomore year of high school and at the conference meet at the end of the year, they had several heats and I won my heat, however, they went by times so I did not qualify for the finals. That sucked, I was all stoked that I had won, but then realized that I was in the boys who apparently sucked heat race. LOL I think at that time we were still calling it the 220 as it was one of the last years we still used yards instead of meters. I am not sure when they changed, but that would have been 1979/1980. I graduated in 1982 and I did not run track my junior and senior year

Thanks for sharing, this honestly is one of the things that keeps me involved on this board. That’s cool stuff brother!!

You sir, are one incredible cat! Now as for me. I have to force myself to do some exercise because in all honesty I’m not a big flappy fat ass but I’m still over 6 foot and a very broad 290 so I do go out of my way to walk places anymore. My wife would have a ****ing heart attack if I moved a fridge, microwave & coffee/tea maker into our bedroom… Now that I think about it, our microwave burnt out about five years ago and we never even replaced it…we use a toaster oven!!

You sir, are one incredible cat! Now as for me. I have to force myself to do some exercise because in all honesty I’m not a big flappy fat ass but I’m still over 6 foot and a very broad 290 so I do go out of my way to walk places anymore. My wife would have a ****ing heart attack if I moved a fridge, microwave & coffee/tea maker into our bedroom… Now that I think about it, our microwave burnt out about five years ago and we never even replaced it…we use a toaster oven!!
Rookie…. Air fryer is the answer lol

This could be a real Daniels/Wadley pair, without the drama and character issues. Resar looks like the very real deal. The skill players in 23 do look good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT