ADVERTISEMENT

Two 2024 RBs in Two Days: Brevin Doll Commits

Most college (and pro) RBs are not as fast as you’d think, many run in the 4.6-4.7 range. Quickness over 5-10 yards is much more important. His video looks plenty quick to me, very nice burst when he needs it and good balance.

Most assuredly true and an extreme unknown to most fans. One nice thing about the Brian Ferentz/KF fiasco is we don’t have near as many fans of late constantly complaining our Rbers aren’t fast enough. That used to be a huge, even constant talking point.

Many of our fans have consistently underestimated our speed for years. I still laugh at the Riley McCarron scenario. “Those” fans (typically the same as now) couldn’t figure out why he was playing until he ran a 4.34 postseason and suddenly they couldn’t figure out why he didn’t play more….😂😂

Can’t make this stuff up….

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Future Hawkeye RB Brevin Doll (of Adel) anchored ADM to a win in the 4x100, setting a new Drake Relays HS record. Note that they had just eaten Panda Express, jumped out of a truck after a 3 hour rain delay, grabbed their spikes & broke the Drake Relays record. ADM High School's address, btw, is 801 Nile Kinnick Drive South, Adel, IA 50003.

See the tweet below to watch the video of their win. As you can see, the kid can fly.

GMNjdtiXIAEfupa

GMNjdtnWYAABTz7

Last edited:
Future Hawkeye RB Brevin Doll (of Adel) anchored ADM to a win in the 4x100, setting a new Drake Relays HS record. Note that they had just eaten Panda Express, jumped out of a truck after a 3 hour rain delay, grabbed their spikes & broke the Drake Relays record. ADM High School's address, btw, is 801 Nile Kinnick Drive South, Adel, IA 50003.

See the tweet below to watch the video of their win. As you can see, the kid can fly.

GMNjdtiXIAEfupa

GMNjdtnWYAABTz7

Sprinting after consuming Panda Express?!?!??!? Damn. That should be an NFL combine event.

Should be an NIL deal with Panda Express now.

Summary of how Brevin did at the Drake Relays:

100-Meter Dash​

Brevin qualified for the final with a time of 11.13 and seeded 8th. He ultimately out-did his seed time and place, finishing 3rd in a time of 10.76, just hundredths of a second off his lifetime personal best of 10.74.

4x100​

Doll and ADM set the track on fire in the 4x100 final on Saturday, setting the Drake Relays record and winning in a time of 41.38. 2025 three-star ATH Mason Woods and the quartet from Iowa City West weren't far behind, placing third with a time of 41.86.

4x200​

The first title of the weekend for Brevin and ADM came on Friday in the 4x200 meter relay, with a blistering time of 1:27.34. Large school Ankeny Centennial came in at 3rd at 1:27.60.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
I'm too lazy to look it up, but if they're faster than the City High teams with Timmy D, then there's a bunch of dudes who can fly. Two guys sub 10.8 in the open 100 is just not kind to others.

It doesn't work that fast does it? I figured all could make it home before it kicked in.

I grab some from there about once every 6 months or so.
Agreed - much like Taco Bell, I think there is a ‘curing’ period, so we’d be safe….😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT