ADVERTISEMENT

Update on OC (new thread)

bumper52

HR All-State
Nov 25, 2019
Decided to start a new thread regarding the search for an OC. Below is a list of all names mentioned in the now 35 page thread. I definitely just spent two hours of my life I can’t get back. Here is the list (not in any particular order):
Chryst
Philbin
Grubb
All the Ferentz family (including Mary and Kelly)
Kyle Shanihan’s dog
Frost
Ludwig
Davis
O’ Keefe
Budmayr
O’ Brien
Saban
DJK
Belechick
Roehl
Woods
Marion
Campbell
Addazio
Patricia
Hedberg
Moorhead
Canada
Lujan
Rees
Raggiero
Carmichael
Getsy
Any Australia coach
Johns

I’m sure I missed some names. I have a couple questions:
1. Who is NOT on the list
2. What are the odds that somebody in question #1 will be the next OC

Do I need to get a life or what?

Oh, almost forgot. Now that I’ve totally wasted my time (and yours) there is a high probability the OC will be named tomorrow…lol

Decided to start a new thread regarding the search for an OC. Below is a list of all names mentioned in the now 35 page thread. I definitely just spent two hours of my life I can’t get back. Here is the list (not in any particular order):
Chryst
Philbin
Grubb
Kyle Shanihan’s dog
Frost
Ludwig
Davis
O’ Keefe
Budmayr
O’ Brien
Saban
DJK
Belechick
Roehl
Woods
Marion
Campbell
Addazio
Patricia
Hedberg
Moorhead
Canada
Lujan
Rees
Raggiero
Carmichael
Getsy
Any Australia coach
Johns

Oh, almost forgot. Now that I’ve totally wasted my time (and yours) there is a high probability the OC will be named tomorrow…lol
Could have saved you a lot of time with that list.

I like the list idea. You should edit it and show the crossed off names as they definitively are eliminated (the real ones at least... But i guess anyone is possible at this point), as well as add other rumors that float to the top.

Reactions: scotthawk1964
Star Trek GIF

Chryst
Philbin
Grubb
Kyle Shanihan’s dog
Frost
Ludwig
Davis
O’ Keefe
Budmayr
O’ Brien
Saban
DJK
Belechick
Roehl
Woods
Marion
Campbell
Addazio
Patricia
Hedberg
Moorhead
Canada
Lujan
Rees
Raggiero
Carmichael
Getsy
Any Australia coach
Johns

Oh, almost forgot. Now that I’ve totally wasted my time (and yours

this is the correct answer….

Seth Wallace played and coached at Coe College in Cedar Rapids and is now the assistant head coach for the Hawks. Go find a successful OC with about 20 years experience from the same or similar conference, pay him a cool mil and let him do his thing with bigger, stronger, faster Big 10 players. It isn’t that daunting, Kirk.

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkeye_power
I'll just wait for the thread that's about the new OC,.. after we have a confirmed name.

Chryst
Philbin
Grubb
Kyle Shanihan’s dog
Frost
Ludwig
Davis
O’ Keefe
Budmayr
O’ Brien
Saban
DJK
Belechick
Roehl
Woods
Marion
Campbell
Addazio
Patricia
Hedberg
Moorhead
Canada
Lujan
Rees
Raggiero
Carmichael
Getsy
Any Australia coach
Johns

Missed one.
Thought Marvin McNutt was mentioned in the other thread.

Chryst
Philbin
Grubb
Kyle Shanihan’s dog
Frost
Ludwig
Davis
O’ Keefe
Budmayr
O’ Brien
Saban
DJK
Belechick
Roehl
Woods
Marion
Campbell
Addazio
Patricia
Hedberg
Moorhead
Canada
Lujan
Rees
Raggiero
Carmichael
Getsy
Any Australia coach
Johns

Is it really possible for Brian to be back as OC?
Is that why Kirk hasn’t hired anyone? Maybe it was part of a deal that if Brian couldnt find a new job, he could have his old one back.

• Love
Reactions: Lindemann
Did you forget Caitlin Clark? She actually might not be too bad , she knows how to win , she knows how to make clutch plays when necessary ....I don't know if she could explain it to people but I'll bet she could.

Reactions: jockos
Chryst
Philbin
Grubb
Kyle Shanihan’s dog
Frost
Ludwig
Davis
O’ Keefe
Budmayr
O’ Brien
Saban
DJK
Belechick
Roehl
Woods
Marion
Campbell
Addazio
Patricia
Hedberg
Moorhead
Canada
Lujan
Rees
Raggiero
Carmichael
Getsy
Any Australia coach
Johns

Is this a BOAF?

The new hire probably isn't on this list, just as no one could have guessed Greg Davis before he was hired.
I said back when this started that I would make a bet with anyone, where they could pick the 20 most likely OC hires for Iowa, and I would take the field.

I think I could win money with that bet.

Seth Anderson played and coached at Coe College in Cedar Rapids and is now the assistant head coach for the Hawks. Go find a successful OC with about 20 years experience from the same or similar conference, pay him a cool mil and let him do his thing with bigger, stronger, faster Big 10 players. It isn’t that daunting, Kirk.
Seth Wallace

I brought the list down to the remaining targets on KF's list:

Kyle Shanihan’s dog
Budmayr

Reactions: dadster
Tommy Rees is looking. I mean it sounds crazy but would be close-ish to the offense iowa runs… is that a ridiculous thought?
Tommy Rees gets a 3-year contract from Alabama (thru 2025) at $1.9 million (2023), $2 million (2024) and $2.1 million (2025).

Reactions: squeezebox
Tommy Rees gets a 3-year contract from Alabama (thru 2025) at $1.9 million (2023), $2 million (2024) and $2.1 million (2025).
So does that go away if he takes another job? Or is he allowed to keep it and take another job since his coach left?

Chryst
Philbin
Grubb
Kyle Shanihan’s dog
Frost
Ludwig
Davis
O’ Keefe
Budmayr
O’ Brien
Saban
DJK
Belechick
Roehl
Woods
Marion
Campbell
Addazio
Patricia
Hedberg
Moorhead
Canada
Lujan
Rees
Raggiero
Carmichael
Getsy
Any Australia coach
Johns

You forgot your mom, I hear she is willing to score with anybody.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT