ADVERTISEMENT

Update on OC (new thread)

Howe is a wok dipshit that has no business commenting on sports. Nobody near the football operations would give him any insight. His thoughts have zero sources outside of his basement. Also, I want somebody that can catch a ball talking to me about sports. Throw him a ball and watch him try to catch it. It's comical.
What's a wok dipshit? Are you making fun of Chinese people now?

He was the idiot who f'in made those bs racial allegations a mountain out of a mole hill. Most people with a lick of common sense and not a mentally ill liberal knew that it was all bs. Some organizations have rules and if you want to be in good graces, employed you follow them. Doyle was a hardass, not a racist. Black people most of the time are always the victim and never the victor. I know this will trigger some snowflakes but who cares. Rob Howe is a woke POS. If the Iowa experience is so bad for minorities then why would Abdul Hodge and Ladell Betts come back to be assistant coaches?
Today is be nice to soy swilling self loathing emotional Beta Males Day so wait till Tomorrow to attack Howe

He doesn't fully buy in on the Kirk Ferentz Great Man myth which means being anti-Iowa if you've tied up a lot of self worth in Iowa being the most morally righteous program in football
This. So much this. I believe on the spectrum of college programs, Iowa is one of the good guys, but they’re not inerrant.

Last edited:
He was the idiot who f'in made those bs racial allegations a mountain out of a mole hill. Most people with a lick of common sense and not a mentally ill liberal knew that it was all bs. Some organizations have rules and if you want to be in good graces, employed you follow them. Doyle was a hardass, not a racist. Black people most of the time are always the victim and never the victor. I know this will trigger some snowflakes but who cares. Rob Howe is a woke POS. If the Iowa experience is so bad for minorities then why would Abdul Hodge and Ladell Betts come back to be assistant coaches?

Well he is paying them a lot of money and I don't think any other P5 programs were trying to hire them..

Everyone around the program including Kirk has said things needed to change. There's a reason he fired Doyle. Things are better now in part because he's been open to making the staff more diverse but that doesn't mean there were never problems. Also "minority player" isn't a block where every single person is identical. Some presumably had worse experiences than others and a lot of those players spoke up. If you want to call someone like James Daniels a bitter liar I guess that is your business but I assume he knows what was going on a lot better than I do. People love to pretend that Akrum Wadley or whoever was the only one speaking up instead of it being like dozens of former players, many of whom had zero reason to lie or have an ax to grind.

The issue people have with Rob is that he was actually willing to listen to the players and reexamine his view of the program based on what people who experienced it first hand were telling him, instead of just dismissing it because it was uncomfortable

Well he is paying them a lot of money and I don't think any other P5 programs were trying to hire them..

Everyone around the program including Kirk has said things needed to change. There's a reason he fired Doyle. Things are better now in part because he's been open to making the staff more diverse but that doesn't mean there were never problems. Also "minority player" isn't a block where every single person is identical. Some presumably had worse experiences than others and a lot of those players spoke up. If you want to call someone like James Daniels a bitter liar I guess that is your business but I assume he knows what was going on a lot better than I do. People love to pretend that Akrum Wadley or whoever was the only one speaking up instead of it being like dozens of former players, many of whom had zero reason to lie or have an ax to grind.

The issue people have with Rob is that he was actually willing to listen to the players and reexamine his view of the program based on what people who experienced it first hand were telling him, instead of just dismissing it because it was uncomfortable
Just because there were some issues and that changes needed to be made does not mean there was any racism. The 3rd party report was quite insightful and zeroed in on the fact that the culture was very “clean cut, midwestern.” Add in the fact that Doyle was a bully and yeah, it caused some problems. Insensitive and asshat comments does not equal racism.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
Tim Lester

His last job has been offensive analyst for the Packers. He was QB coach at Purdue. I believe he coached David Blough. He was head coach at Western Michigan (maybe 5 years). Not for sure how long. I don’t know…nothing jumps out at me that says, “This is our guy. This is a home run.”

Tim Lester

His last job has been offensive analyst for the Packers. He was QB coach at Purdue. I believe he coached David Blough. He was head coach at Western Michigan (maybe 5 years). Not for sure how long. I don’t know…nothing jumps out at me that says, “This is our guy. This is a home run.”
Well he was briefly the oc at Syracuse and then demoted😂. Before being fired as hc by alama mater Western Michigan😂😂. KF can find em!!

Well he was briefly the oc at Syracuse and then demoted😂. Before being fired as hc by alama mater Western Michigan😂😂. KF can find em!!
If that's the only option at this point, I think we would have better results with Ho Lee Fuk.

The last time he was an OC prior to Syracuse was 02-03... He has very little OC experience and none of it particularly good.

Sweet hire, Kirk!

Hired an average coach, right on cue.

Averaged just over 6 wins per year as Western Michigan HC '17-'22

The other OC was demoted at Syracuse and Lester was promoted to OC the year before entire staff fired. Still, year after Lester left the offensive yards went way up.

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT