ADVERTISEMENT

*****W Michigan vs Iowa Game Thread*****

Had to leave the thread for the remainder of the game. Couldn't take all the negativity.

Despite a disastrous first quarter, all three phases of the game, even the offense, were able to turn things around and get a solid win. Turnover, blocked punt, multiple passing TDs, terrific punts inside the 5; all good stuff.

The bad is that Lachey is likely done for the year. McNamara looked really iffy also. Not sure if his injury is getting worse or what, but he looked pretty bad.

Next week is the hardest game on the schedule, so buckle up.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Had to leave the thread for the remainder of the game. Couldn't take all the negativity.

Despite a disastrous first quarter, all three phases of the game, even the offense, were able to turn things around and get a solid win. Turnover, blocked punt, multiple passing TDs, terrific punts inside the 5; all good stuff.

The bad is that Lachey is likely done for the year. McNamara looked really iffy also. Not sure if his injury is getting worse or what, but he looked pretty bad.

Next week is the hardest game on the schedule, so buckle up.
Yep, Iowa will be double digit dogs next week. But, we could get destroyed in Happy Valley and still end up 11-1. If the offense continues to improve it's realistic.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Dr.PhilSuess
old Kirk would have taken a knee but his boy needs every point he can get. I am okay with it, just an observation.
The backups need reps too. While the optics aren’t great, running the offense with the backups is the smart move. But not what Kirk usually does.

You mean like the 30 - 13 win versus Illinois where Illinois gave them five turnovers?
You don’t think this sloppy soft bad O isn’t going to turn it over vs real athletes
🤣🤣🤣🤣 and that above average PSU qb and those good rbs are not going to gash that slow soft d ... oh my it won’t be like an at OhioSt or at Michigan massacre but it will be bad

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
More importantly, I think Western Michigan had seven first downs maybe all eight in the first half and 201 yards and ended up with 239!!

Aaannnnnd we continue to get deeper on Defense, Llewellyn and Thompson both had very, very nice games… Pitman, had splashes, lost contain at least once, Joe Evans is a very, very good pass, rusher quite frankly, for those that wish we had a “dominant one“ and Jamari Harris needs to get his shit together & soon or he’s back on the bench!!

More importantly, I think Western Michigan had seven first downs maybe all eight in the first half and 201 yards and ended up with 239!!

Aaannnnnd we continue to get deeper on Defense, Llewellyn and Thompson both had very, very nice games… Pitman, had splashes, lost contain at least once, Joe Evans is a very, very good pass, rusher quite frankly, for those that wish we had a “dominant one“ and Jamari Harris needs to get his shit together & soon or he’s back on the bench!!
The defense has never been the problem. We will see where the offense is in a week. It’s not as good as the score looked today but it probably isn’t as bad as it might look against Penn state.

If someone had told me it was a done deal that the game would end up 41-10 Hawks after that first half, I'd have told you to pass me some that wacky stuff and keep it coming!

Hell, not exaggerating it felt like a loss was very possible before the lightning delay.

The defense has never been the problem. We will see where the offense is in a week. It’s not as good as the score looked today but it probably isn’t as bad as it might look against Penn state.

I’m gonna be happy about it and wait and see… How did Penn State’s offense look today versus Illinois?

I’m assuming 5 turnovers help, right?

Last edited:
If someone had told me it was a done deal that the game would end up 41-10 Hawks after that first half, I'd have told you to pass me some that wacky stuff and keep it coming!

Hell, not exaggerating it felt like a loss was very possible before the lightning delay.
hey KF is now 1-1 vs Western Mich at Kinnick ... this was a huge win!

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
Let’s put some of this into perspective, and what some of our fans really want…

They honestly just want to bitch… They’re never happy.

This great PSU offense put up 20 1st downs, 383 yds and 30 points vs Illinois.

Now…that same Illinois….Broken Illinois, I might add.

1st Gave them 5 TOS….

2nd gave up 28 pts, 28 1st downs & 416 yds vs Toledo

THEN….gave up 34 pts, 27 1st downs & 539 yds vs KU…

Double then….vs Toledo & KU, that same Illinois Offense against supposedly inferior defenses…

Gained 374, 341 & then 354 yds ( vs PSU) …hmmm

Oh and again 1 TO vs Toledo, 2 vs KU and what did I say, 5 vs PSU….

Talk to me @Dr.PhilSuess ? What am I missing?

Hell anyone? Why is PSU unbeatable?

Oh yes, it doesn’t fit your narrative, gotcha!

Last edited:
Reactions: EagleHawk
No one has ever been mad about running out the clock when Iowa is +21 with 5 minutes remaining.

No one!!!

Oh….I’ve never heard anyone question why we didn’t try to score with 5 to 8 minutes left?

I’ve never heard anyone ask why we didn’t try to get “better” or why we didn’t let the second stringers get some real reps… I guess I thought I’d heard that before, I must be wrong!

Last edited:
Let’s put some of this into perspective, and what some of our fence really want…

They honestly just want to bitch… They’re never happy.

This great PSU offense put up 20 1st downs, 383 yds and 30 points vs Illinois.

Now…that same Illinois.,.Broken Illinois, I might add.

1st Gave them 5 TOS….

2nd gave up 28 pts, 28 1st downs & 416 yds vs Toledo

THEN….gave up 34 pts, 27 1st downs & 539 yds vs KU…

Double then….vs Toledo & KU, that same Illinois Offense against supposedly inferior defenses…

Gained 374, 341 & then 354 yds ( vs PSU) …hmmm

Oh and again 1 TO vs Toledo, 2 vs KU and what did I say, 5 vs PSU….

Talk to me @Dr.PhilSuess ? What am I missing?

Hell anyone? Why is PSY unbeatable?

Oh yes, it doesn’t fit your narrative, gotcha!
At home. White out at night. They aren’t unbeatable but Cade will have to play well. Something tells me he will. Maybe it will be enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT