Votes: 33 16.3%
  • They Suck

Votes: 34 16.8%
  • Don’t GAF

Votes: 46 22.8%

• Total voters
I lose brain cells after reading posts by @F5n5

Wow.
It's amazing that he thinks the offense "works." The offense that is directly responsible for losing 2, and possibly 3 games. The offense that was bailed out of another loss by the defense.

The offense that is the second worst in the country. The offense that is a national laughingstock.

Anyone who disagrees with you, or who dares criticize Kirk or Brian, and is not 100% positive all the time, is a "Cheeto finger loser" to you.

A person doesn't have to be a former player to have a qualified opinion. My son in law doesn't follow sports at all. He knows virtually nothing about football. He went to a game with a friend this season. The next day he made a comment to me to the effect of "shouldn't Iowa score more points?" And "their (Iowa's) quarterback sure isn't very good."

There are glaring deficiencies on the team that are obvious to pretty much everyone (except you and a few others).
You're right. The SIL doesn't know anything about football...

They’re worth a listen if only for their insight into the Iowa football program and how things work. Ward is the most reliable asset on the podcast and is the most level headed of the three. Kluver does a nice job of moderating the program and tries to keep it from spinning out, often in vain. Kulick is a poster child for CTE and often has the worst takes of all. They should avoid political topics at all times because frankly none of them have a very good understanding of their primary audience. Despite all of these flaws, still a solid podcast for true Hawkeye fans.

well.. I don't think Docterman knows football near as good as Brian Ferentz
if Doc was so knowledgable.. he'd be the OC
then he'd have to write about how bad he sucks.

the fact of the matter is... Iowa wins a whole lot of games.
its because the offensively philosophy works
you and others have cited the numbers...
they don't compare well with other teams...

that right there is proof positive that the offensive philosophy works.
Iowa wins because its a team sport and everybody is playing a part in that.

everybody but the cheeto fingers, that is
Nice deflection. Please name me some people minus yourself and the Ferentz family. I’ll hang up and listen. Btw plenty of former players and coaches who think our offense and OC are awful.

positive people support the Hawkeyes
Difference between being positive and rational. You make multiple claims about how BF is a great OC and argue against those who say different. I along with countless people disagree. Stats back it up and analyst, journalist and people who’ve played have said Iowa needs to move on from him. Again please cite 1 example of someone, besides KF, who thinks bf is doing a job and as you claimed a “great” OC.

Difference between being positive and rational. You make multiple claims about how BF is a great OC and argue against those who say different. I along with countless people disagree. Stats back it up and analyst, journalist and people who’ve played have said Iowa needs to move on from him. Again please cite 1 example of someone, besides KF, who thinks bf is doing a job and as you claimed a “great” OC.
that doesn't matter... the success the Hawkeyes have enjoyed the last several years says it all

that doesn't matter... the success the Hawkeyes have enjoyed the last several years says it all
So all those Oklahomas teams under Riley that won 50-45 then with your logic their DC was doing a good job? Or if you have a business and one sector is hemorrhaging $ but company is making a big profit then you’d consider the one in a negative a success? Or what about this year’s avg 7-5 record. Team success doesn’t translate automatically to mean the offense or our OC has been good.

Lastly ask again cite one credible individual who has praised BF as OC.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
So all those Oklahomas teams under Riley that won 50-45 then with your logic their DC was doing a good job? Or if you have a business and one sector is hemorrhaging $ but company is making a big profit then you’d consider the one in a negative a success? Or what about this year’s avg 7-5 record. Team success doesn’t translate automatically to mean the offense or our OC has been good.

Lastly ask again cite one credible individual who has praised BF as OC.
He would call a 1-11 season a success.

There is no metric in the universe where an offensive ranking of 130/131 would be considered successful.

Lastly ask again cite one credible individual (other than Kirk) who has praised BF as OC.
Fixed it for you.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
This is just such an amazing read.

If Brian is “as good as it gets”, what does that make Greg Davis? Heavenly Lord of Football?

• Haha
Reactions: shudaddy
To be honest this is the first time I watched these dudes … Tyler Kluver, Drake “Logan Paul look a like” and Kevin Ward… Seems like Kluver is pretty decent same with Kevin Ward… but Kulick? Dude seems like he’s out on vacation brain wise …. What bothers me is most of the time they talk about what they’re doing and not actually talking about ball… by no means do I think they’re bad but not exactly the best pod I have watched…
They're fine if you just want to hear some dudes talk and sometimes make a good point. They aren't great but they fill a void which is there aren't any other hawkeye podcasters.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
They occasionally give some good insider information on the program, but mostly they’re just jerking each other off.
I’ll listen to a podcast once in a while if they have a good guest. Otherwise, I can take it or leave it.

Reactions: weeterkane
Accurate however
Based on one fan’s view. Many disagree, myself included.

Like anything on the planet, some will like it and others won’t. IMO, it’s a fun listen with humorous banter, some good behind-the-scenes insights, and some fantastic guests.

You’re free to disagree. You’re also free to use words to explain why — or just go the knuckle-dragger route.

Reactions: EasyHawk
They occasionally give some good insider information on the program, but mostly they’re just jerking each other off.
I’ll listen to a podcast once in a while if they have a good guest. Otherwise, I can take it or leave it.
I just hate how Kluver and Drake never can point a finger at Kirk. I get that they want to stay in good graces with a coach they liked, but they never are critical and often lash out at people who do criticize them. The fallback is “you never played at Iowa so you have no clue” excuse.

I just hate how Kluver and Drake never can point a finger at Kirk. I get that they want to stay in good graces with a coach they liked, but they never are critical and often lash out at people who do criticize them. The fallback is “you never played at Iowa so you have no clue” excuse.
So they liked their coach, had experiences with the coach that people who didn't play there wouldn't understand and they don't go out of their way to criticize said coach.
Certainly something to hold against them. In your eyes I guess.

Reactions: Chucksizzle1
it's hard to listen to it. Kluver bags on the fans continually. Doesn't seem like they have a desire to put out a good product. JMO
I’ve never gotten that feeling from the pod. They laugh about “Cheeto fingers” from time to time, but that’s a very accurate description of many message board/Twitter tough guys (many of whom grace this board and often make it borderline unreadable) who have no fricking clue what they’re talking about.

I liked it, still listen occasionally. But I feel like their stories have all now been well told, their inside access has waned as they are now several years out of the program, and don't have much more to offer the casual fan.

I do think they still offer a valuable perspective, especially during the season, that those inside the program care far more and want to win far more than any of the fans do. That seems to be easily forgotten by some fans, so an occasional reminder is nice.

I liked it, still listen occasionally. But I feel like their stories have all now been well told, their inside access has waned as they are now several years out of the program, and don't have much more to offer the casual fan.

I do think they still offer a valuable perspective, especially during the season, that those inside the program care far more and want to win far more than any of the fans do. That seems to be easily forgotten by some fans, so an occasional reminder is nice.
Fair take. I think their sweet spot is to focus on their behind-the-scenes perspective based on their playing days and analysis of the action as former players during the season, and interviews of former players and coaches plus any other connections in the off-season.

Nothing I am saying isn’t true. If it gets your panties in a bunch that’s a you problem.
Actually, it's your opinion that they suck and since that clearly has your panties in a bunch, you definitely have a "you" problem. THAT is what a true statement looks like. :D

I don't have any problem with you giving your opinion or that you are triggered by their podcast/them as podcasters.

I just like pointing it out.....whether that's for others to under, or for your own self-realization.

Good luck staying triggered.

P.S. I have never listened to their podcast, and I don't even remember the names of the players doing it, nor will I look it up. I am being serious about that. And I still know enough not to take your word for it.

Hope that helps! :D:D:D

Actually, it's your opinion that they suck and since that clearly has your panties in a bunch, you definitely have a "you" problem. THAT is what a true statement looks like. :D

I don't have any problem with you giving your opinion or that you are triggered by their podcast/them as podcasters.

I just like pointing it out.....whether that's for others to under, or for your own self-realization.

Good luck staying triggered.

P.S. I have never listened to their podcast, and I don't even remember the names of the players doing it, nor will I look it up. I am being serious about that. And I still know enough not to take your word for it.

Hope that helps! :D:D:D
All that typing and you still crapped your pants.

Kluver doesn’t even like football. He’s admitted it multiple times and doesn’t even watch it.
Since you like talking about pants and pooping, does listening to these guys talk on their podcast make you crap your pants?

We've already established the fact that your panties get twisted into a bunch because of it. I would think that makes going to the bathroom in a timely manner difficult..........

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT