ADVERTISEMENT

We used to bash

FBletterman

HR All-American
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2002
Las Vegas
Alford all the time for rehashing his career resume every press conference. Ferentz is much worse I am so tired of hearing about our glory seasons of the last 16 years. I swear he brings up Dallas Clark every time. Lol. For him to spend the first 5 minutes of this presser giving us a "Reference Point" of the last 16 seasons was the stupidest and most desperate thing I've heard in a long time. Really kirk I think most of us have lived every single game for the last 16 years we really don't need the history lesson?

Originally posted by FBletterman:

Alford all the time for rehashing his career resume every press conference. Ferentz is much worse I am so tired of hearing about our glory seasons of the last 16 years. I swear he brings up Dallas Clark every time. Lol. For him to spend the first 5 minutes of this presser giving us a "Reference Point" of the last 16 seasons was the stupidest and most desperate thing I've heard in a long time. Really kirk I think most of us have lived every single game for the last 16 years we really don't need the history lesson?
At point after giving the history lesson he was asked if he regretted not playing Beathard more during the season and he responded: "I'm not a big one for looking backward".
smile.r191677.gif

He does repeat himself but not anymore than people on here. I think I've heard the same bitching now for three years. I'm not real happy either but dam get a life.

Originally posted by illhawkdvv:

He does repeat himself but not anymore than people on here. I think I've heard the same bitching now for three years. I'm not real happy either but dam get a life.
Bitching about bitching.....priceless
roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Hawkfann:

roll.r191677.gif
Bitching about bitching about bitching..........even more priceless.
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by EvilMo...Closet:
Originally posted by Hawkfann:

roll.r191677.gif
Bitching about bitching about bitching..........even more priceless. 
laugh.r191677.gif
But not nearly as priceless as bitching about bitching about bitching about...

Infinitely recursive thread is infinitely recursive.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Funny thing about Dallas Clark. He was a Hayden Fry recruit.

Reactions: CarterHall
Originally posted by FG86:

Was he really? He got here in 99? Not trying to be a jerk, it's a serious question.

Funny thing about the Alford comparison- when he and Sam would reference Indiana they didn't understand that they reminded Iowans that we hated his guts when he was at Indiana, and through the previous couple decades, iowa didn't back down from them in any way.

Ferentz on the other hand does reference very found Iowa memories for all of us, and he was really really liked at points in the past.

I guess I'm not seeing how this comparison makes sense

Originally posted by Section8:
Looked up Dallas Clark Bio and it said that he red-shirted in '98 at Iowa so that's a Fry recruit .
And yet after Fry retired he decided to stay.

Originally posted by trippnschmidt:

Looked up Dallas Clark Bio and it said that he red-shirted in '98 at Iowa so that's a Fry recruit .
And yet after Fry retired he decided to stay.
Where else was he going to go? He was a walk-on.

Originally posted by cecilB:
Funny thing about the Alford comparison- when he and Sam would reference Indiana they didn't understand that they reminded Iowans that we hated his guts when he was at Indiana, and through the previous couple decades, iowa didn't back down from them in any way.

Ferentz on the other hand does reference very found Iowa memories for all of us, and he was really really liked at points in the past.

You have a short memory CecilB, the message boards weren't so much bashing Alford about talking about Indiana, its that he would keep bringing up his Big 10 Tournament Championship and that he was the only Coach at Iowa to coach us to winning seasons every year or something along those lines.

Well that's wrong because he walked on in 99 and that was his red shirt year. Do the math. He went to the NFL in the 2003 draft and still had a year of eligibility left.

Originally posted by Chewback:

Well that's wrong because he walked on in 99 and that was his red shirt year. Do the math. He went to the NFL in the 2003 draft and still had a year of eligibility left.
Read this: http://thegazette.com/2012/05/22/dallas-clark-maybe-the-best-story-from-the-ferentz-era/[/URL]

Originally posted by Chewback:

Well that's wrong because he walked on in 99 and that was his red shirt year. Do the math. He went to the NFL in the 2003 draft and still had a year of eligibility left.

It's correct, 98 walk on.

http://m.hawkeyesports.com/m/sports/m-footbl/mtt/dallas_clark_179248.html

Originally posted by FG86:

If you think Fry was doing any recruiting in 1998 then you are lost. He had already cashed it in the year before.

Count me in as one that is tired of hearing about 2002 and 2009 every single press conference. Even guys like Kakert and Dochterman seem to be tired of hearing it. I honestly don't care if Ferentz has a press conference and tells us how much he has been pulled away from the facility for fundraising and that we can't get players because we are Iowa. Those are straight up excuses however you want to slice it. I think as Iowa fans we should be pleased with a 7-5 record since that is pretty much our program's realistic expectations based on historical performance. The problem is that he is paid like a top 10 coach while our performance has been mediocre at best and he comes off tone deaf at times. They have ruined the tailgating scene and now they are ruining the actual product on the field.

No, I remember it well. Perhaps it is tough for you to understand from So. Cal, but there were conversations between multiple I-clubs and ADept personnel about how the Alford's presentations on the circuit were falling flat and not inspiring affection. Referencing Indiana, the 'gold medal(s) he earned(coincidentally selected over BJ by knight for world games), 'I know what it takes to be a champion', Sam's stump speech where he said 'liking Black and Gold will take some getting use to'. Basically, the crap they were spewing was off putting almost from the beginning, and feedback was given. This was before the the UCONN shot of adrenalin, pulling the rabbit from the hat by Brody Body and Reggie Evans, or Haluska/Bruner/Horner(and NWLouisiana).

A text book on how not to endear one self to fans and how to compound your problems could be written about that hire and that era.

You have a short memory CecilB, the message boards weren't so much bashing Alford about talking about Indiana, its that he would keep bringing up his Big 10 Tournament Championship and that he was the only Coach at Iowa to coach us to winning seasons every year or something along those lines.

No, I remember it well. Perhaps it is tough for you to understand from So. Cal, but there were conversations between multiple I-clubs and ADept personnel about how the Alford's presentations on the circuit were falling flat and not inspiring affection. Referencing Indiana, the 'gold medal(s) he earned(coincidentally selected over BJ by knight for world games), 'I know what it takes to be a champion', Sam's stump speech where he said 'liking Black and Gold will take some getting use to'. Basically, the crap they were spewing was off putting almost from the beginning, and feedback was given. This was before the the UCONN shot of adrenalin, pulling the rabbit from the hat by Brody Body and Reggie Evans, or Haluska/Bruner/Horner(and NWLouisiana).

A text book on how not to endear one self to fans and how to compound your problems could be written about that hire and that era.

I stand corrected, your obviously well informed.
smile.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT