Votes: 2 0.9%
  • FCS Head Coach

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • FCS OC

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Analyst

Votes: 73 33.2%

• Total voters
Can he say "paper or plastic". Hy-Vee is hiring.
Arrested Development Laughing GIF

Somewhere he can show Iowa what a huge mistake they made. I’d have said Iowa State, but they don’t seem to have any spots open. I’d guess position coach at another Big Ten program.
They need an offensive coordinator now that shithouse is leaving.

Given that it's mid Feb now, I'd guess he'll either take a year off or end up as an analyst with either a college or pro team. Seems his ceiling is as an OL or TE coach. Certainly nothing wrong with that....those guys make a pretty good living and for the guys who enjoy teaching the game without being involved in the drama of being a coordinator, it's alot more enjoyable.

Why do ya'll really care about what he does? He is not a good coach. He isn't a pleasant individual, at least in his job. Not likely anyone will pick him up outside of maybe a small Iowa HS needing an asst coach. What we do in life does matter. What one does under privilege is indicative of character. He failed that test. Can he improve? Of course. Most of us don't until 3 or 4 hard knocks.

If Doyle didn't stick BF is not likely to stick.

Seems his ceiling is as an OL or TE coach. Certainly nothing wrong with that
True. His biggest adjustment now, in addition to getting a 70-80% pay cut, is going to be having job security for 2-4 years at a time and having to move all over the country to continue doing that if it's what he wants. Quite a bit different than the 20+ years of job security in one location and ridiculous pay that his old man has enjoyed, and was unable to pass on to him.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
If they don't want to yet, they will. No administration wants him for too long, and he just got an OWI last week.
It’ll depend on what Bacon wants. He overly involves himself in athletic matters, including forcibly transferring multiple building staff to accommodate Moore’s demand of bringing his football staff into the building.

New opening at Baylor

Baylor hired someone else to be their OL coach.

The perspective (from several posters on this site along with most Iowa media members) that there would be high demand for Brian as an OL coach in the NFL or FBS college football has proven to be false.

This lack of demand for Brian in the assistant coaching carousel reaffirms my belief that if Beth Goetz didn’t make the in-season move to let Brian go at the end of the 2023 season, Kirk would definitely have kept his son on as OC for 2024 (no better options).

Baylor hired someone else to be their OL coach.

The perspective (from several posters on this site along with most Iowa media members) that there would be high demand for Brian as an OL coach in the NFL or FBS college football has proven to be false.

This lack of demand for Brian in the assistant coaching carousel reaffirms my belief that if Beth Goetz didn’t make the in-season move to let Brian go at the end of the 2023 season, Kirk would definitely have kept his son on as OC for 2024 (no better options).
I don't know why ANYONE would have thought that he'd be on a sideline in 2024, unless he was willing to go to the Div II or lower ranks. The days of having things handed to BF on a silver platter are gone. If BF wants to be on an NFL or Div 1 sideline again, he's gonna have to take whatever analyst position KF is able to get him, then spend several years working hard to prove himself and shed his lousy reputation. I have serious doubts that he has that work ethic, especially with him having a few million in his own bank account and KF having generational wealth in his.

Kirk definitely would have kept Brian. He helped us reach 10-2!

Brian needs a year as an analyst then look for a coaching job in the fall. G5 OL or NFL Assistant to the assistant OL Coach.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I like your take here. Me and my dad were just talking about Brian the other day. We both came to the conclusion that he has had 2 bosses.....
His Dad
Dad's buddy

It is one thing between New England and Iowa making "connections" but those "connections" actually liking and respecting him is another thing.

Speaking of fastfood, if you stare at this long enough, this guy appears to actually be saying "Brian Ferentz".

Hungry Delivery GIF by Culver's

I doubt he does anything for a few months. He’s getting paid through June and he’s been associated with zero NFL or college jobs. Considering Frank Verducci is paid to be an analyst for Nebraska but lives in IC I can see doing the analyst thing for a year and then trying to coach in 2025.

Reactions: ichawk24
other - high school position coach, he'll be fired the first year for benching the best qb on the team in favor of some statue who turns the ball over at least twice per game and when asked why he doesn't switch qbs by the pissed off parents he replies "what's the upside". He returns home to find his house burned down.
Is he going to the fictional Ampipe (filmed in Johnstown, PA). I mean back in the 80s it was garbage on Coach Nickerson's lawn, but it may have progressed to arson by now if there was a remake (no, do not even think about it, Hollywood). If Hawkeye fans didn't do it I can't imagine a high school fanbase being that crazy. Maybe some big-school Texas team would have fans that nutty.

Thanks for reminding me of what's the upside. He should have been fired for that answer alone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT