ADVERTISEMENT

Whitlock: WNBA will destroy Caitlin

tweeterhawk

HR All-State
Gold Member
Mar 22, 2010
Argues she should return for another year, make more millions off NIL and endorsements, then find a role helping Iowa women’s basketball. She is not a fit for the WNBA and its left-leaning culture.

I agree with him.

The power structure of the NCAA women’s selection committee did not want Caitlin Clark and Iowa to survive to the final, and their surface compliments of Caitlin’s accomplishments hide a deep desire to protect the Black-dominated game of college and professional women’s basketball.

Anyone who thinks a white, heterosexual college superstar will fit in with the WNBA is fooling themselves. They do not want her and have been doing everything they can to tear her down.

He’s for people who don’t watch sports, & only care about politics. It’s all culture wars. He gives headlines to the Breitbart/the Blaze readers so they don’t have to form their own opinion.
Like @tweeterhawk. Loves the culture wars. Some of these guys just can't enjoy the game for what it is. How about all the hype Bird was getting out of college being the great white hope? If you can play you can play. And there's plenty of good white players. Bird, Taurasi, Del Donne, etc. Will it be easy? Of course not, and she's a rookie coming in after playing 38 games in a college season. And guess what? Our top assistant coach is a lesbian. Didn't seem to bother Clark playing and learning under her. Who gives a sh$$.

The power structure of the NCAA women’s selection committee did not want Caitlin Clark and Iowa to survive to the final, and their surface compliments of Caitlin’s accomplishments hide a deep desire to protect the Black-dominated game of college and professional women’s basketball.

Anyone who thinks a white, heterosexual college superstar will fit in with the WNBA is fooling themselves. They do not want her and have been doing everything they can to tear her down.
You know this how?

• Haha
Reactions: HIWILLE

Who knew the guy with the FJB avatar would be racist?

Just to take your argument seriously for a second, what happened when Kelsey Plum or Sabrina Ionescu joined the league? They did just fine and led their teams to final appearances, don't believe the Fox News culture war headlines, they're just trying to sell you something.

Like @tweeterhawk. Loves the culture wars. Some of these guys just can't enjoy the game for what it is. How about all the hype Bird was getting out of college being the great white hope? If you can play you can play. And there's plenty of good white players. Bird, Taurasi, Del Donne, etc. Will it be easy? Of course not, and she's a rookie coming in after playing 38 games in a college season. And guess what? Our top assistant coach is a lesbian. Didn't seem to bother Clark playing and learning under her. Who gives a sh$$.
You really don't work with women, do you? Especially lesbians. Also, there is a reason why Chris Rock has an entire routine about how racist black women can be. How Clark feels isn't the issue - it's how they in the WNBA feel about her popularity and their pereceived reasons for it. Jealousy and pure dislike simply because she isn't from that crowd. You can claim Whitlock is an idiot all you want - he's not wrong here.

You are aware that Bird (Sue), Taurasi, and Delle Donne are all gay, correct?

I was right. He is a dumbass.
On this particular topic...

ragnarok-is-it-though.gif

Totally aware my man. My point is we have a lesbian coach. And former (and probably current) lesbian players as well. She’s probably played in AAU over the years with many other gay players. Guess what? Clark’s going to be the starting pt guard for Indiana from day 1. I’m guessing management and the coaches will say to anyone not getting on board with can go somewhere else. Aliyah Boston seems pretty good with. If the opposition doesn’t like her who cares? Did LSU like her? Or UConn? Hell no. But I’m sure they all respected the Hell out if her because she beat them all.

Or....

She moves on to the WNBA, boosts attendance throughout the league, while increasing television viewership 20x, saving the league, and goes down as one of the most important women's athletes in any sport, all-time.

I get the sense she is the type who would rather take that challenge on than the easy path Whitlock is selling to his audience.

She's built different.

Ok, first off - Whitlock is a hack who has been fired from multiple jobs. Fired from ESPN for calling Lupica "an insecure mean spirited busy body." Started writing for Fox sports off an on - got effectively shelved when he said Jeremy Lin had a small penis. Went back to Espn in 2012, was fired in 2015. Went back to Fox, in 16, and then was replaced in 2018. Went to outkick in 2020 - was removed in 2021 calling everything fake news. Has been on Blaze with Steve Deace and other far right wingers ever since. He is not the definite source on moral code, or judging whether someone can succeed or not.

Lets just say he is long way from even commenting on whether Clark can succeed. As to the WNBA, its 150 players, with a variety of personalities, sexual orientation and political beliefs. Clark won't be as insulated as at Iowa, however get her on a court and her vision and shooting ability will still play. Its a guarantee. As to whether she will make more or less money who knows, my guess is her star will fade a bit, but she will still generate millions of dollars a year for the next 5-10 years. Not a bad gig.

So with that Whitlock can shove off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT