ADVERTISEMENT

You aren't losing to IU.

fkfootball

Team MVP
Apr 28, 2014
Crean has won 3 BTT games in 8 seasons.
On top of that, it's been widely speculated that this could be his final game at IU and he's pretty well checked out.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
I just see this as different from former years. In the past, it seems like we have been backing into the tournament just trying to stay alive to get into the dance. This year, it feels like we are charging into the tournament with a head of steam and (obviously) something to fight for.

Crean has won 3 BTT games in 8 seasons.
On top of that, it's been widely speculated that this could be his final game at IU and he's pretty well checked out.

We haven't won more than 3 I don't think on the last 8 years. But that's crazy the Indiana has only won 3 games?? With acouple top 10 teams 4-5 years ago and last year winning the B10.

Anyways this season is crazy I could see a 10th seed Indiana winning it all, or even a 7th seed Iowa winning it all. Nobody has a clue who win each game it's just that way in the B10.

I'm sure crean is out after this season, but they have so much talent I could easily see them beating us,I will be so nervous watching games like the season we got screwed by valentine and his love for izzo(still the worst called game I've ever seen) it feels like we are in the same exact position as that season. Win 2 we are in, but let's just win the whole damn thing so we don't have to play in the play in game. That would put us at a 9/10 seed.

I absolutely hate this matchup. They have arguably the most talent laden team in the BIG and our 1st round history has not been great. Hope we can turn that table....
This is the first year we are playing our best ball though at this time of the year, also totally different team first team under Fran that has no fear of anyone I love it!

We lost to teams that were considered pretty crappy in Illinois and Penn State the past couple years because we sleep-walked through the games/overlooked them, and they occurred when the NCAA tournament was already locked up.

This year, we are facing a team that everybody knows is dangerous (and already took us to double-OT), with our NCAAs lives on the line. If the team can't get up for it, then they simply aren't ready for the tournament stage and will get solid experience in the NIT.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
This is the first year we are playing our best ball though at this time of the year, also totally different team first team under Fran that has no fear of anyone I love it!
Actually, we were riding a hot streak into the NCAA tournament a couple years ago (White's senior year), killed Davidson, then ran into a Gonzaga team that couldn't miss. We didn't have the three point shooting on that team to make a serious run.

Actually, we were riding a hot streak into the NCAA tournament a couple years ago (White's senior year), killed Davidson, then ran into a Gonzaga team that couldn't miss. We didn't have the three point shooting on that team to make a serious run.
We were barely winning and played the worst teams in the big ten those last 6 games and we were winning because of one player, this team were winning as a team. I knew someone was going to bring that up when I wrote it, I should have encluded that year but white was playing insane against not the best teams in the B10 and the rest of the team wasn't. Right now we have 3-5 guys that are playing the best of their career and Jok playing the same a all big ten 1st team. This team is different than that white team. Baer and cook are playing amazing Jok is still playing great. Pemsl missed his first shot in 4 games today. Brady is playing with confidence and best he's played. CW is playing the best he's ever played.

Iowa has been playing very well. I don't love the IU/Wisky duo that we have to play. This is a very tough draw, but this is what we have earned. Hopefully the Hawkeyes can win the next 2, I didn't think we would win @ Maryland or @ Wisconsin so theres that. We shall see what happens.

I did not see De'ron Davis play in the OSU win. Anyone know if he is out this week?
He is a stud inside.

I did not see De'ron Davis play in the OSU win. Anyone know if he is out this week?
He is a stud inside.

He's healthy. Yes, he's extremely talented. He could be an All American someday if he stays. Extremely loyal to Crean.

Indiana may be talented, but they sure have lost a lot of games. So there's that... ;)

Iowa has been playing very well. I don't love the IU/Wisky duo that we have to play. This is a very tough draw, but this is what we have earned. Hopefully the Hawkeyes can win the next 2, I didn't think we would win @ Maryland or @ Wisconsin so theres that. We shall see what happens.

Agreed it will not be easy. Few would have thought a couple of weeks ago that Iowa would be in a position where they are perhaps in if they win 1 at the BTT and almost for sure in if they win 2. Winning against Indiana and Wisconsin on a neutral floor is a much better percentage proposition than winning at Wisconsin and Maryland. It doesn't mean that it will happen.

If only Iowa could play Rutgers, Rutgers, Rutgers, and Rutgers on a magical run to the B1G title. All this handwringing over opponents makes me laugh.

Really there is no matchup that would be a gimme. OK, rutgers is pretty bad. But that one is about as close to a freebie first BTT game as Iowa would get.

They have to win 2 more games now to make it hard on the committee picking those last few teams for the Dance.
Even if they lose against iu, their end of season run looks good for the NIT.
Of course I want to see them make the NCAA tourney. But if they don't it's hardly a crushing blow. Getting into the NIT and maybe winning a couple of games there would be a pretty nice cap to this season.

The Hoosiers are playing for their lives and if they hit first couple of 3s watch out

We need to guard the 3 point line

We gave penn state a lot of open looks and they missed them we cant aford to give the hoosiers the same looks

That is a crazy stat on Crean which I didn't know. Unfortunately, Iowa only has two BTT wins in that span.

The thing about Indiana is that they play worse defense than Iowa. Watching the Ohio St/IU game, it became clear that no IU lead is safe becausr they are streaky and don't play consistent defense. The fact that Ohio St had a chance and very easily could've won that game should give IU some concern.

What would you have preferred? In terms of second round opponents. I'd take an uninspired Wisconsin over Purdue, home team Maryland and red hot Minnesota. What has IU done to earn our trepidation? They go to the BTT having lost 6 of 8. Games are not one on paper, we of all teams should know that.

I tell you what, if I'm Indiana I'm getting the ball to Bryant in the post early and often. I'm sure he's seen and heard about the Tyler Cook antics from last meeting. Getting Cook in foul trouble and Bryant going is their best chance to win. If we get Cook going again, it's going to open up our shooters and that's game over.

We shot 5-24 20.8% from 3 against them. Since, we've shot 37-66, 56%. JBo 13-25, 52%, Baer 11-15, 73%, Jok 8-14, 57%. Fire emoji.

Remember the ages-old saying: "if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.....but you would rather only have to beat the mediocre".

Or something like that.

I tell you what, if I'm Indiana I'm getting the ball to Bryant in the post early and often. I'm sure he's seen and heard about the Tyler Cook antics from last meeting. Getting Cook in foul trouble and Bryant going is their best chance to win. If we get Cook going again, it's going to open up our shooters and that's game over.

We shot 5-24 20.8% from 3 against them. Since, we've shot 37-66, 56%. JBo 13-25, 52%, Baer 11-15, 73%, Jok 8-14, 57%. Fire emoji.

You mean Fire Crean emoji, I think.

I absolutely hate this matchup. They have arguably the most talent laden team in the BIG and our 1st round history has not been great. Hope we can turn that table....
I agree, not a good match up. Especially after we just beat them recently in a close game.

IU is a dangerous team to play, but the B1G is so balanced this year that there are no easy draws, even Rutgers. It is important that Iowa turn IU into a jump shooting team and hope that they aren't hitting.

Reactions: DewHawk
What would you have preferred? In terms of second round opponents. I'd take an uninspired Wisconsin over Purdue, home team Maryland and red hot Minnesota. What has IU done to earn our trepidation? They go to the BTT having lost 6 of 8. Games are not one on paper, we of all teams should know that.
I just things folks are preparing themselves for the reoccurring Iowa big game let down (all sports anymore).

We were barely winning and played the worst teams in the big ten those last 6 games and we were winning because of one player, this team were winning as a team. I knew someone was going to bring that up when I wrote it, I should have encluded that year but white was playing insane against not the best teams in the B10 and the rest of the team wasn't. Right now we have 3-5 guys that are playing the best of their career and Jok playing the same a all big ten 1st team. This team is different than that white team. Baer and cook are playing amazing Jok is still playing great. Pemsl missed his first shot in 4 games today. Brady is playing with confidence and best he's played. CW is playing the best he's ever played.
Word.

I agree with that completely, I really like how this team is playing as well... IU talent level just scares me.
Talent level? Outside of Bryant they're not all that, and James Blackmon is an absolute short bus passenger except for his shooting. The other big is OK on O but plays no D. Their PG has played well recently but has been a TO machine all year.

We play consistent and they'll fold like they have all year. They're a dumb, poorly coached, unit.

Sorry op im not taking your word or anyone else's that this is gonna be a cakewalk. That is unless Indiana misses their buss to the arena. The boys are going to have to be at their best to win this game. I just hope they haven't used up all their good games, they've been on a roll.

Reactions: hawkhorn

The team that lost first round to psu two years ago was playing its best at the end of the season too. Mostly because White took his game up a notch.

Its gets lost inbetween the two meltdown years.

Talent level? Outside of Bryant they're not all that, and James Blackmon is an absolute short bus passenger except for his shooting. The other big is OK on O but plays no D. Their PG has played well recently but has been a TO machine all year.

We play consistent and they'll fold like they have all year. They're a dumb, poorly coached, unit.

Agree, Anonouby is by far their best player, without him they're not that talented.

They dont know how to use Bryant and then he drifts on the perimiter because of it and takes himself out of the action.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT