ADVERTISEMENT

You guys better beat us.

The way this hawkeye team is playing right every game is going to be a dogfight

I feel they will certainly want redemption but I highly doubt a blowout.

I’d put line at Iowa -6.5

Iowa definitely better win this weekend. And I mean, win BIG. We are ready to mount the losses up so this nightmare can finally end. It has gotten so bad in Bloomington, we are actively discussing how much of an upgrade Steve Alford would be.
I hate losing to illinois too but just back off the ledge with the Alfraud talk. Indiana fans are smarter than that, aren't they? I know my hoosier buddy isn't an archie fan but laughs at the idea of golden boy. I'd love for you to hire him but won't be holding my breath. I think Hoiberg could be a good fit there

Reactions: fkfootball
Iowa definitely better win this weekend. And I mean, win BIG. We are ready to mount the losses up so this nightmare can finally end. It has gotten so bad in Bloomington, we are actively discussing how much of an upgrade Steve Alford would be.

I watched the final 10 minutes of your game last night and your problem isn't just with the coaching staff....

lol pathetic stuff right there, guy.

you lost to the #7 kenpom team in OT. The coach must suck.

So.....You’re going to fire Miller and hire coach X (who would, of course, crawl over ten miles of broken glass to coach the legendary Hoosiers — I mean...who wouldn’t, right?), and then you’ll be winning national championships in no time.

You guys and Nebraska football fans should start a mutual support/admiration society.

Just curious... who do you think IU will hire to bring you back to 1987? Coach Emmet Brown?

So.....You’re going to fire Miller and hire coach X (who would, of course, crawl over ten miles of broken glass to coach the legendary Hoosiers — I mean...who wouldn’t, right?), and then you’ll be winning national championships in no time.

You guys and Nebraska football fans should start a mutual support/admiration society.

Just curious... who do you think IU will hire to bring you back to 1987? Coach Emmet Brown?

Do they make a Delorean bus?

Reactions: Raptorpeeps
Beginning with the 2017-2018 season Iowa is 13-14 in the month of February ...

Edit: Taking a complete view, since joining Iowa, Fran is 38-38 in the month of February ...
I see 13-11.
Still, why go back a 4th season where we went 2-6 in February to make a sketchy point, where Jbo was a soph, and Garza and Nunge were Freshman, and we went 14-19 overall LOL. There was no fade that year, we just sucked!!!!!! It also didn't involved any of the current players.
We have some weird ass fans. Ignore the last 3 years and go back to a fourth, so that I can be negative about our coach and his February record.

Let's take a complete look Rusty.
I'm giving Fran a pass on his first year where he went 2-6 in February, because we sucked every month and went 11-20.
11-12: 18-17 overall, 5-3 in February
12-13: 25-13 overall, 4-3 in February
13-14: 20-13 overall, 3-4 in February - Faded
14-15: 22-12 overall, 6-2 in February
15-16: 22-11 overall, 3-4 in February - Faded
16-17: 19-15 overall, 3-3 in February - Fade? Maybe, not really
17-18: 14-19 overall, 2-6 in February - no fade, we just sucked all year
18-19: 23-12 overall, 5-2 in February
19-20: 20-11 overall, 5-3 in February
20-21: 1-0 in February

Now Fran in the BTT, bad!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see 13-11.
Still, why go back a 4th season where we went 2-6 in February to make a sketchy point, where Jbo was a soph, and Garza and Nunge were Freshman, and we went 14-19 overall LOL. There was no fade that year, we just sucked!!!!!! It also didn't involved any of the current players.
We have some weird ass fans. Ignore the last 3 years and go back to a fourth, so that I can be negative about our coach and his February record.

I'm giving Fran a pass on his first year where he went 2-6 in February, because we sucked every month and went 11-20.

Fran's February record is what it is since he came to Iowa ... I am not debating it ... The numbers are what they are ... Tell yourself what you want to ...

I see 13-11.

I like where you're going with the hard numbers, but a better look would be to exclude Feb from the overall record and compare the winning percentages to get a true measure of momentum. I'm too lazy to do that and it might not show anything different, but ya...

I like where you're going with the hard numbers, but a better look would be to exclude Feb from the overall record and compare the winning percentages to get a true measure of momentum. I'm too lazy to do that and it might not show anything different, but ya...

I did this some time ago and the overall result was that with the exception of the 2015-16 team, which got as high as No. 3, Fran's teams have generally reflected in February the overall Big 10 record. And beyond that, there a whole host of other factors. Schedule difficulty, injuries, etc. But the 1-2 outlier years and Fran's overall terrible BTT record create a narrative that is hard to break. I do remember Aaron White's senior year Iowa won 6 in a row to end the season. But only fades count I guess.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

You think a coach at Indiana should be 9-8 in year 4? Lol. Ok.

In one of the deepest big tens ever? It's not unheard of. Jeff Goodman just said IU is the most overrated job in the country, the current kids being recruited weren't alive when IU was elite. I grew up emulating bob knights man defense and have always respected the Hoosiers but like Nebraska in football they just aren't what they were last century

Alford is not an upgrade. I know he's an Indiana boy but look what he has done at the two major schools he has been at. I would still roll the dice on Miller over him.

If you hired Alford, I would never wish IU success again.

oh no!!!

indiana should never be 9-8. Ever. Lol

the league is the best it’s been in 30 years but IU should never lose games.

I thought we were bad but what turds your fans are. Yuck.

You will enjoy playing us in basketball a lot more than you will in Football. Tom Allen teams are feisty as hell.

Allen is the douchiest coach in the conference. I can’t wait to make that lunatic pace back and forth while his team is getting beat down.

do you think Archie is as big a cheat as his brother, Sean (HC at Arizona)?

Fran's February record is what it is since he came to Iowa ... I am not debating it ... The numbers are what they are ... Tell yourself what you want to ...
So what you are saying is "I don't want to look at the actual numbers, I've made up my mind on what I think he has done in February."

I do actually feel bad for you guys if that is where the thinking is.....

That said, IF you had Steve as your coach the Iowa fans would be RABID to beat the Hoosiers...

I wouldn’t wish Steve Alford on my worst enemy. Hope you get him.

ax155_4df5_9.jpg

As long as you don't play try hard defense and actually let Iowa shoot open 3s, then that shouldn't be a problem.

Do you think you can convince your Hoosiers of that, so you can help yourselves in this case?...............

In one of the deepest big tens ever? It's not unheard of. Jeff Goodman just said IU is the most overrated job in the country, the current kids being recruited weren't alive when IU was elite. I grew up emulating bob knights man defense and have always respected the Hoosiers but like Nebraska in football they just aren't what they were last century

Nobody expects Indiana to return to top 5 program status. But should they be bottom 4 of the Big Ten? **** no. Even Fran is better than Archie. . And Goodman is a major tool.

Allen is the douchiest coach in the conference. I can’t wait to make that lunatic pace back and forth while his team is getting beat down.

Are you serious? He’s probably the most genuine coach out there and he’s got more passion than most other coaches. Also turned around a program that quite frankly, most of us figured couldn’t be turned around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT