ADVERTISEMENT

‘Take the land’: President Trump wants a border wall. And he wants it by Election Day.

No government steals private property better than the bleeding heart Dems in Iowa City and Coralville. Urban renewal stole all the downtown private property from some to give it to the highest bidders later. Hell, they are finally just finishing some of the confiscated property as we speak. Attend Fry-fest? All that property that you partied on was taken from private property owners by the city of Coralville and sold to the U of I, Marriott and others. Controlling the border seem more important than the Marriott Hotel to me.

69431638_228280641483705_1667806887040516096_n.jpg

I read that as absolute right to close the border as he doesn't say I have the right to do both therefor it implies that that qualifier only applies to the statement that preceded it.

You have to be looking hard to see it the other way. In a fair analysis.

I read that as absolute right to close the border as he doesn't say I have the right to do both therefor it implies that that qualifier only applies to the statement that preceded it.

You have to be looking hard to see it the other way. In a fair analysis.

He doesn't have the 'absolute right' to close the border.
He does have the 'absolute right' to pardon people. Mostly unrestricted.

You're working pretty hard to misinterpret that.

No government steals private property better than the bleeding heart Dems in Iowa City and Coralville. Urban renewal stole all the downtown private property from some to give it to the highest bidders later. Hell, they are finally just finishing some of the confiscated property as we speak. Attend Fry-fest? All that property that you partied on was taken from private property owners by the city of Coralville and sold to the U of I, Marriott and others. Controlling the border seem more important than the Marriott Hotel to me.
So what do make of Trump wanting to steal private land to build his wall?

Eminent Domain is supposed to be used for " the public good. " Obviously the wall would qualify. In Iowa City and Coralville, the locals abused it for " Economic Development ", then turn around and give tax abatement to chosen developers.
So you're complaint is one of subjective measure.

Eminent Domain is supposed to be used for " the public good. " Obviously the wall would qualify. In Iowa City and Coralville, the locals abused it for " Economic Development ", then turn around and give tax abatement to chosen developers.

"Economic development" isn't for "the public good"???
Many in the GOP would staunchly disagree with that. In fact, many blighted areas have been turned into viable business/enterprise zones because of it.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
As we keep sending military money for Trumps wall....

...Meanwhile, in GA, we cannot protect our military veterans from......

ANTS!!!???

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...er-veteran-dies-covered-ant-bites/2309812001/

Veteran dies covered in ant bites in a VA nursing home

A daughter is devastated and a senator outraged after a 74-year-old veteran died in a Veterans Affairs nursing home covered in ant bites.

Joel Marrable, an Air Force veteran who served in the Vietnam War, was staying at the Eagles' Nest Community Living Center, part of the Atlanta VA Medical Center, when his daughter visited him a week before he died.

"His room had ants, the ceiling, the walls, the beds. They were everywhere," his daughter Laquna Ross told WSB-TV. "The staff member says to me, ‘When we walked in here, we thought Mr. Marrable was dead. We thought he wasn't even alive, because the ants were all over him.'"

Marrable had cancer, his daughter said. After Ross told the workers, they cleaned his room and bathed him. But the ants returned.

Only then, Ross said, were they able to relocate him into a new room – where he died last Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT