ADVERTISEMENT

“Cloth Masks aren’t very effective.”

They have nothing. Won't address the data that shows masks aren't working to control spread in areas with mandates.

They have nothing. Won't address the data that shows masks aren't working to control spread in areas with mandates.
If you're only going to rely on a seatbelt in a 120 mph crash, you aren't going to be very successful

If you're only going to rely on masks in heavily populated areas where people spend lots of time indoors, you aren't going to be very successful.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Easy, you all use any bias confirming “data” that you can find.

I mean a twitter source of @ianmSC “insert whatever credentials you think are important here” that does not provide citation links to any of his/her assertions is certainly above reproach.

Carry on dipshit.
His sources are at the bottom of his charts/graphs so that skeptical dipshits can confirm/refute the data.

Carry on.

If you're only going to rely on a seatbelt in a 120 mph crash, you aren't going to be very successful

If you're only going to rely on masks in heavily populated areas where people spend lots of time indoors, you aren't going to be very successful.

Thank you for finally admitting that masks aren't a successful mitigation measure.

We've stated for your outright, that ALONE they are not nearly as effective as vaccines.
In combination with OTHER mitigations, they can attenuate infection rates.

They don’t understand nuance. They don’t understand how viruses spread. They don’t understand statistics.

I admire your perseverance in the face of these facts though. Godspeed.

Reactions: Tom Paris
We've stated for your outright, that ALONE they are not nearly as effective as vaccines.
In combination with OTHER mitigations, they can attenuate infection rates.

They cannot. Look at the charts and the rates, no impact.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
My views on this are not political.

I am happy to argue about mask though. Tell me, what is it you think masks and distancing are doing? Serious question. Once I am clear then we can discuss further.

Now, tell me. You are rationalizing that air borne contaminates filtered by masks worn by members in close quarters, and distance (which will by logic decreases the possibility of the vapors to interact), and/or both will not reduce the transmission of diseases.

Coughing, or even breathing in a crowded elevator when infected with a condition does not create problems then. An absurd argument.

You have adopted, or at least reflect the radical political position on this.

Last edited:
Now, tell me. You are rationalizing that air borne contaminates filtered by masks worn by members in close quarters, and distance (which will by logic decreases the possibility of the vapors to interact), and/or both will not reduce the transmission of diseases.

Coughing, or even breathing in a crowded elevator when infected with a condition does not create problems then. An absurd argument.

You have adopted, or at least reflect the radical political position on this.
Wrong. I’m not saying that they will not reduce transmission in a small way. What I’m saying is that the effort to avoid getting infected by doing these things is pointless.

Again for the slow group.

There will be now, sooner, or later, 3 groups.
1) the vaccinated
2) the unvaccinated that acquired natural immunity from being infected.
3) the unvaccinated that died and the very very rare vaccinated that died

There is frankly no escape. There will not be any group of significant size that is unvaccinated and did not get COVID. This is simply too transmissible. The only point to masking and all the rest is to keep that group as large as possible. That means social distancing and masking forever. You get that right? This virus is not going away.

Either get vaccinated or roll the dice and wait to get sick. Period.

Wrong. I’m not saying that they will not reduce transmission in a small way. What I’m saying is that the effort to avoid getting infected by doing these things is pointless.

1) the vaccinated

There is frankly no escape. There will not be any group of significant size that is unvaccinated and did not get COVID. This is simply too transmissible. The only point to masking and all the rest is to keep that group as large as possible. That means social distancing and masking forever. You get that right? This virus is not going away.

Except, with masks and a little common-sense distancing, the rest of America can avoid the full ICUs in FL, TX, MO, AK, etc etc etc, and can still carry on with things known as "elective surgeries" and "emergency surgeries".

No one is asserting masks will "make the virus go away". At all. That's the straw man you guys keep pushing out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rudolph

1) the vaccinated

Have you had Covid?

Florida update.....totally unscientific observation.

Mask wearing at about 40% at the Destin Walmart. (at probably 2% 3 weeks ago)

Why this is significant anecdotal data: No mandate AND Okaloosa County is MAGA land AND half the vehicles in the parking lot are from Texas/Alabama/Mississippi/Louisiana

Wrong. I’m not saying that they will n reduce transmission in a small way. What I’m saying is that the effort to avoid getting infected by doing these things is pointless.

1) the vaccinated
3) the unvaccinated that

died and the very very rare vaccinated that died

Vaccination is the answer. No doubt it. But to dismiss effective preventive measures is naïve and nuts.

I could care less what people risk to lose. Just do it on your own island. And stay the hell away from my grandkids.

Vaccination is the answer. No doubt it. But to dismiss effective preventive measures is naïve and nuts.

I could care less what people risk to lose. Just do it on your own island. And stay the hell away from my grandkids.
Hopefully your grandkids will teach you the difference between "could care less" and couldn't care less".

Hopefully your grandkids will teach you the difference between "could care less" and couldn't care less".
"could care less" and "couldn't care less" is synonymous.

And the grandkids didn't even have to tell me this.

Vaccination is indeed the answer....

Call me whatever you want but I'm just not sure cloth masks do much.....especially with Delta.

The Sages of HROT think I was making shit up when I was actually posting videos and transcripts from one of the most well respected epidemiologists in the country.

They’ll continue clinging to their denial.
You were right all along huh shank? The needle moved a little here I think. Now if the HROT DBs would just listen to you on the other stuff you're right on too, we'd all be a lot better off.

I realize I'm late to the party here, but better late than never as I'm sure all HROT can agree.

Reactions: shank hawk
SMH. They aren't, but I'm sure if you think it's so, then it must be so. My comment was in fun, but since you doubled down, it's serious for you. Good luck.
Merriam-Webster disagrees with you. But, how can that source be trusted?

I could care less is the operative in my phrase.

Last edited:
Merriam-Webster disagrees with you. But, how can that source be trusted?

I could care less is the operative in my phrase.
Keep digging. One phrase has a negative. The other doesn't. If you want to appear ignorant, I couldn't care less.

I’ve been vaccinated and if I’m not ill I’m not gonna get your grandkids sick.

I haven’t seen anything that leads me to believe there are asymptomatic vaccinated carriers that have spread disease to others.

JFC, you guys just rant on.

"Most" will go with science and medical professional advice and instruction. Research has been ongoing for nearly two centuries on transmissible diseases. Collective knowledge and expertise has produced vaccines, medical procedures, treatments and solutions despite skeptics and critics.

The CDC and NIH are foremost in the world in technical expertise and reputation. Their consultation and advise is highly sought after and respected. Among their staff are some of the most accomplished experts in the world, with records befitting their reputations. It is safe to say the information those organizations provide since the Orange Turd thankfully died politically, is realistic and dependable.

There is no consensus or agreement on treatment on novel diseases, such as Covid 19 arise, and approaches require adaptation and flexible processes. To search for and use disagreement as fodder for argument is petty.

You don't buy the science and medical advice. That puts you on the weeds.

Last edited:
I’ve been vaccinated and if I’m not ill I’m not gonna get your grandkids sick.

I haven’t seen anything that leads me to believe there are asymptomatic vaccinated carriers that have spread disease to others.

You also haven't seen any evidence they CANNOT, which would be the appropriate standard here.

Great. That's the source that carries enough expertise. Now, what is their recommendation on masks?
In view of the data, their recommendation is either hypocrisy, incompetence or stupidity
And the graph indicates masks worked for a LONG TIME, until factors you're completely oblivious to screwed things up there.

I know what those are, do you?
Ummm, let’s see......vaccines? :rolleyes:

Just kidding. It probably wasn’t the vacci..........wait! Was it the vaccines??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT