ADVERTISEMENT

“Significant” Trump Slippage in Iowa Presidential Race….

joelbc1

HB King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
Just saw on Ch. 8 that the newest released Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll shows Trump’s lead over Harris is 47 to 43. That is much smaller than the advantage Trump enjoyed over Joe Biden several weeks ago.
If this is a poll conducted by Ann Selzer, it is certainly newsworthy. Selzer is pretty much the gold standard when it comes to measuring Iowans and their politics.

I don’t know enough about Iowa’s delegation to Congress…Trump will still take Iowa but any chance a few down ballot races could flip?

Florida for sure is in play now. Honestly with what happened in Springfield Ohio, I would not be surprised if Ohio numbers tighten too. The dangers of Trump and Vance got exposed in real life to people living there and word of that stuff spreads.

Just saw on Ch. 8 that the newest released Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll shows Trump’s lead over Harris is 47 to 43. That is much smaller than the advantage Trump enjoyed over Joe Biden several weeks ago.
If this is a poll conducted by Ann Selzer, it is certainly newsworthy. Selzer is pretty much the gold standard when it comes to measuring Iowans and their politics.
If Harris wins, I hope your wives, daughters and granddaughters enjoy getting to dress, shower and compete with men and boys pretending to be women. $5.00 a gallon gas and abortions at all stages of development will be the norm. Harris says her first order of business will be to lower the cost of goods in America. Why do they have to wait for that?

If Harris wins, I hope your wives, daughters and granddaughters enjoy getting to dress, shower and compete with men and boys pretending to be women. $5.00 a gallon gas and abortions at all stages of development will be the norm. Harris says her first order of business will be to lower the cost of goods in America. Why do they have to wait for that?
Why do they have to wait for $5.00 a gallon gas and abortions at all stages of development?

Jackass.

Ya, too bad republicans went all in on Trump again. They could have nominated just about anyone and wiped the floor. Instead doubling down on Trump. Anyone with half of brain should have known when they went to caucus that this could potentially happen.

And the freedom to vote her out in 2028 if you feel the need. Not so sure that happens if syphilitic orange gets back to the white house.

She’s not gonna win here but I think it’s showing that Trump fatigue is starting to settle in.

It could certainly help the down ballot races if Walz (or Harris) held an event here.

$5.00 gas and abortions at all stages of development????

Don’t tease me with a good time, sailor. Let’s do this thing.

Don’t know if there is movement, but here in MO they just started playing Trump ads.

MO is a sure Trump win, so I don’t know if this is just some baseline maintenance spending or trying to help down ballot.

Reactions: VodkaSam
I heard we will have abortions at gas stations if Harris wins.

I think Iowa is stretch but I think there will be some surprise states going for Harris. It's going to be a landslide and rightfully so.

It’s not going to be a landslide. Trump may still win by a slim margin in the electoral college. But your “rightfully so” shows that you are a rare conservative with a shred of decency left, and that’s commendable.

The Office Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

Imagine being so fvcking stupid, you actually believe this shit. What a way to go through life.
Will Ferrell Loser GIF

What's going on is that everyone not a hard core MAGA is starting to realize Trump is the worst candidate in the history of POTUS candidates, and always has been.

Some people. S IL and there are still a number of folks that fly their Trump flags. Even with all the stupidity.

"He is still better than the lawyer lady!" <no he isn't>

Reactions: MitchLL and HawkMD
It’s not going to be a landslide. Trump may still win by a slim margin in the electoral college. But your “rightfully so” shows that you are a rare conservative with a shred of decency left, and that’s commendable.
I don’t think it will be a landslide, but I think doobi is right that there will be one or two surprise states that flip for Harris. Trump’s base is not wide enough to win the EC without massive moderate support and Democratic indifference like you saw in 2016.

I think Democrats are highly motivated. Republicans outside of Trump’s base not so much.

A lot can happen in two months, but right now if I had to guess I would bet on Harris winning by a similar margin as Joe Biden, maybe a little more.

Reactions: MitchLL and HawkMD

I've already showered with your wife, so not much would change

With the Republican numbers on the Iowa voter rolls and what this poll says is a +5 independent advantage, Trump would win by closer to 10 points than 4. This is yet another poll that doesn't make sense, but this is a long list. Figuring out Trump voters is like applying analytics to Iowa football.

No. I would never vote for anyone who doesn't respect innocent human life. I will not vote this year.
Look at things this way: Donny denies any affiliation with Project 2025. Why should we believe him? He lies about everything. Making sure Harris is elected gives us another free and fair election in 2028. Vote Harris out then if you must. Orange will fubar this country forever if he wins…

Look at things this way: Donny denies any affiliation with Project 2025. Why should we believe him? He lies about everything. Making sure Harris is elected gives us another free and fair election in 2028. Vote Harris out then if you must. Orange will fubar this country forever if he wins…
The ONLY reason I would want Trump to win is to show how ridiculous this claim is. No matter who wins we will have another election in 4 years. Anyone claiming otherwise is beyond stupid.

🙄

The ONLY reason I would want Trump to win is to show how ridiculous this claim is. No matter who wins we will have another election in 4 years. Anyone claiming otherwise is beyond stupid.
ok. Fair enough. But if project 2025 enables as much of being in a dictatorship as possible (firing everyone not bending the knee, Eloon running business issues for the country, Sipreme Court on the take, bowing down to Putin and giving up Ukraine, etc) doesn’t f*ck things up forever, why can you be so sure? You will let this happen to keep women from choosing….call me stupid.

Reactions: BGHAWK
I don’t know enough about Iowa’s delegation to Congress…Trump will still take Iowa but any chance a few down ballot races could flip?
It's the Selzer poll, so it's the grade A gold standard poll. If accurate, I think the Presidential poll represents backlash against extremist one party MAGA Republican control of the state. Iowa has never had to deal with this before, Republicans here unlike in other solid Red States have always had to contend with the possibility of being thrown out of office if they went too radical. Reynolds and the Republicans in the legislature over the last several years have acted as if they have permanent control over the state and have acted without restraint.

Democrats are trying very hard to flip Iowa 1 (my district and includes Iowa City), we've been getting saturation TV commercials from Dem Christina Bohannan and next to nothing from Repub Mariannette Miller-Meeks. Ratio of TV ads is probably 90% Bohannan to 10% Meeks although it's possible that Meeks has given up on the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City Media Market and is concentrating on Davenport (the other TV market in this district). The problem with Bohannan is the general problem with Democrats, the campaign is timid/wimpy and she's doing the same thing as two years ago, trying to run on out-of-touch lobbyist controlled Meeks rather than taking the Republicans head-on with their MAGA bullshit.

Miller-Meeks had a far-right Republican challenger in the primary so had to run on pro-MAGA bullshit, including an ad that invoked Caitlin Clarke in an anti-trans spot that was very controversial and may have a backlash effect into the general election.

But if Trump only wins Iowa by 4 pts, the Dems will probably flip this seat. They can also potentially flip Iowa 2 which includes Polk County (Des Moines). Ashley Hinson in Iowa 3 (Waterloo and Cedar Rapids) is probably safe. And Iowa 4 is Steve King's old district and is like a rural Nebraska/Kansas solid red district.

In the long term, I still think Republicans may have problems in Iowa 10 yrs plus down the road. Rural Iowa continues to empty out and the two fastest growing counties in the state are Johnson (Iowa City) and Polk (Des Moines). I know it seems like Iowa City picks up at least one house legislative seat after every census. But I guess who knows what the future political landscape is going to look like after 2030.

It seems like Republicans may have gone too far in this state and may face some consequences this year, but we'll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: MitchLL
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT