ADVERTISEMENT

007 is getting a make over.

A woman being a spy is not the issue. Hell, I love ScarJo as Black Widow and she's a superspy Avenger. The issue is a female 007. 007 is James Bond, a male. Period. End of story. I will refuse to acknowledge this 007 exists.
And, James Bond is simply one of many 007s. Don’t get too worked up over a fictional character.

So many snowflakes scared of women.
There have been soooo many movies with sexy women playing assassin/spy roles, why not bond?

You are wrong. Everybody excepted a normal girl with a pistol being able to hang with Gods in the Avengers.

There have been soooo many movies with sexy women playing assassin/spy roles, why is it necessary to hijack Bond?

To mix things up a bit? Because younger generations are ok having a woman in a lead super hero / spy roll, as proven by Wonder Woman’s box office take. Because they want to get women coming to these movies too.

Wonder Woman was always female character.

This is like a woman being cast as Superman.

You missed my point. Wonder Woman CRUSHED the other Justice League movies. Like destroyed them.
They are not making these moves to be woke. They are making them to get more people in the seats and appeal to the age group that goes to movies, which are no longer boomers. You see it with sports, who have figured out there is huge merchandising and apparel market they were missing out on about 6-7 years ago.

You missed my point. Wonder Woman CRUSHED the other Justice League movies. Like destroyed them.
They are not making these moves to be woke. They are making them to get more people in the seats and appeal to the age group that goes to movies, which are no longer boomers. You see it with sports, who have figured out there is huge merchandising and apparel market they were missing out on about 6-7 years ago.

You missed MY point.

These gender-bending remakes don't work.

An Agent 99 movie would probably crush it. Casting a woman as Agent 86? Not so much.

That’s why Oceans 8 and the female Ghostbusters did so well.
Oceans 8 did not do much worse than 13. The movie was just not that good. Ghostbusters was terrible.

Flipping things for one character is tad different than one code name spy character. If it is good movie, people will come. Hilarious so many people are triggered by the audacity a woman could play 007.

Oceans 8 did not do much worse than 13. The movie was just not that good. Ghostbusters was terrible.

Flipping things for one character is tad different than one code name spy character. If it is good movie, people will come. Hilarious so many people are triggered by the audacity a woman could play 007.
Not liking it = triggered automatically ?

so every liberal will love this and every conservative will hate it. By law?

Doesn’t this go against the assertion you made earlier about snowflakes not wanting to see women in strong roles? Maybe it has nothing to do with women being in strong roles but instead taking established movies and rebooting them, changing nothing but adding women into the lead roles and expecting audiences to eat it up.

007 would always sleep with the hot double agent before killing her.

Not sure that plays out the same way with a female 007....
giphy.gif

worked ok in Atomic Blonde

So, how do you feel if it is Dockery taking the role of 007? I don't know how physical they'd make the role, but she is so talented I'd love to see her get a shot. Maybe more guile, and less brute force?

So, how do you feel if it is Dockery taking the role of 007? I don't know how physical they'd make the role, but she is so talented I'd love to see her get a shot. Maybe more guile, and less brute force?
:D

Has it been revealed if Lynch's character will be 007? All I've seen is that she's a 00 agent and it hasn't been specified what number.

At any rate, I plan to watch "No Time to Die" because I like Daniel Craig and because it features Ana de Armas as a CIA agent.

ana-de-armas-hot-2.jpg
“He said, ‘Part of the movie takes place in Cuba. This role doesn’t exist, but I think I’m going to write something for you. Do you want to do it?’” she said. On top of being offered a custom-tailored Bond role, Emmy-winning “Fleabag” creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge was going to write her dialogue, which sent her excitement skyrocketing. “I was like, ‘Aaaaaah! Of course.’ And then I was like, ‘Wait — I’d like to read it first.’”https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...2019-11-22/ana-de-armas-knives-out-james-bond

Reactions: TJ8869
“He said, ‘Part of the movie takes place in Cuba. This role doesn’t exist, but I think I’m going to write something for you. Do you want to do it?’” she said. On top of being offered a custom-tailored Bond role, Emmy-winning “Fleabag” creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge was going to write her dialogue, which sent her excitement skyrocketing. “I was like, ‘Aaaaaah! Of course.’ And then I was like, ‘Wait — I’d like to read it first.’”https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...2019-11-22/ana-de-armas-knives-out-james-bond
Ana is a certified smokeshow. She's one of the hottest women on the planet.

ana-de-armas-black-dress-2019.jpg

ana-de-armas-for-vera-magazine-february-2018-0.jpg

Reactions: WisestIowan
A woman being a spy is not the issue. Hell, I love ScarJo as Black Widow and she's a superspy Avenger. The issue is a female 007. 007 is James Bond, a male. Period. End of story. I will refuse to acknowledge this 007 exists.

I don't think it's so much that because I don't think there would be an issue with having a black 007.

The big problem that I see with making it a woman is that people expect 007 to be a suave womanizer. He bangs a new girl every movie.

Now either you are going to have to change that aspect of the character or something because like it or not people do not expect that out of women and would find the whole thing extremely odd. Plus you are going to have to change the name of the character (Jane Bond?) Idris Elba could have been James Bond, he could have been the suave womanizer. And they could have collected SJW points for having the first black Bond. This however is a bad idea.

I think it's telling that they felt the need to have a retired 007. I'm not a James Bond fanatic by any means, don't think I've seen more than a couple of movies but I don't think they've ever had a retired 007 in there to hand off the baton. The new James Bond just sort of shows up.

Honestly I think this is going to fail miserably. And I find it kind of sad for the whole idea of having more female leads that writers can't write them into their own roles but feel the need to shoehorn them into roles that just where not made for them. Everyone tries to turn it into "you don't like strong female leads" which is a BS argument. I as well as most people saw all of the Hunger Games movies, more than one in the theater. Captain Marvel was also a good movie. The new Star Wars movies suck but not because of Rey but because of terrible writing.

The thing I don't like is shoehorning a female character into a franchise/role that was already made for a male character. James Bond is one of those cases. It's made for a male. James Bond is a character made for a male. His name is JAMES

Where else is the 007 franchise supposed to go? You can't just keep using a shaken not stirred womanizer as your lead decade after decade. That gets boring. Every other series is finding new material. Star Wars has entirely different characters and storylines now. Same with the Harry Potter universe. 007 has to do the same.

Iron Man is now a black teen girl.

The latest film adaptation of Little Women has been savaged for failing to check the required inclusivity boxes.

Reactions: Scruggs.buster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT