ADVERTISEMENT

1-15

I mean, you're right, but these are our best shooters (Garza and Wieskamp) and we want them shooting. We can't refuse to shoot 3s, and the next options are Pemsl, Kreiner, McCaffery, and Toussaint - not great.

So what should Fran do differently? Tell them to make 3s instead of missing them? Shoot less 3s in general? Sometimes you just shoot poorly and you lose the game, I dont think there's too much more to read into this one.

I mean, you're right, but these are our best shooters (Garza and Wieskamp) and we want them shooting. We can't refuse to shoot 3s, and the next options are Pemsl, Kreiner, McCaffery, and Toussaint - not great.

So what should Fran do differently? Tell them to make 3s instead of missing them? Shoot less 3s in general? Sometimes you just shoot poorly and you lose the game, I dont think there's too much more to read into this one.

No one mentioned Fran until you did.

Winnable game, didn't shoot well enough to win, MSU did good job defending Garza, on to next game.

I'm not sure we want JW shooting when he clearly doesn't want to be shooting :(.

Usually this time of year, in a league as physical as the Big Ten, no team is completely healthy. You've got to grind through it. Iowa could have won this game tonight without CJ. Kriener and McCaffery played well, Luka wore down, playing 40 minutes was too much for him to be productive in the later stages of the game. Evelyn and Toussaint struggled against experienced MSU guards which was no surprise -- but Wieskamp's play was most disappointing. They got into his head tonight and he couldn't ever break out of his funk. If he has a normal game, Iowa wins even without CJ.

Usually this time of year, in a league as physical as the Big Ten, no team is completely healthy. You've got to grind through it. Iowa could have won this game tonight without CJ. Kriener and McCaffery played well, Luka wore down, playing 40 minutes was too much for him to be productive in the later stages of the game. Evelyn and Toussaint struggled against experienced MSU guards which was no surprise -- but Wieskamp's play was most disappointing. They got into his head tonight and he couldn't ever break out of his funk. If he has a normal game, Iowa wins even without CJ.

You're kidding, right?

Iowa has been very shorthanded ever since the @ISU game ended - even when CJF is healthy enough to be on the floor.

I wonder if the committee will consider that CJ has been injured if we win the last couple of games (assuming he’s back before the tournament).

it was nice to see them defend much better on the road like also in MN than earlier this year and past years---usual caveats about MSU missing open 3s notwithstanding

He has a normal game they win. Not sure why it's not working for him the last few games but he needs to get it back, and soon.
he needs to do the old "Steve Kerr reboot." Supposedly Steve Kerr was in a bad shooting slump once and Phil Jackson suggested that he go out with Dennis Rodman and get totally wasted. It apparentliy worked, and Kerr later compared it to restarting a computer. He started getting really hammered 3-4 times a year when he thought he needed it to reset

Because it's true,.. When I look at the Penn State, Nebraska, Indiana & Michigan State losses I see us winning at least two, if not three, with a healthy CJ on the floor...

I don't know about Indiana. Iowa was getting killed even before he got injured.

A big difference in the game and any game played there can be found strolling the sidelines. Why he and other coaches are allowed to act the way they do is beyond me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT