ADVERTISEMENT

1/2/21 Other B1G (& general cbb) games

HawkBall23

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2001
With Iowa pulling out a huge win this afternoon, I am now pulling for an ILL & MSU loss tonight.

PU @ ILL, 5p CST on BTN
MSU @ NEB, 7p CST on BTN
Duke @ Florida St, 7p on ESPN2 (GO FSU)

Hoiberg seems to have built the worst team in B1G. I don't see how MSU loses.

I fear the only win for Nebraska will be if they put 5 guys on Garza and Iowa goes 1/30 from 3pt line or whatever it was that happened last year to Iowa at Nebraska.

So, IOW, Illinois is the most talented but not the smartest (or has the most 'basketball sense').

tenor.gif

^ I have rose-tinted glasses, so take this with a grain of salt ... but I maintain a lot of that is our freshmen and Underwood taking an Izzo-style approach to the season. In other words, we are trying to work out our kinks now.

Our freshmen are too talented to not get time, but they’re figuring things out and so is the rest of our team in finding a groove. Our VERY clear turnover issue is almost entirely due to this, IMO. I am optimistic consistency will not get worse as the season goes on, and I think the March Illini will be a LOT tougher than the January Illini.

Nice win today at RU. That place is a hard gym to play in, and RU is a legit contender this year. Hawkeyes showed some toughness.

When MSU is right, they are already on their way to double-digit lead in this one.

Guess the headband-wearing PG and Tillman really were 'the team' last year.

I think the March Illini will be a LOT tougher than the January Illini.

You'd better hope you shoot free throws better by March or your stay in the tourney will be short and uneventful. Hell, you shoot like that against Northwestern and you are going to lose.

Curbelo is good, crafty and smart. Fun to watch.

I don't think any team can be measured by how they look against PU because PU is all about shitting up the game and making it as hard as possible to even move out there.

Does anyone fan his own balls more than Big Ten Geek? tool.

Last edited:
So, this week's top 10 victims are #3 KS, #7 TN, and #9 WV, which spot does IA leap to? I think between 7 - 5. IA is back to moving on up! :)

So, this week's top 10 victims are #3 KS, #7 TN, and #9 WV, which spot does IA leap to? I think between 7 - 5. IA is back to moving on up! :)
‘you left off Houston (5) lost to Tulsa I believe
I say 6.. Wisconsin also with a bad loss this week

God I'm loving this season!

Instead of wondering if the Hawks will be ranked now after wins vs NW and @ RU, we're instead wondering if they'll be back in the Top5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT