ADVERTISEMENT

#1 kicker Scott Starzyk commits to hawks

Drew Stevens is a JR and if he is back to form he will be the kicker for 2 more years. But good to have insurance in a back up with a big leg.

He could even take on the kickoff duties from Stevens because the hawks are going to score so many times this year we do not want Drew's leg to get strained.

• Love
Reactions: LukaDuka
I don't remember that at all so I had to look it up. He had six punts, all in 2001. Even with the hint, I still don't remember it. Why was that? Injury? Shitty punter the time? I remember that part of the game being a struggle in the '02 orange bowl year, but I have zero recollection of Kaeding ever punting.
He wasn't Tory Taylor good, but he was good enough to be a starter. I'm not sure that KF ever publicly spoke on it, but I recall others saying that he was concerned about Nate getting hurt and then not having a punter or a PK.

Well, about 70,000 of us did see something like that in 2015 when Marshall Koehn boomed a 57-yard FG to beat Pitt on the last play of the game, a kick that sent Kinnick into a frenzy. Seeing that in person was, indeed, "more exciting than a TD." It split the uprights and probably would have been good from at least 65 yards. The FG was set up by a CJ Beathard run on which he went down on purpose to save time for that final FG attempt.
All the better with Tyler Boyd under the uprights watching it go through like “are you effing kidding me?”

Reactions: Beattheohiostate
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT