ADVERTISEMENT

#1000pages FSU Third Natty (Women’s Soccer 2021 & 2023, and Cheerleading 2023 achieved)

Interesting quotes from running back/OL. It’s unfortunate we could not have figured this out in late August of 2019 or 2020, watching him hit 40 and 48 bombs.

On what Travis' mobility does to help rest of offense:

Toafili: "They always have to worry about him. So they can't really just focus on one person. We will have two backs in the backfield, and him, so like it will be a triple threat type deal. He is just a very versatile person. He is good."

Love-Taylor: "It changes the defensive lines rush a lot because now they have to respect the draw. So that might change up if they are running twists or not, because they don't want to leave holes in the middle and they know he'll take off, or even if protection breaks down, he can get out of it and use his legs to create a play."

Last edited:
Fagan is a senior, so this move wasn't to clear out roster space.

Do you think this was his decision to get more playing time elsewhere, or is a behavior/culture issue?
I’m guessing a combo of PT and new culture. He played Saturday, but a lot of younger players played more than him.

I really believe that FSU doesn’t have to have a Top 10 class to compete. I believe they need a Top 10 OLine and DLine class. The other positions, they need athletes and need a good class, but improving a few areas can go a long way.

Reactions: noleclone2
There are some (small) signs of life in the offensive side of the ball. Saw a pocket form a couple of times last night. One of the upsides to Travis, outside of immediate production, is this is what the offense will/should look like with Purdy. So there won’t be a dramatic shift to play call, skill set, and identity. The defense still looks terrible. Part of it is the players are still thinking too much. You can see them missing a beat or two and not getting to their spots. There are still some fundamental issues as well, obviously (setting the edge is one).

Didint have high expectations for the season, so the results are not surprising. I would like to see some growth and cohesion (not a cluster eff).

There are some (small) signs of life in the offensive side of the ball. Saw a pocket form a couple of times last night. One of the upsides yo Travis, outside of immediate production, is this is what the offense will/should look like with Purdy. So there won’t be a dramatic shift to play call, skill set, and identity. The defense still looks terrible. Part of it is the players are still thinking too much. You can see them missing a beat or two and not getting to their spots. There are still some fundamental issues as well, obviously (setting the edge is one).

Didint have high expectations for the season, so the results are not surprising. I would like to see some growth and cohesion (not a cluster eff).
Agree. I really like the style JT plays with and it is contagious to his players. He plays hard and smiles. He has emerged as a leader for the offense. The D has no such person yet. The D line has been such a disappointment but the biggest thing to me is the defensive team speed for defensive front and linebackers is shockingly bad. Our defensive tackles and ends look about as fast and athletic as an offensive line and our linebackers are for most part really slow. It’s easy for our opponents to simply run out or around what little pressure we get. Just zero pursuit speed. We are not accustom to opposition players in trouble consistently just simply running to the edge and out of it. Not anymore. Asante and Amari are the only real good players right now. The rest are a slow, weak, scared, and/or too young hot mess.

Last edited:
Bobby’s out of the hospital.
tenor.gif

Following the footsteps of legacy Devin Bush.

So are the twitter rumors about Bobby being back in the hospital and on hospice true? Allegedly happened last night after a nonCovid related stroke. The most reliable person reporting it is FSUEyedoc and I know he’s lost a lot of cred.

(Quick update: I see Brendan Sonnone is now reporting it on 247 so at least part of that must be true. Very unfortunate, but not inconsistent with what happens to a lot of Covid “survivors”. It seems to trigger some overreaction in the bodies defenses and which cause strokes, heart attacks and even newly onset diabetes).

Last edited:
So are the twitter rumors about Bobby being back in the hospital and on hospice true? Allegedly happened last night after a nonCovid related stroke. The most reliable person reporting it is FSUEyedoc and I know he’s lost a lot of cred.

(Quick update: I see Brendan Sonnone is now reporting it on 247 so at least part of that must be true. Very unfortunate, but not inconsistent with what happens to a lot of Covid “survivors”. It seems to trigger some overreaction in the bodies defenses and which cause strokes, heart attacks and even newly onset diabetes).

Well, Branden Jennings just committed to Michigan. His reason? Our defense sucks and we lose too much.

He aint wrong as of the last 2 years and this season. The question for the incoming players is Norvell the guy to get FSU back to the winning ways and how long with that take? FSU will be back, it just depends on when and who will be part of the squad that does it.

He aint wrong as of the last 2 years and this season. The question for the incoming players is Norvell the guy to get FSU back to the winning ways and how long with that take? FSU will be back, it just depends on when and who will be part of the squad that does it.

Get used to it. We'll see if Saturday's game changes the trajectory of the season, but blue chips don't normally commit to 3 or 4 win teams. They just don't. And it's not like 2013/14 is exactly fresh to kids this age.

It's probably a long haul...we're going to have to get good with 3-star guys before we can get great with 4/5 star guys...this is years in the making. That said, for as bad as we've been for years now, I can't recall seeing FSU make measurable observable improvement over three consecutive games. Also, for the first time, I'm seeing a coaching staff that coaches and game plans for what they actually have to work with, rather than what they wish they had.

We've got five winnable games left. NC State lost their quarterback, Pitt is not as good as advertised. If this team can win three of those five to get to 5-6, I'll take that as a fairly positive "year zero" outcome given what I was thinking after the first six quarters of the season.

Get used to it. We'll see if Saturday's game changes the trajectory of the season, but blue chips don't normally commit to 3 or 4 win teams. They just don't. And it's not like 2013/14 is exactly fresh to kids this age.

It's probably a long haul...we're going to have to get good with 3-star guys before we can get great with 4/5 star guys...this is years in the making. That said, for as bad as we've been for years now, I can't recall seeing FSU make measurable observable improvement over three consecutive games. Also, for the first time, I'm seeing a coaching staff that coaches and game plans for what they actually have to work with, rather than what they wish they had.

We've got five winnable games left. NC State lost their quarterback, Pitt is not as good as advertised. If this team can win three of those five to get to 5-6, I'll take that as a fairly positive "year zero" outcome given what I was thinking after the first six quarters of the season.

Agreed across the board. Just hate seeing legacy kids go elsewhere. That hurts in the pride / family area...
But it is gonna be an issue till FSU shows it can win (at all) and then with lesser players. I don't hate on WT for his failings, but he will have his thumbprint on the program for another season or three. It is what it is.

Agreed across the board. Just hate seeing legacy kids go elsewhere. That hurts in the pride / family area...
But it is gonna be an issue till FSU shows it can win (at all) and then with lesser players. I don't hate on WT for his failings, but he will have his thumbprint on the program for another season or three. It is what it is.

Yep. A pretty vicious storm of Jimbo decline, WT, no athletic director, lame duck president, booster/athletic department misalignment...it's a huge freaking mess.

Then add COVID, and this is a really deep hole. I think there's some light at the end of the tunnel, but it's a long way away.

COVID has been brutal on this staff. Obviously, it's totally unpredictable, but the fact that this staff didn't have much Florida experience, and the fact that most of them came from lower level schools, means recruiting shutting down has been devastating. It was essential that these guys had time to make connections and relationships in Florida, plus with higher level recruits than they were involved with in their previous roles.

I don't have a problem with this staff and the way it was constructed, but it's like it was designed to be utterly screwed over if you shut down visits. And basically, this is a totally lost year in evaluating whether this staff can recruit or not. We won't know for another full cycle if there are real deficiencies there.

I hesitate to even say this...but if you really squint, you finally can see a future where the OL and QB rooms aren't absolute disasters. If Love-Taylor comes back for another senior year, you might have Washington and Robert Scott at tackle, Love Taylor and Lucas at guard, and Williams at center...that's starting to look like an OL that won't get just totally embarrassed by merely mediocre college D Linemen. It's a long way from winning the line of scrimmage against ND or Clemson, but the first step is being able to handle the merely average DLs in the league.

At this point, I'm probably most concerned about the defensive end position. We're not getting much pressure from our current ends that our seniors, and I don't see any monsters coming up. And elite ends are at too great a value, they're not going to a destination like FSU right now. At this point I'm most concerned where we're going to get our pass rush.

Reactions: mnole03

Unfortunately, I think you're correct.

All but one of the remaining games is winnable. 7-4 would obviously be a huge improvement and a remarkable turnaround. 6-5 would be considered a success. I'll take 5-6, I guess.

Reactions: noleclone2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT