ADVERTISEMENT

11 Commits - Who next?

Heard petty much this exact same narrative out of summer last year, and we saw what happened. They'll either be much improved or there will be coaching changes next year. Like you said, only time will tell.
last year OL many were counting on Kallenberg and Ince playing. but guess what neither played, gee 2 SR's did not play. now I wonder how much did that impact they had on the OL play. well come on you so called experts?

Similar to the vast majority of the posters? Even some karnack that tends to attack posters who don’t share the same view as them

So maybe review your post and apply to yourself

Who the f*** are you? Some angry nobody hiding behind multiple screen names?
most know who I am and what I have done. having coached for 45+ years I have learned a lot in my lifetime and have forgotten alot over that time than most of you will ever know.

most know who I am and what I have done. having coached for 45+ years I have learned a lot in my lifetime and have forgotten alot over that time than most of you will ever know.
If most know then sharing your name should be no issue.
With your inability to stay on topic or be factually accurate the signs are pointing to you forgetting more than you used to know.

OL Colby was a FR AA.as the RG
RB Keagon Johnson set the FR rushing yards in a season 151 carries 779 yards, for a 5.2 ypc this just a couple years after
RB Goodson broke Shaw's record with 134 carries 638 yards for a avg of 4.8 ypc.

that is a good thing going forward.having a solid running game that can make defenses pay for stacking the box. that is the biggest diffrence between KJ and Goodson, KJ is more of a power runner that goes forward, Goodson waited for the hole to open then take off.

the last RB recruit they have committed in the 24 class is Xavier Williams is 6'0 220 lbs, they are going to the bigger back.
Whoever "Keagon" Johnson is. I guess he'd be the WR that basically didn't play last year, so NO. Why would you be quoting what Goodson did as a freshman? That has nothing to do with either the current OL players or coach. This is just one of MANY issues posters have with your schtick. You constantly post stuff thats either TOTALLY false, or TOTALLY not relevant.

last year OL many were counting on Kallenberg and Ince playing. but guess what neither played, gee 2 SR's did not play. now I wonder how much did that impact they had on the OL play. well come on you so called experts?
Half of what you post is just factually incorrect and yet you hold yourself up as an expert on all things related to Hawkeyes football. Kallenberger left in February of 2021, choosing not to play out his 5th year and here you are stating that many last year were counting on him to play. He was already gone a year and a half before the 2022 season even started. With respect to Ince, I'll give you that one, but he was one guard and we had a total shit show at center and both tackle positions.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Half of what you post is just factually incorrect and yet you hold yourself up as an expert on all things related to Hawkeyes football. Kallenberger left in February of 2021, choosing not to play out his 5th year and here you are stating that many last year were counting on him to play. He was already gone a year and a half before the 2022 season even started. With respect to Ince, I'll give you that one, but he was one guard and we had a total shit show at center and both tackle positions.
if you say so. but if Kalenburg left when you said then why did writers say he was going to be the starting RT as he had a covid year that he gave up? so he would have started at RT in 2021 and in 2022 using his covid year in 2022 as a 6th year SR. shocking isn't it.

Plumb was a TE that they converted to tackle. oh well he didn't develop like you thought he should oh well shit happens. DeJong walked on and most walk on OL come on in their RSSR year which is this year.

this year he will be a backup at both tackle spots as IA still needs at least 1 experienced Tackle or else use a true FR this fall.

if you say so. but if Kalenburg left when you said then why did writers say he was going to be the starting RT as he had a covid year that he gave up? so he would have started at RT in 2021 and in 2022 using his covid year in 2022 as a 6th year SR. shocking isn't it.

Plumb was a TE that they converted to tackle. oh well he didn't develop like you thought he should oh well shit happens. DeJong walked on and most walk on OL come on in their RSSR year which is this year.

this year he will be a backup at both tackle spots as IA still needs at least 1 experienced Tackle or else use a true FR this fall.
I will be thrilled for DeJong if he can contribute at a high level as a backup for either tackle. A really big need.

He retired from football in February of 2021. He did not start in 2021. I would like to know which writer was unaware of his retirement from football?

Kallenberger retires

I will be thrilled for DeJong if he can contribute at a high level as a backup for either tackle. A really big need.
they had a walk on on that 2015 team that had to start because of injuries in fact FR Daniels started his 1st ever start against Standfort

not exactly the best time for them to start. in a major bowl.

17 years to become an OL coach at the FBS level. Amazing it took that long. With your vast knowledge do you recall the OL being this bad in KF’s first years?
I do. They were pushed around but i don't remember them making the mental mistakes as bad as last season. But Jones as center was a disaster. I've heard he's improved and is a beast in the weight room. Love Stephens and really think Rusty and Parker will add some experience and leadership. Also love the mean streaks I've seen in Parker and Stephens. This season and next season will tell if we have a good coach. I think we do and hopefully we bring in a steady stream of ol and don't run into the missing upper classman we've had the last 2 seasons.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
they had a walk on on that 2015 team that had to start because of injuries in fact FR Daniels started his 1st ever start against Standfort

AGAIN. This comment has Zero relevance to the discussion about last years OL. As for Plumb, YES he was always a project, which is why we should never have been in the situation where he was the best option at tackle. And yet thats exactly where we were, and we saw the results the last two years....

Reactions: SigMaintHawk
bringing in 2 Under Armour AA should bolster the depth on the OL.

the headliner of the 24 class is Cody Fox a IOL who can play both Guard spots plus the center spot. they are going after the versatle OL in the last couple of classes vs 1 player 1 position type of player. even the RB's can play multiple positions

the players they are getting can play multiple positions. this will cut down on being caught short handed when or if players get hurt and or leave for some reason.

with the swarm now up and has the cash they can use the portal in the future to go get a player to fill a need in the future w/o selling their soles every year.

Ipersonnally like the option of getting 1 to 3 players as needed every year. to fill a position of need.

the headliner of the 24 class is Cody Fox a IOL who can play both Guard spots plus the center spot. they are going after the versatle OL in the last couple of classes vs 1 player 1 position type of player. even the RB's can play multiple positions

the players they are getting can play multiple positions. this will cut down on being caught short handed when or if players get hurt and or leave for some reason.

with the swarm now up and has the cash they can use the portal in the future to go get a player to fill a need in the future w/o selling their soles every year.

Ipersonnally like the option of getting 1 to 3 players as needed every year. to fill a position of need.
Why are we "selling" the bottoms of our shoes, and just how much are we getting? You can't make this shit up. Lol... Maybe YOU should do some "soul" searching before you post....

Reactions: NevadaHawk

They have been using the 'five best regardless of position' mindset for quite awhile. Position flexibility has been their mantra.

Reactions: kceasthawk

Standfort?..hahaha. You're DAF.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT