ADVERTISEMENT

#13 PSU vs #5 Iowa BTT prediction

Originally posted by Hawkeyestate81:
Too close for comfort I fear................
Yep...3-4 point game is the first thing that pops into my mind. Something like oh I dunno...81-77 Hawks.

Everybody's entitled to their own opinion but did you watch PenU play today? They were out rebounded by 20 and shot a little over 50% from the FT line. Nebraska shot 30% for the game and still came within 3 of winning.

I guarantee you Iowa won't be out rebounded by 20 nor will they shoot less than 80% from the FT line. I'm also fairly confident as a team we'll shoot 40% or higher from the field.

Last year the team was nervous and tentative because of the late season swoon, it showed against Northwestern.

^^^^^^^^^^^ (THIS!). Perfect summary of why I feel confident.

Originally posted by hansenhawk:
Go spew your negative crap somewhere else 83hawk! lol
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Phenomenally Frantastic:

Iowa comes out nervous and tentative.

Newbill stays on fire.

Early exit.

PSU 72, Iowa 64

8 seed.
Care to make a friendly wager on that?
Wow- hansenhawk- can you help me fill out the NCAA bracket on Monday? You nailed the entire game in one little post! Did you take Phenom's wager??

Originally posted by paladinhawk:

Newbill stays on fire.

Early exit.

PSU 72, Iowa 64

8 seed.
Iowa's winning streak is just killing you, isn't it? Hard to spew all your negative crap on the board.
This seems like an excellent post now.

Sorry I was right, not my first rodeo.

Honest question, what is Fran's record now in the BTT?

0 - however many years he has been here? Seems like it.

Originally posted by hawk44ever:
Originally posted by Phenomenally Frantastic:

Newbill stays on fire.

Early exit.

PSU 72, Iowa 64

8 seed.
Care to make a friendly wager on that?
Wow- hansenhawk- can you help me fill out the NCAA bracket on Monday? You nailed the entire game in one little post! Did you take Phenom's wager??
Haha, yeah, I don't do quite as well predicting the overall field. Only thing I do know is Iowa usually craps the bed when we most want them not to. ESPECIALLY easy to call it once again this year where the team has been so up and down. 6 game winning streak didn't mean squat to me in a tournament setting.

Good news, who knows, they COULD be the hot hawkeyes again once the NCAA tournament starts, although I would bet the opposite once again. We are cursed, after all.

My advice: First round, go with whoever Vegas has favored. Take all 10 seeds as well. Champ? Kentucky, no body is beating them.

Phenom, what was our wager again? Think it was a grand. let me know if you need my email so I can give you my mailing address.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT