ADVERTISEMENT

#13 PSU vs #5 Iowa BTT prediction

DavenportHawk8

HR All-American
Mar 10, 2014
I think the hawks come out with a purpose and PSU shooting will keep them in it for a half.

I just think the quick turnaround for PSU and the short bench will hurt them in the 2nd half.

Hawk 72
PSU 58

If Penn State makes those 3's which is the only shot they like, they'll stay in it for a while, if not, the Hawks will blow them out. Iowa 74 PSU 58

Originally posted by yiana:
PSU 61
Iowa 55
Posted from Rivals Mobile
say-what17.gif

Hawks by 9

Originally posted by hansenhawk:
Iowa comes out nervous and tentative.

Newbill stays on fire.

Early exit.

PSU 72, Iowa 64

8 seed.
Everybody's entitled to their own opinion but did you watch PenU play today? They were out rebounded by 20 and shot a little over 50% from the FT line. Nebraska shot 30% for the game and still came within 3 of winning.

I guarantee you Iowa won't be out rebounded by 20 nor will they shoot less than 80% from the FT line. I'm also fairly confident as a team we'll shoot 40% or higher from the field.

Last year the team was nervous and tentative because of the late season swoon, it showed against Northwestern.

I tuned into the radio this afternoon and heard Dolphin talking to KXNO about Iowa vs Wisconsin on Saturday so that sealed it for me, PSU 69 Hawks 65

PSU is playing with nothing to lose. But Iowa is playing their best ball right now. If they aren't rattled and stay in the game when PSU makes a desperate run, it ought to be a good win for Iowa. PSU won't score as much as last time. I'm guessing 72-60 Iowa.

Penn State is no gimme. If the Hawks continue to play good defense and shoot halfway decent, they should win.

I believe Nebraskas late push helped make this an emotional win for Penn State and feel they won't have enough fuel to play a solid 40 mins, which is what they will need to beat Iowa.

Iowa 70
Penn State 59

These guys are bottom feeders. If we lose to them on a neutral court, we deserve to stay home for the big dance.

Iowa-71
PSU-63

Originally posted by QChawks:
PSU 72
IA 66

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Way too much negativity here.... Hawks beat them at their place and seeing half a dozen people thinking we're going to lose. A team that has played as well as it has the last 6 games does not go out to an opponent like PSU, given that they just played yesterday as well. Give me the Hawks by 12.

Wow, I see we have a small group of fans that apparently thinks the 2009-10 team will be representing us today. Hawks keep it rolling with an 75-63 win today.

Originally posted by hansenhawk:
Iowa comes out nervous and tentative.

Newbill stays on fire.

Early exit.

PSU 72, Iowa 64

8 seed.
Iowa's winning streak is just killing you, isn't it? Hard to spew all your negative crap on the board.

Originally posted by 1choppa100shots:
I tuned into the radio this afternoon and heard Dolphin talking to KXNO about Iowa vs Wisconsin on Saturday so that sealed it for me, PSU 69 Hawks 65
I don't listen to Dolphin much so I don't know if he's developed a jinx factor as deadly as Zabel. Whenever Zabel would utter the words....."the Hawks control their own destiny".....my whole family would cover our ears and groan, because we knew......it was over. Every time. Personally, I feel Dolph has fallen short of Zabel by every measure......hopefully this one, as well. :)

Originally posted by Suterman:

These guys are bottom feeders. If we lose to them on a neutral court, we deserve to stay home for the big dance.

Iowa-71
PSU-63
It's one game Scoots, but a loss would mean we'd deserve a tough 8/9 matchup and Kentucky waiting. If Iowa wins today, considering preseason expectations, I'd view any additional win this season as gravy.

I think the Hawks win but it will be close, maybe a 5 point game. PSU has nothing to lose, Newbill is good and while we were able to control him for the most part in Happy Valley, I remain skeptical we can do that again. All the talk about getting a chance at Wiscy on Saturday is a little scary. We can't afford anything but focus on the next 40 minutes in front of this team.

It seems like every time Iowa gets going the last couple years, we experience a setback and this game is kind of trap for that happening again. I think Iowa needs this win more for confidence than for NCAA seeding purpose. They have been playing well and just need to continue to reinforce that confidence and thinking for next weekend too. I also think we need at least 3 other guys to show up with AW, he has been carrying the team for the last couple weeks and doing an awesome job of it, but IMO it can easily drain a player and I think this team is really feeding off AW right now.

While I said close game, I would prefer a 20 point lead with 4 minutes to go, so Fran can pull AW, Uthoff and MG early. And extra minutes saved will be valuable later in the weekend.

GO HAWKS!!!

The scoring so far in the tourney looks about right but there are a lot of shots, especially bunnies, being missed. Shonn Morris mentioned how the rims are tight in the arena. We really need to score the basketball and take this game to PSU. We cannot afford to go 4, 5, 6 minutes without a basket today like we were doing earlier in the season.

I still have the Hawks winning a close game 65 - 61.

Go Hawks!!

Yes, all this winning is hurting me deeply. Good news is, its iowa, will turn back around soon. Plus, football is only 5 months away.

This post was edited on 3/12 10:44 AM by hansenhawk

The Great Hawknosticator has spoken. It's alright, you won't be sore. Hawks 73 PSU 54.

So it is written.

This is the type of games where Iowa tends to fall flat on their face....against an opponent they SHOULD beat easily. At least, that has happened all-too-often in our history.

Many fans think it will be close or the Hawks will lose. I don't know what to think. Is this team looking ahead? If they are, then they WILL lose. Are they still focused, taking one game at a time, and not taking anyone lightly? If so, then (barring a horrible shooting performance) the Hawks should win.

I would like to see a win today for no other reason than for confidence purposes going into the NCAA. Win one...and they are playing with house money the rest of the BTT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT