ADVERTISEMENT

133 Targets?

Mocco was prob' the best recruit Zelesky ever landed. Too bad Mocco bailed the Hawkeyes. Perry was from Oklahoma, not NJ.

Watch the video of him on Flo. He was from OK and went to Blair for summer training or something like that. While there, Perry applied to Blair for the fall admission without telling his family because he did not expect to get in. Blair called at the end of summer and gave him late acceptance and his parents freaked out when they found out but eventually let him go.

Watch the video of him on Flo. He was from OK and went to Blair for summer training or something like that. While there, Perry applied to Blair for the fall admission without telling his family because he did not expect to get in. Blair called at the end of summer and gave him late acceptance and his parents freaked out when they found out but eventually let him go.
I know the story. I've seen the video. Attending Blair academy from OK does not make one a Jersey guy.

Do you live in Iowa? How would you know what kind of interest a Jersey kid has in Iowa?

There is some historical evidence that football players from Jersey fit the Iowa mold, unless you are saying that either football players can't be Jersey guys or that Jersey wrestlers are a sub section all their own.

Do you live in Iowa? How would you know what kind of interest a Jersey kid has in Iowa?

I don’t have a clue what kind of interest a Jersey kid has in Iowa. That’s why I’m not making bold statements without any evidence or insight to back it up.

Reactions: el dub
Doesn't the wrestling team have higher expectations, than the football team?
Iowa wrestling will become a bottom feeder of the conference, like its football team, if it builds a team around Jersey people.

There’s doubling down. Then there’s tripling down. Then there’s whatever it is you’re doing here.

There was a time where you made posts that ranged from mildly insightful to intersting. Why did you decide to go the troll route?

There’s doubling down. Then there’s tripling down. Then there’s whatever it is you’re doing here.

There was a time where you made posts that ranged from mildly insightful to intersting. Why did you decide to go the troll route?
I am starting to worry. I have been agreeing with spooner more and more lately. :)

Reactions: el dub
I am starting to worry. I have been agreeing with spooner more and more lately. :)

As Vodka says, Spooner sometimes adds a dose of condescension to his posts, but he is an astute observer and usually spot on.

Last edited:
Well yeah I guess but showing interest in a place then actually being able to fit in once there can be tricky. When he was at PSU, he seemed like an awkward fit around most of his teammates there. Can’t put my finger on why I felt that way but just did. And when he left to go to Rutgers he made it clear he wanted to be around “his people”. In a weird way it made complete sense to me...
This seemed very obvious to me he wanted to be the main attraction not just an attraction. There are many wrestlers in jersey that fit that type of mold and there many that do not. I would take a Cory Clarke over a Suriano any day of the week and twice on Sunday. To say every good wrestler in jersey wants to be star of the show instead of just part of the cast is crazy..

Last edited:
Couple other guys to think about, both Juniors this year.

8 Andrew Alirez Greeley Central CO
9 Theorius Robison Pomona CO

This seemed very obvious to me he wanted to be the main attraction not just an attraction. There are many wrestlers in jersey that fit that type of mold and there many that do not. I would take a Cory Clarke over a Suriano any day of the week and twice on Sunday. To say every good wrestler in jersey wants to be star of the show instead of just part of the cast is crazy..
Personally, I don't think you could take Cory Clark any day of the week. He would kick your butt. :)

Reactions: Grip220
The really silly thing to this thread is the implication that all kids from a certain place think alike. I am sure there are good wrestlers from many states that would love to come to Iowa and on any given night, they may wrestle an equally good kid from that same state that would never want to come to Iowa.

Saying someone from NJ would not want to come to Iowa, as a blanket statement, is a stupid comment. We should go after the best guys that fit our needs and program and work hard to get them, no matter where they are from.

By the way, I am Irish and I love beer, but that's not to say that all......... wait, is that how this one goes? I thought I had this example worked out, but let me take a look at my notes and get back to you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT