ADVERTISEMENT

Your to easy, Fix has and you don't hear me talking about NC when he hasn't even got into college yet. Brock not only beat college kids but also competed against the top senior freestylers in the Nation (I think it was in Vegas) and finished 5th! No NC talk from me until he got in College and then he was having problem getting off bottom in the room. Comes out the gate and beat the NC in his first match, by the way he pinned him too. I think all the hype on our board started then, hey to each their own. I at least got the "Shining Turd Award"! As a poster it's like being a NC (or a high recruit going to Iowa) in the Journalistic world! Az, never said it wasn't good that he beat Picc, but Picc handled him in the rematch which took some of the luster off that win, sort of like the win Fix had over Micic and then Micic took it to Fix a month later. I'm sure every top recruit that Iowa has had became a NC out the gate, I didn't research on that last remark, please correct me if I'm wrong! New theme song on this board

Your too easy. I remember Brock wrestling jaydon Clayton after his senior year. I thought he would easily be a NC the next year.

Tognetti is a self admitted pot-stirrer. Almost to the point that it's hard to get upset with anything he says. But, I have to agree with part of his point and would agree with it NO MATTER WHAT team a High School Sophomore is committed to. There are SOOOOOO many things that could happen that, if forced to bet, you would have to bet against that guy getting 1 NCAA Championship in his career, let alone one his True Freshman season. I already mentioned Marstellar and even Kolat(maybe the biggest High School recruit EVER) was 22-5 and didn't win it all(he did take 2nd) as a true freshman.

Just a small list that could affect him from now til then.

1.)Growth spurt
2.)Girls
3.)Boys(I kid,sort of, now a days you never know)
4.)Academics
5.)Interests
6.)Injuries
7.)Girls-This is a factor that doesn't get spoken in message boards that often that really is HUGE.
8.)Burn out
9.)Family issues
10.)tragedies(I knocked on wood before, during and after typing this)
11.)College lifesytle(ie., freedom mixed with an incredible amount of responsibility mixing school work, wrestling and a social life with no parents around to keep you in line).

Freshmen are coming into DI more college ready than ever and I still would bet against every single one of them winning an NCAA Championship.

Last edited:
yea togs really going out on a limb saying a kid who just finished his soph year in high school won't win ncaas as a true freshman(nostradomas), but making fun of iowa posters saying it on an iowa wrestling board tough titties get over yourself.

yea togs really going out on a limb saying a kid who just finished his soph year in high school won't win ncaas as a true freshman(nostradomas), but making fun of iowa posters saying it on an iowa wrestling board tough titties get over yourself.
Lighten up wast21, you sure took me as a serious person. I post over here about as much as 90% of the posters on this board. Good or bad it's always more in fun, but sometimes a reality check can be a good thing! Checks and balances Wasd. The other 10% names are

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT