ADVERTISEMENT

198 Traitors to the US Constitution

Well, I'M thinking!

Mr Bean Eating GIF

Reactions: cigaretteman
There’s no bigger traitor on the invasion of illegals than Mike ‘the speaker’ Johnson.

There are some AS big…but none bigger.

We already have laws on the books against shooting people, but we still want laws against certain guns, certain ammo, certain mags, laws that say you can't bring guns to schools, no guns in banks, etc.

I mean why do we need a law against an AR-15 if it's already illegal to shoot people?

We already have laws on the books against shooting people, but we still want laws against certain guns, certain ammo, certain mags, laws that say you can't bring guns to schools, no guns in banks, etc.

I mean why do we need a law against an AR-15 if it's already illegal to shoot people?
7134b17b-eb7b-4742-ace6-a38381c02f94_text.gif

Why do we need a law demanding proof of citizenship or ID's if it's already illegal to vote if you arn't a citizen.

Honestly trade. . . require government issued photo ID's nationwide for voting in exchange for a universal background check system on firearms including private sales with appropriate legal punishments for those who defy the system. If you sell a gun and it's used in a crime by someone else and you didn't do a background check. 5 years in prison, you are a felon and you arn't allowed to own guns again. If we find out that your gun was sold without a background check but wasn't used in a crime. You are fined 10% of your gross income from last year's tax returns.

Why do we need a law demanding proof of citizenship or ID's if it's already illegal to vote if you arn't a citizen.

Honestly trade. . . require government issued photo ID's nationwide for voting in exchange for a universal background check system on firearms including private sales with appropriate legal punishments for those who defy the system. If you sell a gun and it's used in a crime by someone else and you didn't do a background check. 5 years in prison, you are a felon and you arn't allowed to own guns again. If we find out that your gun was sold without a background check but wasn't used in a crime. You are fined 10% of your gross income from last year's tax returns.
No argument here.

How else do you confirm a potential voter's citizenship?..., I'll hang up and listen.

You are missing the point as it was in a reply to "Why do we need a law against AR15's if it's illegal to shoot people"

The idea in both cases is to prevent it from happening rather than just jail people afterwards.

I'm fully willing to have a nationwide requirement of a government issued photo ID to vote in exchange for a nationwide universal background check law which covers private sales and severely punishes those who sell without doing the background check. This would include gun registration so that we know who the hell sold the gun.

You are missing the point as it was in a reply to "Why do we need a law against AR15's if it's illegal to shoot people"

The idea in both cases is to prevent it from happening rather than just jail people afterwards.

I'm fully willing to have a nationwide requirement of a government issued photo ID to vote in exchange for a nationwide universal background check law which covers private sales and severely punishes those who sell without doing the background check. This would include gun registration so that we know who the hell sold the gun.

I see,.. I would be good with that as well.

I didn't do a detailed dive on the proposed requirement, but how do states that primarily do mail in voting handle this?

I didn't do a detailed dive on the proposed requirement, but how do states that primarily do mail in voting handle this?

They don't,.. States are currently prohibited from asking for proof of citizenship...

So states can no longer do mail in voting if this passes?

Seems to me that you could or at least should be able to send a copy of your government issued ID along with your ballot.

I mean recently got my birth certificate and all I had to do was send Black Hawk County a copy of my drivers license along with a notarized app and $15.

I mean if you wanted to have people send in their ballot notarized even I'm fine with that. Heck as a public notary it would probably give me more to do around election season.

additional food for thought: republicans passed a bill in the House that bans something that was already banned for federal elections.
Unfortunately for everyone in the U.S., there are blue states that give illegal aliens driver licenses making proof of citizenship essential to insure only citizens are voting.

I also find it strange that the left allows millions of people into the country illegally knowing many are drug dealers, child traffickers, criminals and terrorists, putting everyone at risk, while also doing everything possible to prevent voter ID and proof of citizenship. I wonder if there is a correlation between those two facts? 🤔

Unfortunately for everyone in the U.S., there are blue states that give illegal aliens driver licenses making proof of citizenship essential to insure only citizens are voting.

I also find it strange that the left allows millions of people into the country illegally knowing many are drug dealers, child traffickers, criminals and terrorists, putting everyone at risk, while also doing everything possible to prevent voter ID and proof of citizenship. I wonder if there is a correlation between those two facts? 🤔
Some of those blue states only let the illegals vote in federal elections though

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole

Then complain to those states. What the GOP-led House did will have no authority regarding that, even if it came up for a vote in the senate and signed into law to begin with.

additional food for thought: republicans passed a bill in the House that bans something that was already banned for federal elections.
Yup, but there are nuances to the current law. For instance, illegals here before the age of 16 are allowed to vote. Also, in states allowing non-citizens to vote in state or local matters, there must be separate ballots for the state/local elections and federal elections so that non-citizens don't have the opportunity to vote in federal elections. How is that enforced without knowing the citizenship status? If we do the research, it's probably by a signed statement under penalty of perjury. Who, exactly, follows up on that?

Oh, let's revisit your post next time you want a new gun law to prevent murder. Murder is already illegal, isn't it?

Reactions: goldmom
Then complain to those states. What the GOP-led House did will have no authority regarding that, even if it came up for a vote in the senate and signed into law to begin with.
Maybe you didn't think this through, but requiring proof of citizenship would nullify an illegal with nothing more than a drivers license.

You’re trying to argue with stupid.

I'd be for this. Same fine for an ineligible person attempting to vote or allowing someone to vote who is ineligible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT