ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Schedule for Baseball?

Mar 14, 2003
A lot of schools are releasing their schedules. Iowa is not one as of yet. It does appear that Iowa is going to be in Port Charlotte, FL for opening weekend. Iowa plays Ohio State on Sunday Feb 15th in what would be a non-conference game. Iowa does not play tOSU in conference this year. The other two schools that tOSU faces that weekend are Pittsburgh and George Mason. I am not sure if Iowa will face them or somebody else. It's the Snowbird Classic, so a lot of schools are usually down there.

I am very eager to see this seasons non-conference.

I personally would like to see Iowa go play out west. It wouldn't matter if it was New Mexico, Arizona, California, etc.... It seems like they way to often go to Florida and play. I remember Iowa going out west six or seven years ago and playing Fresno State/Dallas Baptist in four games.

Originally posted by IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life:
I personally would like to see Iowa go play out west. It wouldn't matter if it was New Mexico, Arizona, California, etc.... It seems like they way to often go to Florida and play. I remember Iowa going out west six or seven years ago and playing Fresno State/Dallas Baptist in four games.
I think that was 2007? I've been searching for any leads on their schedule as well. Last year's easy schedule gave the guys some confidence but I'd like to see a little more difficult early season slate.

Looks like Iowa will be in Little Rock, Arkansas the second weekend of the season. Missouri State released their schedule and they play Iowa on Saturday Feb. 21st. I am not sure if Iowa plays UALR the other two games or if anybody else will be there. So we are slowly piecing together where Iowa will be each weekend during the non-conference.

Friday Feb. 13 @
Snow Bird Classic, Port Charlotte, FL

Saturday Feb. 14 @ Snow
Bird Classic, Port Charlotte, FL (2)

Sunday Feb. 15 @
Snow Bird Classic, Port Charlotte, FL

Friday Feb. 20 @
Little Rock

Saturday Feb. 21 @
Little Rock (Missouri State)

Sunday Feb. 22 @
Little Rock

Friday Feb. 27 @ Notre
Dame Tournament, Cary, NC

Saturday Feb. 28 @ Notre
Dame Tournament, Cary, NC

Sunday March 1 @
Notre Dame Tournament, Cary, NC

Friday March 6 @
Middle Tennessee State, Murfreesboro, TN

Saturday March 7 @ Middle Tennessee State,
Murfreesboro, TN

Sunday March 8 @ Middle Tennessee State,
Murfreesboro, TN

Wednesday March 11 AIB

Saturday March 14 @ Houston Baptist, Houston, TX

Sunday March 15 @ Houston
Baptist, Houston, TX

Monday March
16 @ Houston
Baptist, Houston, TX

Friday March 20 @ Kansas

Saturday March 21 @ Kansas

Sunday March 22 @ Kansas

Wednesday March 25 Bradley

Friday March 27 Indiana

Saturday March 28 Indiana

Sunday March
29 Indiana

Tuesday March
31 Grandview

Wednesday April 1 @
Western Illinois

Friday April 3 @ Purdue

Saturday April 4 @ Purdue

Sunday April
5 @ Purdue

Wednesday April 8 University
Wisconsin-Milwaukee

Friday April 10 @
Maryland

Saturday April 11 @
Maryland

Sunday April 12 @
Maryland

Tuesday April
14 @ Bradley

Wednesday April 15 Cornell

Friday April 17 Northwestern

Saturday April 18 Northwestern

Sunday April
19 Northwestern

Wednesday April 22 Northern
Illinois

Friday April 24 Nebraska

Saturday April 25 Nebraska

Sunday April
26 Nebraska

Tuesday April
28 Sacramento
State

Friday May
1 @
Michigan

Saturday May 2 @ Michigan

Sunday May
3 @ Michigan

Tuesday May
5 Western Illinois

Friday May
8 Minnesota

Saturday May 9 Minnesota

Sunday May
10 Minnesota

Thursday May 14 @Rutgers

Friday May
15 @Rutgers

Saturday May 16 @Rutgers

Wed-Sat May 20-24 Big Ten
Tournament

Fri-Sun May 29- 31 Regionals

Where did you get this schedule? Nothing is online as of yet....a few quick looks and it is a bit tougher than last year I'd say. The Sacramento State game intrigues me, they will be very tough. Obviously Notre Dame will be at their own tournament, other than that they usually have a few names we will recognize. I know Iowa plays Ohio State that Sunday at the Snowbird Classic, there are so many teams down there though. I wonder who the other two are against.

Missouri State 26-31 in 2014
UA-Little Rock 25-29 in 2014
MTSU 31-27 in 2014
Houston Baptist 23-28 in 2014
Kansas 35-26, NCAA team in 2014
Sacramento State 40-24, NCAA team in 2014

I don't like the B1G scheduling at all. We host Indiana and Nebraska for like the 3rd straight year while going to Purdue, Michigan for consecutive years

Glad it is finally out, I see the Sunday game changed for opening weekend. Ohio State originally had Iowa on their schedule for that Sunday and now we play different teams.

My initial reaction is the obvious. The schedule is a lot tougher than last years in the non-conference. The conference slate wont be easy either, making the Top 8 and B1G tournament will be a challenge. I think Iowa can do it though.

Iowa will definitely have their chances for good wins in the non-conference and a chance to build an RPI up before B1G season.

I am still curious as to how Iowa managed to get Sacramento State to come to Iowa City for a one game midweek game on a Tuesday in April. They must be playing someone in the midwest that prior weekend.

I happened to look at Sacramento State's schedule. They are playing a series @ North Dakota the weekend prior to that Tuesday. So it makes more sense.

This post was edited on 10/7 10:00 AM by IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life

I love the schedule and I agree, it's definitely tougher than last year's. I was talking with a friend who previously worked in the program and is currently with another team and he flat out told me "they're gonna be good; Heller brought in some studs". Pretty exciting time with the stadium work and the change in program culture.

Booker may be the best athlete on a Big Ten baseball roster. Huge pickup for the program. I asked why he wasn't drafted and was told that he made it very clear the type of money it was going to sign him so teams stayed away. I'm very excited about the pitching we can run out there. Barring injuries, and if this team plays up to potential, I don't see any reason they can't make it to the Regional's next June.

Any word on how Calvin Mathews has progressed from his injury last year? Also, any word on Martsching, Kaufman, and Peyton? Are they healthy and throwing?

Next question - how did North Dakota get Sacramento State to come to Grand Forks in the spring? Iowa is practically sub-tropical compared to ND at that time of year.
smile.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Row55:
Next question - how did North Dakota get Sacramento State to come to Grand Forks in the spring? Iowa is practically sub-tropical compared to ND at that time of year.
smile.r191677.gif
As odd as this may sound. North Dakota and Sacramento State are both affiliate members of the WAC (Western Athletic Conference) for baseball. Sacramento State is a member for baseball only. They are basically in the midwest for two weekends. They play North Dakota, then do a Tue midweek vs Iowa, Wed midweek vs Notre Dame and another weekend series @ Chicago State who is a full time WAC member now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT