ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Softball

I admire Drake also, I watched them in the MVC tournament via ESPN3. They seem to have gotten more out of their weight room time than the Hawks have, and they play with a focus the Hawks seldom match. They return almost everyone next season, and just need a good strong #2 pitcher. However they ran into a Wichita State team whose entire lineup bats over .300 for the season. We played DU when we'd found a little pop in our bats, and they were in a bit of a mini-slump.

UNI is also fun to watch, and on a given day can really score but were inconsistent this season. They have a couple of big graduation losses to replace.
Isn't the Northern Iowa coach a former assistant baseball coach under Rick Keller when he was at Northern Iowa? I think that's true. He does stand up to pee so that could hurt his chances of getting the Iowa job but the last time we hired a Northern Iowa coach it worked out pretty well.

Isn't the Northern Iowa coach a former assistant baseball coach under Rick Keller when he was at Northern Iowa? I think that's true. He does stand up to pee so that could hurt his chances of getting the Iowa job but the last time we hired a Northern Iowa coach it worked out pretty well.

Yes, in particular UNI SB coach Jacobs was an assistant under Heller in 2001 when UNI won the MVC tournament championship at then-tough Wichita State and went on to play in the NCAA tournament. After that, Jacobs got into SB as head coach at Cedar Falls HS.

http://unipanthers.com/coaches.aspx?rc=477&path=softball

Yes, in particular UNI SB coach Jacobs was an assistant under Heller in 2001 when UNI won the MVC tournament championship at then-tough Wichita State and went on to play in the NCAA tournament. After that, Jacobs got into SB as head coach at Cedar Falls HS.

http://unipanthers.com/coaches.aspx?rc=477&path=softball

I think Jacobs would be a good choice. But then again, almost anyone would be a better choice than what we have now.

Reactions: SynergyHawk12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT