ADVERTISEMENT

squeezebox

HR Heisman
Mar 6, 2018
Flo wrestling podcast has been conversing about everyone coming back next year. Is this the case? Kemmer would be going into his 40's (joke).

Iowa may have the oldest average age of any team in history next season lol maybe grant leeth can sign up for one more season somehow and start at 149?

Eierman back is awesome but I think a wrestler should only be able to participate in 4 national championship tournaments. This is gonna mess up all the record books.

Reactions: Lsanders20
Pretty certain Kem AND Eireman will be older than any senior Caels ever coached next season and I don’t care nor think it’s any reason for criticism of either program.
No It isnt, but Mark Hall was no spring chicken and neither is Mason Manville and he'll never see the lineup. Cassar had to be up there too. That's aside from the COVID year for Kem and Eireman, which is obviously part of this.

If you've got eligibility, all's fair, so no biggie. Them's the rules.

All that said, F Penn State. ;)

Pretty certain Kem AND Eireman will be older than any senior Caels ever coached next season and I don’t care nor think it’s any reason for criticism of either program.

Well they are still redshirt freshman. Not doing the math, but I'd assume by the time they are seniors they'll be quite old considering they'll have gray shirt, redshirt, and COVID shirt.

Not a criticism, just relevant to the conversation.

Reactions: Gobblin
Eierman back is awesome but I think a wrestler should only be able to participate in 4 national championship tournaments. This is gonna mess up all the record books.

Great point, because we have never recovered from the era before freshmen were eligible and wrestlers went from being able to participate in 3 NCAA tournaments to 4. Life has been an absolute wreck ever since.

Reactions: ChiPackHawk
No It isnt, but Mark Hall was no spring chicken and neither is Mason Manville and he'll never see the lineup. Cassar had to be up there too. That's aside from the COVID year for Kem and Eireman, which is obviously part of this.

If you've got eligibility, all's fair, so no biggie. Them's the rules.

All that said, F Penn State. ;)

Mark Hall would’ve been 23 last March and was held back a year while still in HS. Cassar was 23 when he won his. Not sure on Manville, but as you pointed out, his age is pretty irrelevant here.

Great point, because we have never recovered from the era before freshmen were eligible and wrestlers went from being able to participate in 3 NCAA tournaments to 4. Life has been an absolute wreck ever since.
I actually appreciate this well thought out nugget of sarcasm.

Stevan Micic (Mich) can have 8 or 9 years in when he is done. 👨‍🦳
2015 RS
2016 Olympic RS
2017 4th
2018 2nd
2019 3rd
2020 Olympic RS
2021 COVID
2022 ???? Could be another Olympic RS
2023 ????

Stevan Micic (Mich) can have 8 or 9 years in when he is done. 👨‍🦳
2015 RS
2016 Olympic RS
2017 4th
2018 2nd
2019 3rd
2020 Olympic RS
2021 COVID
2022 ???? Could be another Olympic RS
2023 ????
Is this assuming the olympics don't happen this year? Or will guys be eligible for Oly RS even if the games do happen

Is this assuming the olympics don't happen this year? Or will guys be eligible for Oly RS even if the games do happen
Yeah, assuming a second postponement, he would get a 9th year. That is why I prefaced “Could be another Olympic RS.” I don’t believe they will cancel but they may postpone again. The IOC indicated that they would cancel rather than postpone again but several countries have hinted that they know that Tokyo can’t really afford to take that kind of financial hit.

Have you seen how little McHenry was when he wrestled Heinselman of Ohio State? He might need until 2027 to be a full size 125
Yes which is what made me think of him. Was hoping he's big enough someday because he has the skills

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT