ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Concert Plans

ThorneStockton

HR Legend
Oct 2, 2009
What do you guys have planned for this year? I keep seeing tour dates getting filled in and have made a few plans. All local so far, probably not going to be traveling too far or seeing any giant stadium shows. Am sort of tempted by a camping/overnight festival.

March
Greensky Bluegrass
Mihali
JJ Grey & Mofro

June
Robert Plant and Alison Krause

July
Stick Figure

Saw Kansas a couple of weeks ago. Got tickets to Little River Band in March. That's it so far, but there's more to come for sure.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
So far I only have tickets for Red Clay Strays in July and the Hinterland festival.

I have my eye on several others, but will wait-and-see.

Mitski, Ben Folds if he releases some dates, Tim Minchin, Trombone Shorty, and I’ll need to see what Lolla and Riotfest look like,

And the big one,
Nas-2024-720x400-1.jpg

What do you guys have planned for this year? I keep seeing tour dates getting filled in and have made a few plans. All local so far, probably not going to be traveling too far or seeing any giant stadium shows. Am sort of tempted by a camping/overnight festival.

March
Greensky Bluegrass
Mihali
JJ Grey & Mofro

June
Robert Plant and Alison Krause

July
Stick Figure
Are you seeing Stick Figure in Chicago? That’s as close as they come to where I live. I see they are touring with Soja which sounds fvcking gnarly.

March/Houston Rodeo - Lainey Wilson, Hardy and Eric Church. We may go see Nickelback on a lark because everyone knows all their songs.

June - Steve Martin & Martin Shorts at Red Rocks. Gift for my wife who love Only Murders…

Maybe Christ Stapleton at Minute Maid this fall

Are you seeing Stick Figure in Chicago? That’s as close as they come to where I live. I see they are touring with Soja which sounds fvcking gnarly.

Yeah, I saw them at the same venue last year with Pepper, was an absolute blast. Outdoor portion of a just couple year old venue made out of a old Morton salt shed/storage along the Chicago river.

Reactions: jellyfish10
Mitski, Ben Folds if he releases some dates, Tim Minchin, Trombone Shorty, and I’ll need to see what Lolla and Riotfest look like,

And the big one,
Nas-2024-720x400-1.jpg
Mitski is good but kind of boring, ngl. I saw Nas with Damien Marley in like 2009 for their distant relatives tour.

Reactions: GES4
February - nothing
March - nothing
April - nothing
May - nothing
June - nothing
July - nothing
August - nothing
September - nothing
October - nothing
November - nothing
December - nothing

I’ll be pretty all right if it stays that way as well.

As of now:

March
Hank Williams Jr
Dallas Symphony Orchestra: Chopin & Shostakovich

May
Hamilton
Brit Floyd: PULSE - Celebrating the 30th anniversary of The Division Bell (Pink Floyd tribute show)

Actively looking for others in the area.

March: Brothers Osborn (Des Moines)
April: The Cadillac Three (Springfield, IL)
June: Rolling Stones (Chicago)

We were looking into Hinterland in August, but it sold out right away.

I'm a big fan of bands that still charge $25-50/ticket. Buying those Rolling Stones tickets stung!

Stapleton and George Strait in May and possibly Turnpike Troubadours also. Depends on a former classmate who works for them.
That’s it for now

As of now:

March
Hank Williams Jr
Dallas Symphony Orchestra: Chopin & Shostakovich

May
Hamilton
Brit Floyd: PULSE - Celebrating the 30th anniversary of The Division Bell (Pink Floyd tribute show)

Actively looking for others in the area.
I saw Hank Jr. pre-pandemic. He was a mess and basically slurred through a melody of greatest hits while filling in the dead space with politics. It sucked. Maybe he's cleaned up and wants to make the money.

I saw Hank Jr. pre-pandemic. He was a mess and basically slurred through a melody of greatest hits while filling in the dead space with politics. It sucked. Maybe he's cleaned up and wants to make the money.
The only time I've seen him was back in 1992. He was particularly sober and coherent and put on a really good show. I know enough to know that's more the outlier than the shows where he's not sober. It's at the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo at NRG - so hopefully it's a large enough venue where he'll be motivated to put on a good show. We'll see...

Reactions: BrianNole777
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT