ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Concert Plans

The only time I've seen him was back in 1992. He was particularly sober and coherent and put on a really good show. I know enough to know that's more the outlier than the shows where he's not sober. It's at the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo at NRG - so hopefully it's a large enough venue where he'll be motivated to put on a good show. We'll see...
The rodeo would be a good place to see him because the concert is only 30 minutes - so he'll just roll through the greatest hits. The acoustics at NRG are not great, but it's still a good time. Make sure to make it early enough for the mutton bustin' and the calf rope.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
May
Shaky Knees Music Festival in Atlanta - Noah Kahan, Arcade Fire, Queens of the Stone Age, Weezer, Foo Fighters, etc.

June
Pixies and Modest Mouse

July
Styx and Foreigner

August
Green Day and Smashing Pumpkins
Are you going to the pixies/MM at vibrant in Waukee?

One of the jobs I picked up is at Vibrant Music hall. I'll go to these and whatever else they add:
20240206-131501.jpg

That's just upcoming, Scotty McCreery f.ucking sucked. He spent more time talking than playing and would play a cover foe like a minute and then stop and talk again. The week before flatland calvary was there and they put on a good show.

One of the jobs I picked up is at Vibrant Music hall. I'll go to these and whatever else they add:
20240206-131501.jpg

That's just upcoming, Scotty McCreery f.ucking sucked. He spent more time talking than playing and would play a cover foe like a minute and then stop and talk again. The week before flatland calvary was there and they put on a good show.
Damn, I had no idea Sleep Token was coming there. I probably would have got a ticket to that.

The rodeo would be a good place to see him because the concert is only 30 minutes - so he'll just roll through the greatest hits. The acoustics at NRG are not great, but it's still a good time. Make sure to make it early enough for the mutton bustin' and the calf rope.
I love the mutton busting! The daughter really likes the cutting horse competitions, so that'll be a big part of the day.

I think Hank is the nightly concert - last year we went and saw Luke Bryan and it was a full-length concert.

Reactions: BrianNole777
I love the mutton busting! The daughter really likes the cutting horse competitions, so that'll be a big part of the day.

I think Hank is the nightly concert - last year we went and saw Luke Bryan and it was a full-length concert.

Why don't you just pay them 100K to play at your estate?

Concerts are for middle class people...and poors.

Are they good? One thing I have enjoyed about this gig is getting exposed to shit I would never listen to, and frankly, you have to really suck to nor put on a half ass decent concert.
I just recently stumbled onto them and enjoy their stuff for the most part. It's different, but I'm guessing they'd put on a good show.

Here's what wiki says about them: Sleep Token are a British rock band from London, formed in 2016. The group are an anonymous, masked collective led by a frontman using the moniker Vessel. They have been categorised under many different genres, including alternative metal, post-rock/metal, progressive metal and indie rock/pop.

Full concert--really? Usually the acts are 30 - 50 minutes....maybe an hour. Just enough to get to the hits and then ride around the dirt in a Ford King Ranch.

I am seeing Futurebirds and The Nude Party in Madison and then the next night, Jenny Lewis in Davenport.
That is all I have on tap so far.

Why don't you just pay them 100K to play at your estate?

Concerts are for middle class people...and poors.
I've thought about that before - getting a band to come out and play a random summer birthday party/pool party. Maybe I'll look for a "pricing list" for different bands to see what we'd be talking about.

No way I'd do that with Hank Jr though - I'd be afraid he'd want to crash at my place for a while, then get messed up and start breaking/stealing things.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Full concert--really? Usually the acts are 30 - 50 minutes....maybe an hour. Just enough to get to the hits and then ride around the dirt in a Ford King Ranch.
I looked up the setlist from that show to make sure I wasn't mis-remembering.
  1. I Don't Want This Night to End
  2. Kick the Dust Up
  3. Rain Is a Good Thing
  4. What Makes You Country
  5. Huntin', Fishin' and Lovin' Every Day
  6. Buy Dirt
    (Jordan Davis cover)
  7. Country On
  8. Crash My Party
  9. Waves
  10. Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset
  11. Play It Again
  12. One Margarita
  13. Knockin' Boots
  14. That's My Kind of Night
  15. Country Girl (Shake It for Me)

The tickets were/are definitely regular concert ticket prices. They're not pro-rated like if it was an abbreviated set, and they're not included with event admission.

20240206-131501.jpg

Ascend Amphitheater here in Nashville. I saw Chicago here last year. Great show.

April
ZZ Top
Johnny Holm Band
John Mellencamp

May
Pet Rock

June
BTO
Johnny Holm Band

July
Fleetwood Mac cover
BeeGees cover
Johnny Holm Band

August
Foreigner/Styx
Seen Pet Rock a couple of times, if you love Yacht Rock, you will enjoy

Reactions: NI hawk
May
Shaky Knees Music Festival in Atlanta - Noah Kahan, Arcade Fire, Queens of the Stone Age, Weezer, Foo Fighters, etc.

June
Pixies and Modest Mouse

July
Styx and Foreigner

August
Green Day and Smashing Pumpkins
Shaky Knees is always a good time. May come up from tally to see the foo fighters.

Reactions: OrlandNole
Already did Madison Square Garden to see Billy Joel. Bucket list.

Seeing the Revivalists in Tallahassee. One of my favorite band.

Then Moon Crush in Miramar Beach for a 4 day fest. Lots of great bands.

Seeing the Eagles in Tampa.

That's it so far.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
Already did Madison Square Garden to see Billy Joel. Bucket list.

Seeing the Revivalists in Tallahassee. One of my favorite band.

Then Moon Crush in Miramar Beach for a 4 day fest. Lots of great bands.

Seeing the Eagles in Tampa.

That's it so far.

The Revivalists are fairly new to me, have liked what I've heard and really like a few songs that first got me interested.

It Was a Sin A - favorite so far

Reactions: ericram
The Revivalists are fairly new to me, have liked what I've heard and really like a few songs that first got me interested.

It Was a Sin A - favorite so far
Have seen them 3x live now. They have a solid set of albums. This year will make 5.

See them in Miramar, NOLA 2x their home town.

They are on fire live. Really love playing for the crowd. Huge band. Lots of energy and joy for music. Of they are near see them.

They just got 2 nights at Red Rocks this summer.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
What do you guys have planned for this year? I keep seeing tour dates getting filled in and have made a few plans. All local so far, probably not going to be traveling too far or seeing any giant stadium shows. Am sort of tempted by a camping/overnight festival.

March
Greensky Bluegrass
Mihali
JJ Grey & Mofro

June
Robert Plant and Alison Krause

July
Stick Figure
is it perfectly fine that I have never heard of any of these except plant and krause and they live in austin so I have heard robert plant shows up at callahan's general store???

So far…
May: Portugal. The Man; Cake

June: Robert Plant and Alison Krauss

July: Minnesota Yacht Club - RHCP, The Offspring, Alanis Morissette, Gwen Stefani, Black Crowes
I've seen the Black Crowes quite a few time. They are either the best band in the world or one of the worst depending on the night you get them (and their mood).

Reactions: ping72
Pearl jam x 4-5. Indianapolis, 1 Chicago, 2 Seattle, may be 1 Boston
Cake
Good luck on Indy tickets. That is the make-up show from last years tour. All tickets are sold, so Fan-to-Fan likely won't start showing up to closer to the date. That's what we're counting on, then to Chicago!

I've seen the Black Crowes quite a few time. They are either the best band in the world or one of the worst depending on the night you get them (and their mood).
I saw them last year. They really sucked. Sound was terrible and it was very underwhelming. Disappointed.

Hmm. That page shows Chris Robinson Brotherhood for $50k, but I don't think that played together ĝof

I haven't seen the Crowes, but have heard that before. I did see CR Brotherhood when they first got together; they were terrific, though I was a little bit disappointed that they did not do any BC tunes.

Hmm. That page shows Chris Robinson Brotherhood for $50k, but I don't think that played together ĝof

I haven't seen the Crowes, but have heard that before. I did see CR Brotherhood when they first got together; they were terrific, though I was a little bit disappointed that they did not do any BC tunes.
Yeah, most of it just seemed to be how the group was getting along at that time. I've seen a gazillion shows from all kinds of bands and when they are on, they are great. Problem is, you don't know when that is going to be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT