ADVERTISEMENT

2025 FAU game postponed or canceled?

maryland must have paid them more I'm guessing, beth will have to struggled to find a replacement that matches the quality of FAU lol

Wow. You would think the B1G would not allow a conference team to poach a team off another conference teams schedule with just a few months before the game? Makes you wonder if Iowa already has something in the works and they were fine with this.
hopefully they had to pay an exit fee for the game, regardless it isn't like the missouri incident awhile back since FAU is essentially the pro wrestling equivalent of a jobber

Wow. You would think the B1G would not allow a conference team to poach a team off another conference teams schedule with just a few months before the game? Makes you wonder if Iowa already has something in the works and they were fine with this.
That Aug 30th 2025 game date is 18 months from now. But most teams have their schediles set.

I know, maybe Wash St or Oregon St will have an opening

OK, Beth. Here's one of your first tests. Do NOT replace them with an FCS team. BTW, I noticed that we play UMass on 11/15/25. Weird time for a non-con like that.

Reactions: pistachio1999
This is quite interesting. Letting FAU walk had to be Iowa's call, because I see no way they would have put themselves in this position of having to scramble for an opening day opponent.

For that reason, I'm cautiously optimistic that Iowa will play in the Vegas Kickoff Classic or similar neutral-site game that weekend.

Maybe it could be on a different date in 2025.
Doubt it. Iowa has 9/13 open but FAU is already scheduled for that slot vs FIU. B1G schedule isn't out yet, so maybe they could be scheduled later, but I don't picture Iowa having a bye week Labor Day weekend as well as 2 non-conference opponents scheduled outside of the first 3 weekends.

As I mentioned above, my guess is that Iowa has plans for that weekend and respectfully asked FAU to try to find another opponent.

Iowa's earliest open non-conf slot is in 2027, so maybe they'll get moved to then?

Another thought I had is that the B1G seems to like scheduling 1-2 conference games over Labor Day weekend now, so maybe Iowa is making room for that, like with Indiana in '21.

Reactions: Bierhalter
Iowa message board fans raging about less than nothing.

It’s a day that ends in y.

Reactions: PIEPI
OK, Beth. Here's one of your first tests. Do NOT replace them with an FCS team. BTW, I noticed that we play UMass on 11/15/25. Weird time for a non-con like that.
or the best time for a non-con like that? Give the team a slight rest towards the end, let other teams lose ground in the rankings by losing while we are presumably winning. It is the SEC model and while infuriating it is also totally successful.

I did not realize we play U Mass on November 15 in 2025. What is with playing a game like that late in the season? We turning into the SEC now?

Nice that there will be a guaranteed win, but kind of a snoozer for November.

I did not realize we play U Mass on November 15 in 2025. What is with playing a game like that late in the season? We turning into the SEC now?

Last time Iowa played a November non conference game we lost...

Reactions: BonzoFury

who cares, it seems to work pretty good for the SEC to give starters a bit of a rest

Doubt it. Iowa has 9/13 open but FAU is already scheduled for that slot vs FIU. B1G schedule isn't out yet, so maybe they could be scheduled later, but I don't picture Iowa having a bye week Labor Day weekend as well as 2 non-conference opponents scheduled outside of the first 3 weekends.

As I mentioned above, my guess is that Iowa has plans for that weekend and respectfully asked FAU to try to find another opponent.

Iowa's earliest open non-conf slot is in 2027, so maybe they'll get moved to then?

schedule was announced 4 years ago, but now with the BIG 18 I'm guessing everything is in flux

we dont have a power 5 team on the non-conference schedule for 2025. Probably had to get rid of FAU so we could add one

What five conferences will make up "P5" in 2025?
you-joke.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT