ADVERTISEMENT

2025 recruits low number of commits so far

nosok23

Scout Team
Aug 15, 2023
I see that Iowa has the fewest commits so far in the expanded Big. I assume they will get some with the upcoming weekend. Any concern about this… I’m sure it will work itself out but they need to get some more kids on board unless they are really going transfer heavy this go around…

I see that Iowa has the fewest commits so far in the expanded Big. I assume they will get some with the upcoming weekend. Any concern about this… I’m sure it will work itself out but they need to get some more kids on board unless they are really going transfer heavy this go around…

“That’s recruiting” 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think you answered your own question.

They seem to get half or more of their entire class from this upcoming weekend every year.

The program is completely stale along with having the worst offense seen in Division I in over 30 years last year. Also, our NIL game is not up to par with the majority of P5 programs. It better change quick because the bottom of the Big Ten awaits.

The program is completely stale along with having the worst offense seen in Division I in over 30 years last year. Also, our NIL game is not up to par with the majority of P5 programs. It better change quick because the bottom of the Big Ten awaits.
Oh for heaven's sake, we haven't even had our annual big June weekend visits yet. Let's wait a couple months before getting concerned, shall we?

b457ed4f-13dd-492d-a132-d58e6536298a_text.gif

It is going to be a small class this year. There are only 22 GR/SR on the team, and I believe Wetjen/Nissen are still walk-ons. Nothing to worry about, plus I get the feeling they are wanting to leave some spots for transfers next year.
Never leave spots open for transfers. Iowa will have their own kids that transfer, get injured, leave the program for whatever reason. They will fill the gaps with transfers as necessary.

Does a few mean 50 now? They are still sitting over the limit this year, having an open ship or two is not a major problem.
Just saying they filled some needs through the portal this year. And water will find it's level & the over the limit will work itself out by beginning of the season.

Just saying it may be a better tactic to leave a scholarship or two open rather than Creaning/Deioning kids out of a program.
Can't really do it that way and be highly successful. The whole idea is that you have to compete and earn your spot scholarship. So in that way, you need more guys competing then you have spots available. Hence walk on programs.

Reactions: LukaDuka
Can't really do it that way and be highly successful. The whole idea is that you have to compete and earn your spot scholarship. So in that way, you need more guys competing then you have spots available. Hence walk on programs.
You can do it that way, it is exactly why Borund took a walk-on spot because he is being paid via NIL. Guys like Wetjen should be on scholarship. there is always a walk-on to fill a scholarship spot.

You can do it that way, it is exactly why Borund took a walk-on spot because he is being paid via NIL. Guys like Wetjen should be on scholarship. there is always a walk-on to fill a scholarship spot.
Exactly, so there is never really an open scholarship. They all get filled. As to the original question, no, I am not worried about the size of the class. I do believe and hope that after this season we are able to prove to WR's why they should come here and be able to pull a couple from the portal. Because no matter what happens this year, We are starting to look like we might have a QB for next year as well. We seem to be recruiting well at the OL position. We have a young punter. We have some pretty good TE's and are recruiting well in that area. Have some pretty good RB's with time to play. Phil and company seem to have the defense rolling along nicely. So nope not really worried.

Exactly, so there is never really an open scholarship. They all get filled. As to the original question, no, I am not worried about the size of the class. I do believe and hope that after this season we are able to prove to WR's why they should come here and be able to pull a couple from the portal. Because no matter what happens this year, We are starting to look like we might have a QB for next year as well. We seem to be recruiting well at the OL position. We have a young punter. We have some pretty good TE's and are recruiting well in that area. Have some pretty good RB's with time to play. Phil and company seem to have the defense rolling along nicely. So nope not really worried.
All this is well & good. Just need the O-Line to make a huge jump forward. Hoping the motion offense fixes some of this. I'm ready for some football! LET's F'ing GO!

Community Crypto GIF by OKX

Sorry, I will clarify. Every single scholarship offered by Iowa is a 4 year guarantee, giving a scholarship to a walk-on for a final season is entirely different then offering another scholarship to a kid out of high school is my point. I do fully agree with the WR situation being more than concerning.

All this is well & good. Just need the O-Line to make a huge jump forward. Hoping the motion offense fixes some of this. I'm ready for some football! LET's F'ing GO!
It certainly should, the biggest concern is going to be does Iowa have an actual OT on the roster.

Sorry, I will clarify. Every single scholarship offered by Iowa is a 4 year guarantee, giving a scholarship to a walk-on for a final season is entirely different then offering another scholarship to a kid out of high school is my point. I do fully agree with the WR situation being more than concerning.
Not true, it's a one year renewable contract which can be pulled for a multitude of reasons. And you can google that....

Edit, I understand some D1 are 4 years guaranteed. Not sure when that changed.

Not true, it's a one year renewable contract which can be pulled for a multitude of reasons. And you can google that....
absolutely not, all p5 offers are guaranteed. I would suggest you take your own advice

absolutely not, all p5 offers are guaranteed. I would suggest you take your own advice

lol, yep already edited this.

However:

• Renewability and Underperformance: Athletic scholarships, are often renewable on a yearly basis. This means that they can be revoked due to a variety of reasons, including underperformance, injury, or coaching changes. While a four-year scholarship may initially seem more secure, it can still be canceled or reduced by the college or university.
  • NCAA Regulations: Colleges and universities have the authority to cancel or reduce scholarships based on four reasons stated by the NCAA. These include a student-athlete's voluntarily quitting the team, engaging in serious misconduct, providing false information, or suffering from a disabling injury. It is important for athletes to be aware of these regulations to avoid any unpleasant surprises.
  • Financial Impact: When an athletic scholarship is rescinded, it can have a significant financial impact on the individual and their ability to afford an education. This underscores the importance of understanding the terms and conditions of the scholarship before accepting it, as well as having alternative financial plans in place.

However:

• Renewability and Underperformance: Athletic scholarships, are often renewable on a yearly basis. This means that they can be revoked due to a variety of reasons, including underperformance, injury, or coaching changes. While a four-year scholarship may initially seem more secure, it can still be canceled or reduced by the college or university.
  • NCAA Regulations: Colleges and universities have the authority to cancel or reduce scholarships based on four reasons stated by the NCAA. These include a student-athlete's voluntarily quitting the team, engaging in serious misconduct, providing false information, or suffering from a disabling injury. It is important for athletes to be aware of these regulations to avoid any unpleasant surprises.
  • Financial Impact: When an athletic scholarship is rescinded, it can have a significant financial impact on the individual and their ability to afford an education. This underscores the importance of understanding the terms and conditions of the scholarship before accepting it, as well as having alternative financial plans in place.
P5 scholarships cannot be revoked unless the player quits or breaks team rules, it truly is that simple. It has been provided on this board 100x over.

Reactions: Birky
Iowa will get probably minimum 5 commits from this group that is visiting , On a side note the #4 Women's soccer recruit in Canada for class of 2025 I believe is now an Iowa commit, Family has been a Customer of Mine for a few Years and He told Me the recruiting visit was crazy , took in a Game last Year in Kinnick and remarked how nice all the People were and He checked out some things i put on the list for Him to check out out, good job Hawk Fans You showed that Family what is special about Iowa . I always get comments when sporting the tigerhawk up here .

How many do we have room for

I believe it's been said that Iowa is probably looking for a final class in the mid-teens, so it will likely be a smaller class than the last couple.
You know better than that. Predicting the size is impossible because nobody (not even the coaches) know who is going to transfer; get hurt; flunk out; quit the sport ... etc. Too many variables, especially in the current wild-west atmosphere.

You know better than that. Predicting the size is impossible because nobody (not even the coaches) know who is going to transfer; get hurt; flunk out; quit the sport ... etc. Too many variables, especially in the current wild-west atmosphere.
It's what journalists like Kakert, Dochterman, etc have mentioned.

Obviously that number might well change, but at least in terms of HS recruits at this point it doesn't seem likely they get 20 players this year. That's separate from whatever happens in the transfer portal of course.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT