ADVERTISEMENT

17th out of 18 BIG schools in recruiting. UPDATE: 8/9/24: WE'RE NOW 18th!! 63rd out of 68 P5 teams! 250 2025 4*s and we have 1?!?!

You won't stop it....nor should it be stopped. If people donate then great....let that be something they want to do, enjoy doing and feel good about doing it. If others don't, that is their choice but it does not make them any less of a fan. Everyone has a right to donate/not donate. Everyone has 1A rights as well. You won't shut that down.
You have a choice to impact recruiting for the better by joining SWARM or you can choose to not help improve recruiting by not joining, that's your choice. However, to not join then bitch about the product on the field makes you a hypocrite. So be prepared to be called that, you earned it!!!

You have a choice to impact recruiting for the better by joining SWARM or you can choose to not help improve recruiting by not joining, that's your choice. However, to not join then bitch about the product on the field makes you a hypocrite. So be prepared to be called that, you earned it!!!
At this point there is little to no evidence that donating to the SWARM impacts recruiting for the better.

Serious question: Since BF is no longer part of the U, couldn't he help booster organizations with donations?

Seems like a better (i.e. more realistic) idea than shaming people just getting by to donate.

Serious question: Since BF is no longer part of the U, couldn't he help booster organizations with donations?

Seems like a better (i.e. more realistic) idea than shaming people just getting by to donate.
So you want one of the least popular ex-coaches in the last 30 years of Iowa football to help with donations?

Makes sense I guess. Let's roll with it.

Something has to change SOON! We may win 8-9 games based on defense alone this season but the future is NOT bright. I have given monthly to the Swarm over the past 2 years, but unless the coaches secure some major NIL funding, we are going backwards and my $250/yr is meaningless. We lose most of our defense this year and both our recruiting and transfer portal activity suck ass. 4-6 wins will soon be our max. Missing on either Brooks or Epenesa will be a catastrophic failure. You have to keep the best in-state kids at home and you have to land top rated legacies. The problem is we're trying to sell a '76 dodge pickup to kids who want a tesla.
goodbye Brooks! Another recruiting failure!

Check again....we're 18th now. Kentucky has 7 4 stars and Missouri has 8. We're still stuck on one!!!?!?!? This program is on life support.
One thing is for sure - We are definitely NOT on life support despite our complete incompetence on the offensive side of the ball.

It’s truly sad, though, if we’re last in the conference in recruiting.

Personally, I don't care if we get a bunch of overpriced 4-star prima-donnas, I'll take a chip-on-his-shoulder bargain-basement 3-star to coach up any day of the week.
In the new world, old strategies won’t work. NIL and transfer portal will separate winners and losers going forward. Being 18th in recruiting in the conference should concern everyone regarding the future of this program.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Something has to change SOON! We may win 8-9 games based on defense alone this season but the future is NOT bright. I have given monthly to the Swarm over the past 2 years, but unless the coaches secure some major NIL funding, we are going backwards and my $250/yr is meaningless. We lose most of our defense this year and both our recruiting and transfer portal activity suck ass. 4-6 wins will soon be our max. Missing on either Brooks or Epenesa will be a catastrophic failure. You have to keep the best in-state kids at home and you have to land top rated legacies. The problem is we're trying to sell a '76 dodge pickup to kids who want a tesla.

Brooks isn't coming to Iowa.

OUR money the government is ALLOWING us to keep? Maybe those actually paying taxes have said enough - time to reinvent the putrid stench of unaccountable bureaucratic bloat. You guys sure love your US News horoscope rankings. So sciency.

Dumbass.

We lose most of our defense this year and both our recruiting and transfer portal activity suck ass. 4-6 wins will soon be our max.

200.gif

Check again....we're 18th now. Kentucky has 7 4 stars and Missouri has 8. We're still stuck on one!!!?!?!? This program is on life support.
Holy f..k! Are you serious? You need to smoke some weed or something because you're losing it. Life support? Do you realize that our recruiting the past 3 years has been the best it's been in quite awhile? Who cares where our class is ranked right now? We only have 13 commits & our average ranking of commit is middle of the pack in the BIG no where near the bottom. We'll land some under the radar hidden gems later in the cycle like we always do & btw if we land Iose that will shoot us up your precious rankings too. Calm down sally

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Good logical explanation.

If a player is someone folks want to come see (e.g. Caitlin Clark) they will draw more people to the stadiums, enhance their NIL rating, and end with more money. There's no refuting that.
Giving money to the NIL Collective (SWARM) is the best and quickest way to improve recruiting. Going to the game is nice but hardly does anything to improve recruiting.

Please pass this sage advice on to others.

What fans do is help their team any way possible, real fans donate to SWARM.
Stop. Real fans? Go to the off topic board and spew crap all you want with those dimwits.
So if you are not giving 25000 a year to Swarm you are 1/100 of a fan?
Giving money to a collective doesn't connect you to Iowa sports anymore than buying a licensed product and wearing it, being one in attendence at sold out venues, or a chance meeting with Kirk at Starbucks.
I listened to a similar stance from an Iowa grad talking to a farmer who had never graduated from college. Asshat was trying to act all of it as a grad when the farmer had seasons tickets to three sports for over 30 years. Who contributed more to Iowa? Doesn't matter as they both are fans....

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Stop. Real fans? Go to the off topic board and spew crap all you want with those dimwits.
So if you are not giving 25000 a year to Swarm you are 1/100 of a fan?
Giving money to a collective doesn't connect you to Iowa sports anymore than buying a licensed product and wearing it, being one in attendence at sold out venues, or a chance meeting with Kirk at Starbucks.
I listened to a similar stance from an Iowa grad talking to a farmer who had never graduated from college. Asshat was trying to act all of it as a grad when the farmer had seasons tickets to three sports for over 30 years. Who contributed more to Iowa? Doesn't matter as they both are fans....
LOL

OIP.THZC123OqNfuRTS45iritwAAAA

Giving money to the NIL Collective (SWARM) is the best and quickest way to improve recruiting. Going to the game is nice but hardly does anything to improve recruiting.

Please pass this sage advice on to others.
Stay out of business as your dense in how NIL grows. You are another that was/is sold a bill of goods by Brad about how a bunch of low level message board posters make a difference. If the guy was pitching more businesses who can help increase the NIL exposure it would help.
Going to the game and making those tickets harder to come by will increase NIL. Demand for tickets will keep the positive momentum about Iowa sports on the upswing and that in return makes people much more willing to contribute to NIL.
Just telling someone we can't compete unless we buy players is a losing message. Crying about not keeping up money wise with NIL is a losing message. Berating people who don't donate is a losing message. Businesses thrive on positive returns of any type.
D.I.M.W.I.T You miss everything spoken by knowledgeable people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT