ADVERTISEMENT

2025 scheduling conundrum

I can't imagine KF likes the idea of opening a season with 1 tough game on the road. Just saw the stat that KF is 13-12 in BIG openers, some tough, some not as much, 500 is what you get with this coach.

Reactions: dadster and QChawks
I can't imagine KF likes the idea of opening a season with 1 tough game on the road. Just saw the stat that KF is 13-12 in BIG openers, some tough, some not as much, 500 is what you get with this coach.
18 of 26 big ten openers have been or will be on the road. 8 of those 18 were against ranked teams and 3 of the remaining 10 were at Rutgers or Penn State. Now I'm not making excuses but that's an awfully lopsided home/away slate with nearly half being ranked and then another group of east coast trips. There's more to the story than a .500 record.

Reactions: icwesthawk
Does anyone think we will start the season next year on the road @ USC? We both still have open dates for Aug 30th... I can't imagine KF likes the idea of opening a season with 2 tough games on the road.
Well he better sack up if that is what it is. At least it won't be 130 degrees in the shade at night like that damn game in Tucson was.

Does anyone think we will start the season next year on the road @ USC? We both still have open dates for Aug 30th... I can't imagine KF likes the idea of opening a season with 2 tough games on the road.
At this point, I say there’s about a 50/50 chance that it won’t be KF’s problem.

Bigger question is who is game 1 QB? Who are our linebackers?
Brendan Sullivan, and a bunch of guys who are going to suck, that's who. ;)

But really though, I think unless Kirk retires at the end of the year, he is off all our recruited QBs.

They are glorified towel boys on this roster while Kirk is still here, and as long as they hang around/don't transfer.

It's really disappointing, because how poorly it speaks to our trash ability to evaluate QB recruits out of HS and then spend any ounce of f***ing energy trying to develop them once they get here.

Reactions: TNHAWK79
Why would we open the season with a conference game, let alone against USC?

Here's how I see it shaking out:

Michigan State
At Iowa State
UMass
Florida Atlantic
At Wisconsin
Oregon
Penn State
At Rutgers
Indiana
At USC
Minnesota
At Nebraska

Last edited:
USC back in it. It looked like Mich was trying to hold them to a FG try with that zone pass coverage but the QB getting more time now.

Mich might need to score two more TDs to win this game.

The big play of the game was that penalty to start the USC drive that lead to the FG before halfttime. USC got a first down from their own 5 yard line on 3rd and 12 to keep that drive going.

Otherwise Mich might have got a punt at midfield with a minute to go to up the lead to 17 or 21 to zip

I get that. I didn't see where FAU was already scheduled to play on the 30th.

But my guess is no, we will not play on the road to start the season. It's either gonna be Michigan State or Indiana again at home.
Ind, Mich St, Minn, Penn St and Oregon all have non-conference games scheduled for opening weekend already, so unless one of those gets canceled or rescheduled, Iowa won't be opening at home with a B1G game.

Nebraska, Wisconsin and Rutgers also have opening weekend non-conference games scheduled.

So, assuming the Fla Atlantic game is going to be canceled/rescheduled, the only options for opening weekend for Iowa next season are:
1) at USC
2) New home non-conf game (UNI does not have a game scheduled for Aug 30th, so I'd say the chances of this being the game are ~90%)
3) Non-conf neutral-site game (Notre Dame doesn't have a game scheduled for Aug 30th....just sayin'....)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT