ADVERTISEMENT

22-8 and breaking down remaining schedule

Starting 0-2 in Big 10 on our home court. It's not acceptable!
I get what you are saying....but "not acceptable" just doesn't really apply, right? IF it does in fact happen that we are 0-2 in the B10 for homecourt games....if that is the reality, you are not going to accept it? What does that mean? Fire the coach on the spot? We know that's not going to happen.

I think what you are saying is that you expect better and that IF the Hawks lose to Maryland, you/we are going to be pissed off because we don't like it, we aren't happy about it, we expect better? But.....if we lose to Maryland to go 0-2 at home but then get on a roll and end up at 10-10 or better in the conference....then this wasn't a must win, right?

Starting 0-2 in Big 10 on our home court. It's not acceptable!

When our first two Big 10 match ups are Purdue & Illinois and we are basically a rebuild in progress, I think an 0-2 start was practically a foregone conclusion,.. and potentially going 0-3 after Maryland is simply a roll of the dice.

Reactions: perryhawk
I get what you are saying....but "not acceptable" just doesn't really apply, right? IF it does in fact happen that we are 0-2 in the B10 for homecourt games....if that is the reality, you are not going to accept it? What does that mean? Fire the coach on the spot? We know that's not going to happen.

I think what you are saying is that you expect better and that IF the Hawks lose to Maryland, you/we are going to be pissed off because we don't like it, we aren't happy about it, we expect better? But.....if we lose to Maryland to go 0-2 at home but then get on a roll and end up at 10-10 or better in the conference....then this wasn't a must win, right?
0-2 was essentially expected by most. At least if you were being honest. Boilers are the best in conference and illanoy is one of the top 4.

I don't think this game is a necessity either. But it will be a tougher hill to climb if they lose tonight against maryland.
10 conference wins probably gets them a tourney bid. There will be few, if any, gimmes. I'm hopeful they can go 5-3 this month.

Reactions: perryhawk
0-2 was essentially expected by most. At least if you were being honest. Boilers are the best in conference and illanoy is one of the top 4.

I don't think this game is a necessity either. But it will be a tougher hill to climb if they lose tonight against maryland.
10 conference wins probably gets them a tourney bid. There will be few, if any, gimmes. I'm hopeful they can go 5-3 this month.
Agreed......0-2 vs Purdue and Illinois....I wasn't clear if he was indicating 0-2 to start the B10 or specifically 0-2 at home, vs Illinois and Maryland? Still not sure.

I think this Maryland game is very important.....this is a team that I hope we are a step above in the conference .

Speaking of schedule - we play Wisconsin Friday. Supposed to be on BTN, buy Cox our here says Indiana at 7:30 Iowa time. Any info????????????????

I think we will beat Wiscy a their place............We know who we need to stop in Davis and they know who they need to stop in Keegan. But I think Keegan is feeling much better now!!

Keegan Murray will always provide us a chance to win.
His supporting cast must rebound and start hitting
some 3 pointers. Our defense can improve as we play
out the Big Ten schedule.

Things are going as I expected, although I hope I’m wrong Thursday.

not seeing this team being able to win @ Bucky
As you said, expected to this point. Knocking off bucky at home would be an unexpected pleasant surprise. I don't think they'll pull it off either, but it's not a complete long shot for them to get the upset.

Still a lot of games left, but not sure how the things that hurt this team get better. The defense is cratering to levels the 2017 team hit that went 14-19. They just don't play defense. Period. Until they do, they will be semi-entertaining to watch but not win anything of substance.

They need to, at worst go 3-1 over the next 4. That would mean winning at least one road game, or beating Indiana, who has one of the top 5 players in the league.... unfortunately don't see that happening

I said 5 wins in January were needed to stay on track for .500 in the league and I'm sticking with that. 3 to go out of at minny, at rutgers, psu home, pu home and at psu. Nothing is a gimme for them. But 3 wins out of that bunch is not a monumental task.

As far as chances at making the tourney, beating psu at home is probably about as much of a must win game as it gets for this team this season. Got to find 7 more regular season wins on what's left of the schedule.

As far as chances at making the tourney, beating psu at home is probably about as much of a must win game as it gets for this team this season. Got to find 7 more regular season wins on what's left of the schedule.

so far they are +1 from my prediction which would get them 18 wins. There are a lot of tough games to go.

I think they finish 20-11 or 19-12
If they get to 20 wins, 10 in the league it's probable they make the tourney no matter who those 10 are over.
If they are sub .500 in conference I'd guess it would take a win over one of the top 3 or 4 teams as part of their resume to get them in. Or to make a run to the title game in the B1G tourney. With such a poor non-con schedule they have very little margin.

At what point do we take a major drop in the NET with 0 quad 1 wins?

200.gif

Hmmmm I wonder why this hasn’t been bumped since Feb 1. Kenpom has Iowa finishing 11-8(OSU isn’t calculated so let’s say 11-9). Maybe around 6th in the B1G and comfortably in the tourney. I’ll take it!

Reactions: Mohawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT