ADVERTISEMENT

New Story 26 Iowa Athletes Under Investigation for Online Sports Gambling

Good god .... just fire everyone and shut it down for a few years. No over-site, no cooperation, race lawsuits, blatant nepotism and nothing to show for it but some toilet bowl wins.
What a joke!
First step for Nebraska to get some toilet bowl wins is to actually get to a toilet bowl. But hang in there! The savior has arrived!!! Again!!!

ugh alright if this is going to get Brian fired...I guess I can live with that.
Why would it get Brian fired? If he had no knowledge of anything and some players on offense were involved then it helps him. The narrative then will be that It wasn't coaching, but players intentionally not executing for their own enrichment. Brian is an innocent victim.

Since they're using the term criminal, I'd say that it's more likely underage gambling...
Maybe, but my first thought when sports betting became widely legal was that we'd probably have players either betting on their own games or being paid to influence games by others. It's not like there haven't been gambling scandals in college sports before.

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
Why would it get Brian fired? If he had no knowledge of anything and some players on offense were involved then it helps him. The narrative then will be that It wasn't coaching, but players intentionally not executing for their own enrichment. Brian is an innocent victim.
Ringo don't get it.

The modern day equivalent of underage drinking...unless you are betting on your own games/sport.
I don't think so, so if baseball player A is friends with football player B, and convinces said friend B to drop a TD pass so Iowa doesn't cover, that would be very bad.

Sports gambling is always bad for any participants.

I don't think so, so if baseball player A is friends with football player B, and convinces said friend B to drop a TD pass so Iowa doesn't cover, that would be very bad.

Sports gambling is always bad for any participants.
I should have been more clear. I don't think you should be able to bet on anything that involves your school that you attend either. I can see that being an issues as athletes from across different sports at the same school are usually tight.

Good god .... just fire everyone and shut it down for a few years. No over-site, no cooperation, race lawsuits, blatant nepotism and nothing to show for it but some toilet bowl wins.
What a joke!
This post is a joke. Pure hyperbole. I wonder why some of you even remain fans.

On CyFan site it is being heavily implied a certain QB for Iowa State will be one implicated and likely suspended.

I saw Dekkers mention, but not the other two. Ouch! if those 3 for sure.
I have heard nothing on it other than a person I know that works in the ISU football dept is saying they're tied to this gambling investigation. Dekkers was using his mom's account from the football facility while he was underage

I have heard nothing on it other than a person I know that works in the ISU football dept is saying they're tied to this gambling investigation. Dekkers was using his mom's account from the football facility while he was underage
Crazy. His Mom sure did like to spend time at the facility! And allegedly for now of course.

I've also heard the latter part (in bold) but not from the sources whom I consider to be "in the know." If (and I stress IF) he was (a) underage; and (b) using a parent's account to "shield" his activity, he's going to have a very difficult time convincing the NCAA that he should be entitled to much leniency.

Reactions: pistachio1999
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT