ADVERTISEMENT

$27 Wouldja

meg ryan love GIF by HULU

I've seen a ton of reviews of that place over the years and it sounds like an amazing sandwich

although, that price is more about supply & demand. If people are willing to pay $27 for a sandwich, then who are we to say that's it's over priced

I wood love to destroy one

Reactions: Torg
I've seen a ton of reviews of that place over the years and it sounds like an amazing sandwich

although, that price is more about supply & demand. If people are willing to pay $27 for a sandwich, then who are we to say that's it's over priced

I wood love to destroy one

IMO, it's not over priced. The full sandwich is more than enough for 2 if you're ordering anything else.

Last time I was there we ordered the pastrami, a half turkey, mazo ball soup and a hot dog. We were a 3 top, and nobody left hungry.

The pickles were outstanding as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torg
To paraphrase Samuel L. Jackson, that sandwich may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'll never know because I ain't eating it.

$27. For one sandwich. Sheesh, if I had to I could eat for a week on $27.

To paraphrase Samuel L. Jackson, that sandwich may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'll never know because I ain't eating it.

Well if I HAD to I could eat a box of dried spaghetti and a little butter every day, but that isn't exactly a long-term sustainable plan if you have any health goals, unless you have access to a robust and productive garden, and meat/fish you harvested yourself from hunting/fishing.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP

It's mostly the experience at that point, more than the price. Obviously if you're on a fixed income you should probably avoid it, but if you can afford it, take the plunge. There will always be more money and you can't take it all with you.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

I never cease to be amazed at Iowans being so cheap they deny themselves the occasional treat on general fiscal principle.

I never cease to be amazed at Iowans being so cheap they deny themselves the occasional treat on general fiscal principle.

I've often admitted here, I'm the poorest bastard on this board. But even in my best money years, rarely spent a lot of money on single meals. Just not my style is all. And besides, my restaurant years I ate very very well. I've had my "day in the sun" when it comes to great food and eating out.

As I've aged...just not that much of a priority any more.

Reactions: Tenacious E
I've often admitted here, I'm the poorest bastard on this board. But even in my best money years, rarely spent a lot of money on single meals. Just not my style is all. And besides, my restaurant years I ate very very well. I've had my "day in the sun" when it comes to great food and eating out.

As I've aged...just not that much of a priority any more.
I'm not judging, just always amazed. My wealthy FIL was this way about the weirdest things.

I'll never forget him absolutely SCREAMING at me to jump up and recover a $10 bait bucket that the wind was blowing off his dock at his Marco Island home before it blew away. As I'm running past the $75,000 boat moored next to the dock, the absurdity of the situation struck me.

"I just BOUGHT THAT!" he said when I returned.

LOL

$27 seems like a steal TBH. There is 4× more meat on there than any $15 sandwich at 90% of restaurants. I couldn't eat more than half that thing, probably less than half.

ive had that sandwich many times, id pay more than $27 for it right now although i still say manny's deli is better.

I don't think so, Manny's is always too dry imo. The potato pancake at Manny's is impossible to beat though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT