ADVERTISEMENT

3.5 point underdogs

IaHawks03

HR Legend
Jan 10, 2005
Fandual has Gonzaga favored by 3.5 points.
Over/under 170.5 points

Garza over/under 25.5 pts
Wieskamp over/under 14.5 pts

They usually add more bets before tipoff.

i think iowa wins this

* Iowa is highly motivated & want that #1 ranking
* Gonzaga practiced for 1st time in 2 weeks yesterday (could be rusty)

i see a 90ish to 80ish type game; iowa winning by 10

Reactions: SotaHawk87
Garza plays 34+ minutes. Over on points for Garza.
Hawks win by 6.
170 is a tough call for total points.
definitely over for wieskamp. That’s easy money.

I wonder if start time will be a factor. 11 am local time is a 9 am Pacific start. Not sure what a standard college hoops pre-game looks like, but I’d assume players will be up by 7 (maybe before) and at the arena by 8.

It very well may not be a factor, but if it is, it’s advantage Iowa. for the available bets in the OP, it’s a pretty good job on the lines. Should be a competitive game, I like the over but 170 is an 86-84 final score so it’s already up there in points. I could see the Garza going either way. I like the over, but look at UNC - Gonzaga might go out of their way to limit Garza. I love the over on Weezy.

All the sports analysts are picking Gonzaga to win. Probably just casual sports fans following the herd. Iowa is underestimated, IMO.

In a normal situation I would bet on Gonzaga to win. They are lethal on both ends of the floor. But them being off for a few weeks is going to hurt them in an uptempo game so in this particular circumstance I expect Iowa to win.

Every fan is picking the over for obvious reasons but yet the money is pushing that line down. Hmmm.

A good reason for the under is Gonzaga’s conditioning might have them trying to slow things down a bit at times?

In a normal situation I would bet on Gonzaga to win. They are lethal on both ends of the floor. But them being off for a few weeks is going to hurt them in an uptempo game so in this particular circumstance I expect Iowa to win.
Can already hear everyone on selection Sunday giving the Zags a pass on this game if we win. Not gonna let it ruin my day though.

Can already hear everyone on selection Sunday giving the Zags a pass on this game if we win. Not gonna let it ruin my day though.

individual games have almost no bearing on selection Sunday, nor should they

also note that if the game is close, the KenPom ranks of both teams will change very little no matter who wins.

Line is now 4.5 points. Some west coast zag fans must be making some late night bets

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT