ADVERTISEMENT

3 Americans dead at a Sandals resort in the Bahamas.

why-not-both-why-not.gif

Carbon monoxide is definitely a possibility. I think most of the villas have 2 rooms in them at that property. So it will be a lot clearer if they were in the same villa. Those villas also have butlers. Bad drugs could be a possibility and if they are in different villas but same butler that might not bode well for him/her. I honestly have no idea though if illicit drug use is so common that you’d have 2 couples overdosing the same day. I’m sure I’m very naïve about that stuff.

Reactions: Jake9CNN
Carbon monoxide is definitely a possibility. I think most of the villas have 2 rooms in them at that property. So it will be a lot clearer if they were in the same villa. Those villas also have butlers. Bad drugs could be a possibility and if they are in different villas but same butler that might not bode well for him/her. I honestly have no idea though if illicit drug use is so common that you’d have 2 couples overdosing the same day. I’m sure I’m very naïve about that stuff.
At least it wasn't in Jamaica right?!

Reactions: 3boysmom
Some reports out there of other guests noticing evil smells from an ac unit. Sandals would probably prefer if it were a kinky drug thing.

First though was accidental drug overdose.

Let’s hope that exterminator company isn’t accidentally using the killer insecticide again

I've stayed on Exuma but I booked a villa. I've seen the sandals resort. It's tucked in the middle of nowhere. If you got sick, it's a minimum hr lifeflight to Miami, assuming a plane is ready. Exuma is a beautiful yet weird place. Very undeveloped. Nothing surprises me in the Caribbean.

It seems most likely to be some environmental thing since they had been ill a couple days earlier. My immediate thought was bad drugs. But when they were in different villas that gave name pause. But being sick days before? It’s something else.

What is the attraction to going to a dirt ass poor location built by foreigners that could give a shit less about your safety... only doing the minimum to make crazy ****ing profit off dumb Americans who often times can't afford it. I've never understood it.

Reactions: The Tradition
What is the attraction to going to a dirt ass poor location built by foreigners that could give a shit less about your safety... only doing the minimum to make crazy ****ing profit off dumb Americans who often times can't afford it. I've never understood it.
so you have never been to any of the locations you have issue with

Ill never understand the love for all inclusive resorts. Im currently coming back from Medellin Colombia and cant even fathom not hopping around each day to different neighborhoods or towns (Guatape is fantastic).

The exchange rate at the moment is also quite beneficial.
Because some people just want to relax on vacation. They don’t want to be busy every day. They want to lay on the beach, have a drink, read a book or post on HROT. All inclusive resorts have their place, your preferred vacation has its place. Fortunately no one is forced to do either.

Because some people just want to relax on vacation. They don’t want to be busy every day. They want to lay on the beach, have a drink, read a book or post on HROT. All inclusive resorts have their place, your preferred vacation has its place. Fortunately no one is forced to do either.
This. Never underestimate my desire to be lazy and under no time restrictions, or to spend a day at a swim up bar.

Hopefully we avoid a repeat of the horrific American tourist Holocaust in the Dominican Republic in 2018 brought to us by our national media. Probably one of the most overblown news stories in recent history. Even the State Department went down to investigate, realized it was nothing unusual and maintained a Level 2 Travel Advisory.

I liked how so many Americans freaked out over the Dominican story and zika in Brazil 2016 (zero American deaths from zika), thought you were nuts for traveling abroad, but somehow thought Covid-19 was just news media fantasy.

I enjoy both types of vacations.

Both types of vacations are a conflict in my head.

Part of me says you are on a vacation so relax.

Part of me also says "Well if you are traveling you should see as much as you can while you are here."

So part of me wants to just kind of chill for hours on end. And part of me wants to be constantly going from 8 AM to 8 PM to see as much as I can.

I actually think I come to a happy medium but it's sort of a struggle in my brain. And I think my wife helps the "Go from 8 AM to 8 PM" part from winning over.

I’ll just stay home and wait for the end of the world in Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT