ADVERTISEMENT

#3 in the AP. wow

Hawks are in a strong position, but fan expectations seem to be skyrocketing. There are still plenty of games left that are not close to a sure win. Players and Fran have it right--one game at a time. I hope fans aren't going to go nuts when the Hawks lose a couple of games.

I get the point that you're trying to make here, but there really are very few games left on the schedule that we have any business losing. The two Indiana games, Thursday at MD, and maybe the season finale in Ann Arbor, but that's it. The B1G is as weak at the bottom as it's been in years, and we have absolutely no business losing to any of those teams. And we've already played and swept two of the best teams. Anything more than 2 or 3 more losses in the regular season would be a HUGE disappointment right now.

The conference tourney should be extremely interesting, as that has been Fran's kryptonite since he's been here.

OSU sucks.
I wouldn't exactly say they "suck".

I threw them in for a couple of reasons...

A) traditionally a house of horrors for Iowa
B) we are probably bound to lose a game we shouldn't

...and they are more of a realistic potential upset than say a truly "suck" team like Illinoy.

Also all of our losses have been to current top 50 RPI teams. It's pretty amazing that after Thursday Iowa will have played as many games against top 50 teams in the RPI (10) as they have those ranked 51+.

Though not official as a game since it was an exhibition game, Augustana loss could be to a #1 Division 2 school as of next week, as they were #2 in latest poll which notes on this link that the top ranked West Liberty team just lost its first game after the time those results were considered for this week's poll.

NABC Division 2 rankings

With a young Mich team improving (getting votes), I think the last game of the season in Ann Arbor is as tough as any left on the conference schedule. We dodged Levert, projected 1st round, at home. He is supposed to be back well in time for the Iowa game.
Michigan is actually playing better without him. He doesn't solve their weaknesses that they have. I could see him coming back as having no effect or even a negative effect.

I think it shows considerable respect for ISU that three of the top four teams lost to the Cyclones but the voters didn't knock them out of the top five.

I think it shows considerable respect for ISU that three of the top four teams lost to the Cyclones but the voters didn't knock them out of the top five.

I assume you are referring to OU, KU and Iowa... if so, your post makes little, if no sense.

Iowa, as has been discussed within this very thread was unranked at the time the Hawks played in Ames. The Kansas game was less than twenty-four hours ago now and thus, subsequent to the release of polls (voters) that occurred earlier in the day yesterday. But, yes, OU did remain in the top five, so there is that.

Carry on, LC.

You'll go 3-2 against them and if you played at carver it would be 2-3.
You want a cookie?

Though not official as a game since it was an exhibition game, Augustana loss could be to a #1 Division 2 school as of next week, as they were #2 in latest poll which notes on this link that the top ranked West Liberty team just lost its first game after the time those results were considered for this week's poll.

NABC Division 2 rankings

Just to follow up on this, we did climb to #1 today, which is our program's first regular season #1 ranking. After opening the season with a loss to Washburn--probably flying a little too close to the sun (as my friend Buster Bluth would say) after the game in Iowa City--we've won 17 straight and have a record of 17-1 in regular season play. Glad to see your guys' continued success as well.

I get the point that you're trying to make here, but there really are very few games left on the schedule that we have any business losing. The two Indiana games, Thursday at MD, and maybe the season finale in Ann Arbor, but that's it. The B1G is as weak at the bottom as it's been in years, and we have absolutely no business losing to any of those teams. And we've already played and swept two of the best teams. Anything more than 2 or 3 more losses in the regular season would be a HUGE disappointment right now.

The conference tourney should be extremely interesting, as that has been Fran's kryptonite since he's been here.
After the start Iowa has had, I also will be VERY disappointed if Iowa loses more than 3 games. I think the championship is there to take, but it isn't going to be as easy as the Hawks have made it look so far in the B1G. With 11 to play, a lot can happen that can't be predicted now. Every road game is going to be tough. If you don't understand that, you probably haven't been watching B1G basketball very long. The key is to keep taking the games one at a time, and not let a loss create another loss. I don't want to jinx the run we are on and talk about specific games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT