ADVERTISEMENT

3 Point Takedown. What do you all think?

hawkaeg80

HR MVP
Dec 28, 2014
Cedar Rapids
Since the meat of the schedule is coming up, I'm curious as to what you all think about the 3-point takedown. As for me, I'm still adjusting. Yelling "3" has been a difficult transition for me and a lot of people. As to the wrestlers and coaches, they don't seem to care one way or another (At least I think they don't).
So, what do you think?

images

Three!!! :p

I’m a huge fan of the 3 pt takedown. Never out of the match, and as a bonus less guys are going “auto-down” when it is a their choice.

I don’t understand the “no lead is safe” angle. If it weren’t for the 3-point takedown the leads wouldn’t be as big to begin with.
Not always true. One takedown and 4 back points is a huge move. However, it isn’t such an insurmountable lead that it can’t be reeled back in now.

In the old system, a 7-0 score would require 5 takedowns and releases to tie it back up at 11.

In the new scoring system, that same 7-0 score can be erased and the lead lost on 3 takedowns. You would now be down 10-9.

Not always true. One takedown and 4 back points is a huge move. However, it isn’t such an insurmountable lead that it can’t be reeled back in now.

In the old system, a 7-0 score would require 5 takedowns and releases to tie it back up at 11.

In the new scoring system, that same 7-0 score can be erased and the lead lost on 3 takedowns. You would now be down 10-9.
I get that, but wouldn’t the score have been 6-0 (2 TD, 4 NF) the old system, not 7-0?

Reactions: Rose bowl or bust
I love it for multiple reasons. It ends matches quicker when the only skill the losers has is staying off his back. It also rewards guys with a gas tank and allows them to come back. It also makes it easier for guys to get get majors which encourages them to keep working.

I get that, but wouldn’t the score have been 6-0 (2 TD, 4 NF) the old system, not 7-0?
True. It would take 4 takedowns to get back to 9-9 tie, not the 5 from earlier.

Still, I like the reward for guys who are willing to shoot and create offense. I feel we’ve seen more guys willing to cut a guy loose instead of just trying to hang on or push OOB to get a restart.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT