ADVERTISEMENT

BIGS Seeds??? What do you guys think…

Spoons

HR All-American
Jan 17, 2002
Iowa could be looking at quite a few 3,4 & 5 seeds. Honestly don’t think we will have any 1 seeds. Closest could be Ayala but who know what the Hell to do with 125. What are your thoughts on where our guys end up. Also what if Gabe and Big Ben go where do you put them…

Best guess

125 Ayala 2-3
133 Teske 8-9
141 Woods 3-4
149 Rathjen 3
157 Franek 4-5
165 Caliendo 3
174 Kennedy 3
184 Riggins 11-13 (Highly doubt Arnold goes)
197 Glazier 2-3
285 Kueter 6-10? Hard to tell with only 3 Big 10 matches.

Gabe isn't going, but I wouldn't mind Kueter pulling the redshirt. If we don't have any 1s and 2s, then take advantage of being a lot of 3s and 4s and get some bonus points in that first round (an extra ten bonus points can be huge as that's a free third place finisher). Wouldn't think PSU will be threatened this particular year since it's their most balanced team in memory, but their track record of winning B10s is hardly as impressive as their NCAAs (which their fans seem to ignore when comparing Gable and Cael), and if Starocci forfeits out, who knows. I didn't expect Michigan to beat them two years ago when the Hawks were wounded and couldn't do it themselves. Then Amine upset Brooks. No reason one of their top guys can't get knocked off again. Best case predictions if Starocci does the .01 MFF: Ayala finalist, Teske top four, Woods wins, Rathjen top four, Franek finalist, Caliendo finalist, Kennedy finalist, Riggins just win one match, Glazier finalist, and Kueter top four. If we could pull off three champions we could be right in it. Michigan could be right there as well. If Gabe does go, we get a top three at 184 as well and it becomes very interesting, but don't think he will after yesterday.

I think we are going to have a bunch of 3-5 seeds that will get 1st round bonus points. That’ll let us hang around a bit longer.

Reactions: #10Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT